Author Topic: Tellico is in danger  (Read 2292 times)

BUBBA

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 16
  • Male Posts: 1,138
  • Member since Mar '05
  • this sucks
    • View Profile
Tellico is in danger
« on: Dec 25, 2007, 06:58:57 AM »
Things aren't looking good for the Upper Tellico OHV area in Murphy NC.Here's the bad news from pirate. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640323
87 4runner 350 with custom dent package. 
My budget beater

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Tellico is in danger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2007, 07:39:48 AM »
Quote from: k9crazy;7627306
Today the USFS came out with their Closure Orders.

The Summary is:

1.  A one-year closure of Lower Trail 2 (from the intersection with Road 420 west to Road 402), Trail 7, a portion of Trail 8 (from the intersection with Trail 9 to the intersection with Trail 10A), and Trail 9 in the Upper Tellico OHV area which prohibits operating motor vehicles on these trails during the closure period and sets penalties for violating the provisions of this Order.

2.  A seasonal closure of the Upper Tellico OHV Area which prohibits operating motor vehicles on trails within the Area during the period between January 1 and March 31 each year and sets penalties for violating the provisions of this Order. 

SFWDA in cooperation with UFWDA and BlueRibbon is evaluating these orders and will be responding accordingly.

Go to this thread for the whole document text:  http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604044

:headshake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2007, 08:32:13 AM »

:down: I was reading through the thread. Sounds like a lot of people are doing a lot of work to keep it open. I'm going to donate to their cause.
We have got to get up there before it gets worse :tantrum:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2007, 11:44:43 AM »
 :thumbdown: Damn I have always wanted to wheel Telico  :maddest:

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2008, 09:30:35 AM »
after writing a lengthy email to Cabela's  concerning their role in this  i got this emailtoday

Thank you for contacting Cabela’s regarding our support of conservation and advocacy groups. This support includes conservation organizations such as Trout Unlimited, as well as advocacy groups like Tread Lightly, which states as its mission “to proactively protect recreation access and opportunities in the outdoors.”

As a retailer focused on the outdoors and outdoor sports, it’s our policy to support the organizations that protect our outdoor heritage, a heritage that includes, among many other passions, both trout fishing and responsibly enjoying off-highway vehicles. We provide backing for these and other organizations to ensure the pastimes our customers – and we – enjoy are protected.

Because of customers’ concerns regarding the Tellico/Nantahala access issue, we’ve been in contact with both TU and our friends at Tread Lightly and other OHV organizations, encouraging all parties to come to an agreement that protects the watershed while providing responsible access for OHV enthusiasts such as yourself.

Again, we appreciate you contacting us to voice your concerns and thank you for your continued business. We look forward to serving your outdoor recreation needs for many years to come.

David Draper

Corporate Communications

Cabela's Inc.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

porkchop

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 630
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Yeah 2 @ 1 time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2008, 05:31:21 PM »
Glad we made it twice last year. Thanks Trout Huggers
85 TRUCK AUSSIE IN FRONT LINCON AROUND BACK MARLIN 4" SPRINGS UP FRONT WITH 63 CHEVYS ON BACK. REBUILT 22R WITH CRAWL CAM AND FEW OTHER THINGS NOTHING HUGE JUST WAITING TO GET PROPANE ON IT. RUNNIN 35'S M/T WITH MY LONGFIELDS 30 SPLINE SUPER AXLES. 4.7's IN T-CASE AND ON THE WAY WITH DUAL CASES. FULL HYDRO WITH TG ROCK ASSULT PUMP AND 2 X 6 AG RAM