Author Topic: Project Snoopy: 85 4Runna - Rebuild 1.0  (Read 159549 times)

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Re: Project Snoopy: 85 4Runna
« Reply #60 on: Feb 08, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »

DTB has the 12.50 wide sx tires, and they seemed to perform well, but mabye its the driver.  :dunno: Na thats not it!  :nope:
:bat:

I love the 12.5s x36...perfect size for a trail rig  :biggthumpup:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,105
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:51:16 AM »
Haha!

He did walk that one steep section first or second try with an unlocked front, but that may have been the longer wheelbase.

Maybe I'll just get the tire that gets me by 'til the LTBs  :willynilly:

Going to ship out my stuff. Holla' lata'!

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:02:10 AM »
Just a little update:

Ordered some parts.  :king:

I ordered Off Road Solutions e-locker harness http://www.offroadsolutions.com/products/new_products.htm. Sure, I could've wired that up, but I'm scared of electrical and time is kinda precious right now with school and a job. I haven't seen Snoopy in forever...  :rivers:

I also ordered a SKY IFS hub adapter . They must machine it out of gold  :haha: Again, I could've made this with a friend who has a CNC mill, but my time is precious  :smack:

Then, I made the all important order from Marlin...  :eyebrow: To be arriving shortly:
         - MC 07 R-10
         - Front Spring Hanger Kit
         - ARB parts
         -Miscellaneous crap...

I also have a turbo tranny, t-case, housing and all associated hardware coming from Minnesota this week or next  :drooling: He has had to wait for it to warm up from -30 so he doesn't break stuff  :ack:

And the part I'm most excited about is a tool... Drum roll......

A BENDER!!!  :woohoo:   I found a deal on this guy here http://www.midamericanonline.com/tubing_benders.html with 4 dies and the foot pump. It's not the industrial bender, and it comes with a 1", 1.25", 1.5", and 1 5/8" die. I'm really excited to pick it up over spring break. Hopefully by that time I'll be ready to fab up some bumpers, sliders, fender hoops  :flamer: :_order:... who knows!

This weekend I was planning on picking up the parts 'Runner. It was raining all day Saturday, and I didn't feel comfortable driving someone else's truck with another person's trailer on the interstate for 3 hours total. I did get to check out the runner, and it has auto hubs  :rivers: That's kinda  :stopit: 5spd, though, so that's a plus. I could rebuild it, or I could just take the doors for half doors, top, tailgate, and part the rest  :dunno: Who knows...

Maybe one FRIGGIN' day I'll stop being a web wheeler...  :down:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:06:24 AM »
Crap, why can't I post pics??? I need some help!

Here's my photobucket album of the stuff just mentioned:

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/Jordan7118/Miscellaneous/

Please school me on adding photos!  :bowdown:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Feb 18, 2008, 05:18:52 AM »

RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Feb 18, 2008, 06:25:28 AM »
Thanks, Linus!

When I get more time I'll go back and get that crap sorted out. Thanks for the help, Collier!  :beerchug:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Feb 26, 2008, 11:24:24 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo SNAP!!!

The time I've been waiting for is here!

Marlin's order should be arriving tomorrow; I just received Off Road Solutions e-locker harness; Collier shipped some IFS hubs and lockouts for the SKY spacers; turbo t-case arrives tomorrow, too; Long hub gears came in; picked up a tap to do my hydro assist setup; I'm in Fayetteville this weekend.

SO what does this mean? It means I get to actually do some work!!!  :willynilly:

I'll be sure to take pictures. I think I'll tack up the front spring hanger with built-in receiver hitch, put the t-case adapter together, prep the front axle, tear down the IFS hubs and lockouts to be sent to Hendrix for the six-pin mod.

I think I might also go look at some tires. I'm about to round out a full set of 35 MTs for the road if all goes well tomorrow... :crossed:

Honestly, I'm getting sick of my web-wheeling self, so I know you guys are ready for me to post up proof or shut up. That day is soon coming. Bear with me, fellas!  :beerchug:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Feb 27, 2008, 05:27:56 AM »
 :snapshot: Don't forget the camera. No pics no proof.  :inthedark:
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Feb 27, 2008, 07:50:57 AM »
Word... That'll be there, or I'll stage photos   :cheese:

Geesh, I can't wait 'til this weekend! It's gonna be tight!

Michael, I got that 4Runner last weekend, and it has some good parts. If you need anything let me know and I'll return the favor for all you've done  :smooch:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Feb 27, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »
Just got back from the steelyard/junkyard/scrapyard. I bought a piece of 2.5" x 3/16 square tubing to use as a receiver mount for the front. I also bought some scrap plate for various things.

I couldn't believe my eyes  :yikes: when I saw three different beadlock rims. These weren't cheapies either. Two were MRTs and the third was a nice Allied. I wasn't sure of their trueness, so I just had to cry and leave them there. :down: Plus they were 5 on 5.5   :rivers: Thought you guys might like this little aside  :gap:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Feb 29, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »
Here I go... Gonna start the weekend off with some wrenchin'  :woohoo:     

:snapshot: will follow shortly  :greengrin:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Mar 03, 2008, 12:49:48 AM »
Made a little progress this weekend. First I started off by opening up all my boxes. It was like Christmas all over again  :drooling:

I had trouble making my crawl box. The turbo 'case I'm using didn't want to let go of the rear output flange. We used an impact wrench into a torque multiplier (at least 2:1). We did that for several minutes do no avail. You don't need the rear output shaft (you get a new shorter shaft), so I had my buddy torch it off with a plasma. Here's a pic of what's left:

After a while, the crawl box and adapter went together.

MC-07 R10 #381  :woohoo:

I got sidetracked Saturday with other stuff, so I didn't work until Sunday (tonight). I was able to get the front spring hanger mocked up and put a receiver in for a multi-mount winch or other recovery. I plan to plate the front and back. I had to pull the radiator to be able to cut it up. It sure does help to have a friend with a blue torch  :eyebrow:

Then I started pulling apart my IFS steering box to tap it for hydro assist. Man, that was a down note  :brick: I soon found it was way too rusty and filled with water to use. I didn't trust it. I decided to go ahead and practice on the box anyways. I was surprised by how easy it was. I used instructions found here - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10579.0

This was cracked and the "balls" were exposed. I knew that wasn't quite right... Plus, look at how orange it is with rust  :headshake: No way to get my money back from that, as I bought it over a year ago.  :smack:

Box tapped for practice

I didn't make as much progress as I wanted, but really I'm waiting on other stuff to go forward. Need my turbo tranny to button up all that jazz. I plan to use a dummy shifter of sorts for the rear case. The crawl box is a forward shift, so I plan to use a top-shift base and shifter put in the block-off plate of the crawl box connected with links to the rear case. I'll cut above where the links connect on the rear shifter. Maybe that makes sense...  :headscratch:

I'm really hoping to get my front end done soon. I thought I had ordered some IFS bearing hubs to send out for the 6-pin mod (why not do it while they're out, eh?) by Hendrix Motorsports. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

For the front end:
- full rebuild kit (bearings, gaskets, etc.)
- top gusset
- knuckle gusset
- hi-pinion ARB 5.29
- SKY spacers for IFS hubs
- 6-pin mod from Hendrix
- 30 spline Longfields
- Long IFS hub gears
- FJ-60 vented discs
- IFS calipers
- drain plug filled and smoothed
- Trail-Queer   :_oops: Crossover Steering

I've got a lot of work to do to get the front rollin'... Dang't... I plan to put in more time. I've kinda neglected my puppy lately, and that makes he and I sad. I've been buying more than building, and now I need to start putting it in  :_order:

Post up your thought, comments, critiques!!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Mar 03, 2008, 05:55:15 AM »
how did you box tapping practice go? If you get the same style box you can just drop the internals into the housing you tapped.....takes like 10 minutes...looking good  :cool:
RIP KYOTA

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:14:35 AM »
Box tapping practice went really well. It wasn't a big deal at all. I just piloted, then drilled to 7/16", and finally tapped. I really hate to reuse any of that old box, as it's really just pretty much fubared  :stopit:

I have another box I can use, so I might just go that route and re-tap, as it's not that big of a deal.

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Mar 03, 2008, 05:57:53 PM »
Sorry to hear about that steering box. :down: You can go ahead and put the shaft and pitman in that box andmock up your steering box, plus it will be lighter, and mabye easier to move around while you figure out the perfect placement. You will of course need that front axle under there in order to get everything parallel.

Did you get your shackle tube holes cut out of the frame as well?

my favorite places:

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:38:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about that steering box. :down: You can go ahead and put the shaft and pitman in that box andmock up your steering box, plus it will be lighter, and mabye easier to move around while you figure out the perfect placement. You will of course need that front axle under there in order to get everything parallel.
Good idea :think: I'll use it for steering mock up!

Did you get your shackle tube holes cut out of the frame as well?
Huh?  :headscratch: I've got an 85. I'm just gettin' a little beef and lift out of the new hanger 

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Mar 03, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
Forgot to mention that I called Hendrix Motorsports about the 6-pin mod for the locking hubs. They told me it'd be several months before they would have enough people's hubs to justify changing tooling on their CNC machine. He also told me people don't do it hardly anymore because ARP hub studs have solved much of the problem with snapping studs and dowel pins.

So, I'm back to saving about $100 and buying ARP hub studs. It gives me some time back, too, because I can use my hubs without waiting on shipping and tooling time  :cheese:

It's snowing here right now, so I might go out to play with Snoop and bank on class getting canceled.

I'm kinda sad Michael didn't give me more grief. What's up with that  :dunno:       :gap:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Mar 04, 2008, 06:47:24 AM »
Forgot to mention that I called Hendrix Motorsports about the 6-pin mod for the locking hubs. They told me it'd be several months before they would have enough people's hubs to justify changing tooling on their CNC machine. He also told me people don't do it hardly anymore because ARP hub studs have solved much of the problem with snapping studs and dowel pins.

So, I'm back to saving about $100 and buying ARP hub studs. It gives me some time back, too, because I can use my hubs without waiting on shipping and tooling time  :cheese:

It's snowing here right now, so I might go out to play with Snoop and bank on class getting canceled.

I'm kinda sad Michael didn't give me more grief. What's up with that  :dunno:       :gap:

I'm just proud to see you finally got off your duff and did something. I guess the keyboard gets to feeling less and less like a steering wheel, and the mouse just doesnt feel like a shift lever.  :driving:  Don't let it be another 2 months before you do anything else or I may have to come down and finish it, in a weekend, just out of spite.  :_order:

my favorite places:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Mar 04, 2008, 06:51:37 AM »
Good idea :think: I'll use it for steering mock up!
Huh?  :headscratch: I've got an 85. I'm just gettin' a little beef and lift out of the new hanger 

Oh yea I forgot. :smack: It even says so in your build thred title.  :crazy:

my favorite places:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Mar 04, 2008, 06:05:56 PM »
I'm just proud to see you finally got off your duff and did something.

:adoration: :acclaim: :cheer:   Me too... I'm tired of web-wheeling. It sucks  :rivers:

I may have to come down and finish it, in a weekend,

:willynilly: PLEASE!!! :willynilly: I'll buy you all the four-leaf clovers in the world!  :banana: :woohoo:

Seriously, I'm down for that once I get my bender. You could have some fun with me buildin' sliders and the like. Or I could bring Snoop to Arkadoodoo, hang with Glen, and work on my stuff :biggthumpup:

UPDATE:

Made some more progress last night. I tore down my IFS hubs (Thanks, Collier!  :smooch:) and put in new Bobby Long hub gears to make sure I don't strip my Longfield splines  :nope:  I'm trying to take Snoop in smaller bites so I don't get overwhelmed and go  :willynilly:

Long hub on left (30 spline), IFS on right(27 spline)

Another view - Long on top, IFS on bottom (smaller inner circle)

Finished - used lots of grease - took off the dial and lubed it up, lubed everything else good, too

Tranny has been shipped, so that should arrive in time to go in this weekend.  :woohoo:

Mom and Dad are comin' up to see a b-ball game with me and the g/f on Saturday, and hopefully he'll be able to pull my other steering box so I can start mocking that up.

After the IFS bearing hubs get here (Thanks, Collier!  :smooch:) I can put my front axle all the way together (minus ARP studs...) This should be a good weekend, as well  :cheer: BUT, we'll see  :eye: :eye:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Mar 06, 2008, 02:28:36 AM »
Plans for the Weekend (time permitting...)
-Steering box is coming up with the 'rents this weekend, so I hope to be able to tap and mock that baby up soon
-All front end parts should be here, so I hope to get that baby back together again
-Weld up the front spring hanger
-Get steering put into place
-Put turbo tranny in if it gets here in time
-Other stuff, I'm sure...

Now, let's talk tires. I really really want to run 38.5x14.50/15 SXs, but I'm hesitant to fork over $850 for three brand new tires (I already have one new one on the way - someone never used it - $100). I like the wider tires, and the SX has always been a favorite of mine. I like how they look, and they seem to work. I'd be cutting up the chevrons soon for better grip, but they'll be uncut for a while 'til I figure out the rig. However, I have found 4 39.5x18 / 15 Boggers for $1000, and I'm tempted by that. I'm looking for some feedback on that.

I know, I know - 'Why do you need tires? Your POS can't move!' I just want to have something to look for while I web-wheel, and the next item on the agenda is tires. Honestly, I really want to run the 40" LTBs, but I'll try to get those towards the end of summer when people have evaluated them and said yea or nea.

So, what are your thoughts on tires?

Now rims. I want the 15x8 so that when I put a beadlock kit on it, the rims will be more like 15x10s. I really like the Cragar Soft 8s but they have a 4" backspace. I know that's not killer, but I'd like a little less. I could custom order them in 3" BS but that's about 30 bucks more per rim. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=CRR%2D3975860&N=700+4294923107+4294923105+4294755953+4294793325+4294795098+4294755966+115&autoview=sku

I could go with 8 spoke 15x8s. They come in steel (no paint), and they're 35 bucks a piece with a custom bs (3" I believe is about as little as you can go without doing flipped centers). This would be cool and cheap, but then it's not Soft 8s... I really like those  :love:

For beadlock kits, I'm looking at two different companies. Tennessee Off Road offers a set of 4 inner rings, 4 outer rings, and 4 anti-coning rings in a simple pattern for $199 plus $25 shipping.

I'm also considering Great Lakes Offroad (GLO) beadlocks. They have a little snazzier designs, and I'm thinking I would go with
#8, #16, or #3. They are $225 shipped, but anti-coning rings are $40 more. http://www.greatlakeoffroad.com/bead.html
Here's a better image for the kits.

So you know, I've quit posting my buildup on Pirate because it just is too much for me. Yep, I started on Pirate, tried to use Marlin as a mirror buildup, and now I'm here for good. Anything can happen  :clap2: I'm excited that I'm actually doing stuff with Snoopy instead of just web-wheeling. I'm trying to take it in small bites. I'll post up when I get more thoughts  :think:
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2008, 02:36:53 AM by Jordan7118 »

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #81 on: Mar 06, 2008, 04:16:01 AM »
i think with the 14.5  or wider tire  you would want a 10 inch rim

and are you gonna tow it everywhere ??   you cant run beadlocks on the hwy  :down:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Mar 06, 2008, 04:56:42 AM »
With the beadlock kit, that rim becomes more like a 15 x 10 because the bead is now on the outside of the rim as opposed to riding on the inside.

I'm planning on two sets of tires. I'm sure it will get old changing them out all the time, but this will keep my "good" offroad tires in better shape. Plus, I can run 35s on the street for a little better fuel efficiency and power. Yep, DIY beadlocks are illegal if you get caught   :eyebrow:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Mar 06, 2008, 05:46:44 AM »
If your going 12.5 or wider tire go ahead and get a 10 inch rim to add the beadlocks too. Your tires will wear much better especially if they see any road miles.

The SXs will last much longer than the irocs, and will be a little better suited to muddy conditions if you see that type of terrain much. IROCS are awesome in the rocks, even muddy rocks,(probably due to their softer compound) but they don't clean out well in gummy mud.

I always viewed anti coning rings as a gimmick. I know what they are supposed to do, but are they really necessary?

my favorite places:

YotaJosh

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 499
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Mar 06, 2008, 06:00:17 AM »
 :psss: You can get 2.5" or 3.5" backspaced RockCrawlers from here: http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=415

Looking good so far!  :thumbs:
'79 Short Bed Pickup 4x4
'04 4Runner V8 Sport 4x2

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Mar 06, 2008, 03:28:23 PM »
If your going 12.5 or wider tire go ahead and get a 10 inch rim to add the beadlocks too. Your tires will wear much better especially if they see any road miles.
Makes sense because it will keep the tread less rounded.

The SXs will last much longer than the irocs, and will be a little better suited to muddy conditions if you see that type of terrain much. IROCS are awesome in the rocks, even muddy rocks,(probably due to their softer compound) but they don't clean out well in gummy mud.
  Yea, Irocs lugs seem to tear easier. Plus, I really like the SXs side biter stuff and TSL tread pattern.

I always viewed anti coning rings as a gimmick. I know what they are supposed to do, but are they really necessary?
I'm not sure. I'd rather be safe than sorry. They're included in one set, and $40 more in another. Still thinking about that...

:psss: You can get 2.5" or 3.5" backspaced RockCrawlers from here: http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=415

Looking good so far!  :thumbs:

Thanks for the info and props! I'll check into that.

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Mar 06, 2008, 03:56:07 PM »
Checked out those rims, Josh. They're more expensive, and 2.5" is a reversed center. I guess I'm better off keeping with Summit.

Three choices:
-Soft 8s with 4" BS - $38/rim
-Soft 8s with 3" BS - $65/rim - custom order
-8 Spoke with 3" BS - $35/rim - custom order - come unpainted

Which of the three would you choose?

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #87 on: Mar 07, 2008, 07:38:41 PM »
whats a anti coning ring :eek:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Mar 08, 2008, 08:39:01 AM »
whats a anti coning ring :eek:
Basically, beadlocks squeeze the bead against the rim. On the other side of the bolts, there is nothing to counteract the force of squeezing the beads, so the outer ring tends to dish into the middle. The anti-coning rings are small rings that go on the other side of the bolts between the inner ring and outer ring that keeps them from coming together due to the force of the bead.

Think of it as a seesaw. In the middle is the bolt. On one side is the bead pushing up on the seesaw. To keep the other side from going down, the anticoning ring pushes up as well. Now all the force is put on the bolts.

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Mar 09, 2008, 06:37:42 PM »
What a frustrating weekend...

I wasn't able to work on the Dog on Friday night. I passed out sleepy... :sleepy:

Parents came in on Saturday to watch a B-Ball game. They went with me to see Snoop for a little, and I think they're ready to see their money come to fruition.  :gap:

We won the B-ball game, and then went to eat. So... I finally rolled out to the shop around 10.

Welded up the MC knuckle gusset kit and figured out what was up with the SKY IFS spacers. Apparently I have to machine down the IFS hubs to accept the spacers  :stopit:

So, after I figured that out, I worked on putting the front axle together. It seemed that I did everything twice, thrice, four-times...  :hammerhead: I also worked on figuring out how to plumb the hi-pinion ARB. I can't seem to figure out what the crap to plumb into it to accept the blue line. What the crap...

Since I couldn't put on the IFS hubs, I worked until I got the front axle complete to the spindles.

BUT THE BIG NEWS....
     - Turbo Tranny came in  :rara:   It's durty durty, but it seems to work fine. I'm looking forward to putting this baby in.

So now the question - cut up the tranny/t-case tunnel or put in a 2" body lift  :dunno: I've seen a sweet 4Runner with a small body lift, fully exo'd... That kinda makes me feel better  :therethere: Also, with a small body lift, I could attach the sliders higher and have more room to work under Snoop.

Still workin' on tires and rims...

Next weekend I'll be here and hopefully get more accomplished  :ladys-man:
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2008, 09:24:21 PM by Jordan7118 »