Author Topic: Project Snoopy: 85 4Runna - Rebuild 1.0  (Read 153280 times)

Jordan7118

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -21
  • Male Posts: 1,105
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
Project Snoopy: 85 4Runna - Rebuild 1.0
« on: Dec 11, 2007, 06:05:40 AM »
Hey all,

I think I'm ready to start getting some feedback from the nicer people here on Marlin's forum  :clap2:

Here's a link to my work as of now on Snoopy, my evolving 4Runner. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=588083&page=3

I'll start posting my progress on here as well, but right now I don't know where to start. I was hesitant at first to post on here a couple months ago because at the time I was planning on getting some Trail-Gear stuff :beerwhack: However, I have not purchased anything from them, and Marlin has about $1k of my business as of a couple weeks ago. I don't mind spending money on quality stuff. I was dumb half-a-year ago. Please accept my apologies... :bowdown:

Anyway, I'm here to get some advice. I know Collier (DirToyBoy), Glen (79coyote) and Michael (gittinit) will be a lot of help on here as opposed to pirate. Thanks in advance, and I'll post up pics as the progress happens!  :wave:
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2009, 07:39:03 PM by Jordan7118 »

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Project Snoopy: 85 4Runna
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2007, 08:05:56 AM »
nice build man :thumbs: your gettin alot closer
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2007, 08:34:14 AM »
nice build man :thumbs: your gettin alot closer

Yup yup! I've finally almost got all my parts. :woohoo:

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »
have you already run your arb air lines yet?
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

ajordan1975

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 1,004
  • Member since Jun '07
  • i think i'm cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2007, 08:55:37 AM »
looks good..... :beerchug:
1990 4Runner, SAS, 22re, 5spd, Dual stock cases, Locked f/b, interior cage

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:01:02 AM »
have you already run your arb air lines yet?

No, I have the compressor, but now I need to figure out if it's new or old style ARB so I can order up the outside parts. I bought the ARB already setup from someone who I think acquired it new through a trade.

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:02:08 AM »
looks good..... :beerchug:

Thanks! Just trying to get this crap together, but I'm not rushing. Often the journey is more fulfilling than the destination, and I'm pretty sure I'll be both relieved and sad when I get stuff working 80% how I want : > )

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2007, 04:40:36 PM »
Thanks! Just trying to get this crap together, but I'm not rushing. Often the journey is more fulfilling than the destination, and I'm pretty sure I'll be both relieved and sad when I get stuff working 80% how I want : > )
I' m Glad to hear your going flatbelly. You shure will appriciate it, espescially if you have a full belly skid. It does royaly suck that its gonna take longer for ya to be  going though. Ya think your having fun buiding, just wait till ya start wheeling.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:00:07 PM »
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:02:38 PM »
i never go on pirates,  why that top leaf cut in half :dunno:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:09:08 PM »
Quote from: Jordan7118;7596983
I have the crawl box and adapter up for sale HERE as I've got a turbo tranny and t-case coming in January and no longer have need for that crawl box. I figure I may as well sell that one and get a rotated adapter while I'm at it. If I go to a rotated adapter, then I can't use the FROR crossmember, which is okay because this was causing a little trouble with the All-Pro e-brake kit. I really want to run the e-brake kit, so I guess the FROR crossmember has to go :(

I think now I'll tuck the drivetrain a little by cutting up the tranny tunnel and making a raised tunnel for all the drivetrain. Then I can make a custom center and attach it to a flat skid with some bushings and make it all removable. You may as well do something as far right as you can afford, eh? :
I think I'm also going to redrill my Ford pins to center up the axle a little. I went for shackle angle and didn't quite get good wheelwell centering. If I don't like the wheelbase, I'd love to make a stretch runner and put the wheelbase around 113" or so.

Next project is to get the front axle together with the hi-pinion 5.29 ARB and longs. I bought a compressor only to realize that the rocker for the locker and all other hardware was supposed to come with the locker :homer: That's what I get for bargain hunting and paying half price

I have two finals today, but after that I should be able to work on my junk 'til the 21st when I go to Kansas to hang with Grandma and the family for Christmas. I'll try to post up the small progress more often so it doesn't build up like this.

Post up your thoughts, suggestions, comments,  Later

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:27:26 PM »

The top leaf is supposed to act as an anti-wrap leaf. I think it works in theory, but I'm not totally sure in actuality. I've heard good things though, so I'll run it 'til I prove otherwise.

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:28:34 PM »
I' m Glad to hear your going flatbelly. You shure will appriciate it, espescially if you have a full belly skid. It does royaly suck that its gonna take longer for ya to be  going though. Ya think your having fun buiding, just wait till ya start wheeling.

Soon it will all be done... 'til I figure out something else to change... so I guess I'll never be done! Haha!

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:56:27 PM »
are you going to Gilmer in january??
i see you said you were getting a tranny in january

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
Gilmer? Where and what? I doubt it, as I'll be rolling that tranny in and installing the doubler as well.

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2007, 06:55:59 PM »
CJ  and  im hoping Angelo  will come to Gilmer TX   for the jambo  on the 18th
they will be bringing me a few things, i have a  post on ar-ttora

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2007, 07:29:17 PM »
Soon it will all be done... 'til I figure out something else to change... so I guess I'll never be done! Haha!

These things are never really done. I do hope to wheel with ya sometime next spring though. Think you can have it wheelable by april? Thats when I plan to come back to hotsprings, sometime around my b-day.

my favorite places:

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2007, 08:09:19 PM »
:party:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 12, 2007, 09:04:14 AM »
These things are never really done. I do hope to wheel with ya sometime next spring though. Think you can have it wheelable by april? Thats when I plan to come back to hotsprings, sometime around my b-day.

Yep, I should have it done by then. I really don't have a "to be done" date, but I think it should be crawling by then. We'll make your b-day a celebration to remember!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 13, 2007, 03:17:13 PM »
marlins rear springs are the same design, glen... see the ½ leaf on top?

looks good, jordan..let me know if u need any help...

-Collier
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 13, 2007, 05:17:14 PM »
Collier, those anti-wrap on the rear are on the front of the pack? Does that mean I should have my anti wrap on the back of the front packs?  :headscratch: Whatchya think?

Not sure if I'll be coming to see you after all  :down: Still trying to negotiate  :hammerhead: Thanks for the pics  :thumbs:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 13, 2007, 06:09:21 PM »
When the front springs wrap the pinion moves down. When the rear springs wrap the pinion points up. I think thats right?

my favorite places:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Dec 13, 2007, 11:50:35 PM »
When the front springs wrap the pinion moves down. When the rear springs wrap the pinion points up. I think thats right?

So it should be on the front of BOTH? No difference in front/rear?  :headscratch:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Dec 14, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »
:headscratch:

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:37:36 PM »
Well I know for fact the rear goes up. I need an antiwrap bar with my current setup. I'm not shure about the front though. Dang it , now I'm gonna have to tie off to the telephone pole in my yard and do slow a motion burnout, get out and look to see. Ha ha! :burnout:  :smack:

my favorite places:

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 14, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
:yikes:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »
Well I know for fact the rear goes up. I need an antiwrap bar with my current setup. I'm not shure about the front though. Dang it , now I'm gonna have to tie off to the telephone pole in my yard and do slow a motion burnout, get out and look to see. Ha ha! :burnout:  :smack:

Well, if the rear goes up, it makes sense that the front goes down as they're opposite... basically. If the pinion on the front were the other direction, i.e. facing forward, it would spin up. So, based on that logic, it would spin down as it sits (facing the t-case). Makes sense to me, but I'm not sure if I'm wording it right. I get what you're saying, though, Michael.

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »
You catch on to quick. I was kinda looking foward to doing a burnout in the driveway, to show ya. Its prolly for the best though with New Years just a few weeks away I don't want to break.  :attention:

my favorite places:

Jordan7118 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since May '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2007, 02:04:52 PM »
You catch on to quick. I was kinda looking foward to doing a burnout in the driveway, to show ya. Its prolly for the best though with New Years just a few weeks away I don't want to break.  :attention:
Ahaha! You can break just about anything! :)

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »
Ahaha! You can break just about anything! :)

:acclaim:  :disturbed:

my favorite places: