Poll

whats the next step

keep the runner
2nd gen extra cab/first gen bed

Author Topic: The Eighty-Sixed Runner  (Read 261681 times)

Doof

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
so i just came in from working on my DL

what im going to do is heat up the outter square and pound it in so it eliminates the slop

so i was ten seconds deep into the heating process when i ran out of oxy... its weak

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
can you get it filled or are you broke?

EDIT: MY 1500TH POST :woohoo:
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2008, 12:42:03 PM by NORCALToy »
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
im broke as a joke... but i went to my GF's and used her dads tanks and got it good to go. i just need to get it to slip and bolt her back up

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -184
  • Male Posts: 1,010
  • Member since Jul '07
  • Full throttle Rollin steady
    • View Profile
im broke as a joke... but i went to my GF's and used her dads tanks and got it good to go. i just need to get it to slip and bolt her back up
you bent the sides in with the inner tube in didnt u ? couse if not your in for a hell-of a time

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
the inner was in when i bent the outer

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
so pretty much.... welding body sheet metal fully sucks before you can dial in the welder

Sluice Box Hero

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -114
  • Male Posts: 637
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Tell your mom hi, and thank her for last night
    • View Profile
its funny to me reading all the problems you are having because ive been there.  although i had 5.13 diff gears in the beginning, the first time i went to the con was with no tcase gears and stock D44 shafts and u joints (actually the only time i didnt break anything at the con), trick to the single case is tofully forget you even have a clutch. start it in gear and go until it either boggs out and dies, then start it in gear again, or you are at camp.  the cooler the clutch is the less it will slip, so not using it is the best thing you can do for yourself.  next time i went i had the 4.7 gear set and broke an axle, next time i have chromos and CTMs, broke the motor mounts, next 5 times out i broke 5 axle shafts, then i had one trip without breaking anything.  then i bought the dual adapter and broke EVERYTHING (MC08).

now for another tcase rant:
[tcase rant on/]

coming from someone who has been there, the single 4.7 gear set is the FIRST thing you should invenst in, even if you have another case sitting around).  although the initial cost is the same, the ONLY cost when going with the gears is the gear set itself.  nothing else needs to be modified and you have relativly the same ratio when you are done.  currently you are so under geared that you do not need the single case option when wheeling.  further more when you do have the money to go with dual cases you wll have the ultimates.  the poll at the top is wrong in my opinion only because i have been there and done that.  took me one day to unbolt my tcase, gear it, and reinstall with no other mods.

[tcase rant off/]

also, if you need some f150 leafs i have a few sets out here that are all taken apart.  come out to the myers donations only pick n pull and see what you can find, lots of :pokinit: ive taken off my truck and put in the scrap bin that are still good parts to someone.

ill be getting that runner from you hopefully next weekend if you dont mind.

Callen

"You know that feeling right after you take a huge dump? . . . . Awesome"
-Cartman

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
in that poll at the top i voted for the 4.7s for basically those reasons. its geared down and basically a dual case with out a 2nd stick, and when i did get an adapter i already have the ultimate ready to go without extra hassle

but ill get that 88 cleaned up and moved to the driveway so its super easy to get loaded up and what not
this coming weekend of the one after the 4th?

ill prob hit you up on that pile of extras after the trip and i get really fed up with the blocks and hangin up on my shocks in the rear if i even feel it

but ill keep that :pokinit: in mind about the clutch and what not.im stoked on the trip, i cant wait. hopefully itll be the last one with stock case and or axle gears. i just hope i dont destroy my clutch on this trip... only one way to find out haha

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
might order my 5.29s this weekend... depends on if the 88 gets picked up this weekend or not and some early b-day scrilla from the parents

:crossed: god knows i need gears and con would be a lot better with gears

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
when you hittin the con?

and whats happening to the 88?
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
when you hittin the con?

and whats happening to the 88?

3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and coming home on the 7th

the 88 is going back home to become baller

so if all goes well ill have my gears tuesday, or weds for sure and leave thursday to go hammer em haha

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile

so if all goes well ill have my gears tuesday, or weds for sure and leave thursday to go hammer em haha

I personally wouldnt wheel on the gears till they had more miles on them...but thats me.

Youre actually going to stay on the trail that long?
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer

going home to become baler? whose home and whose ballifying it?

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
not you :rofl:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Sluice Box Hero

• My mom says im special
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -114
  • Male Posts: 637
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Tell your mom hi, and thank her for last night
    • View Profile
im getting it back and its going to a buddy of mine to get the treatment.  D44/14 4 linked front and rear on 42s, dual ultimate blah blah blah, then its getting the D60 front along with a 5.0 HO C6/ 203/205 .  might take some time, but im sure it will be sick.

i think the plan is saturady AJ.  got the money for sure, but might have to leave the runner for a lil while if that cool.

Callen
"You know that feeling right after you take a huge dump? . . . . Awesome"
-Cartman

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
I personally wouldnt wheel on the gears till they had more miles on them...but thats me.

thats what im feelin also. but everything ive read, it says run 15-20 miles let cool and at 500 miles change the gear oil

so idk. gears would be tits, but im also thinking that instead of blowing a chunk of change on gears right now i should focus on the bills and a job... hopefully tomorrow ill get a job again. so keep the :crossed: again...

thinkin so... roll in thurs and out monday. but im campin at the box at least one or two nights. also if i stay that a long i will go on a hike and get some good scenic shoots with the cam and maybe a bitchin shot or two of the box from a ways away

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
thats what im feelin also. but everything ive read, it says run 15-20 miles let cool and at 500 miles change the gear oil

so idk. gears would be tits, but im also thinking that instead of blowing a chunk of change on gears right now i should focus on the bills and a job... hopefully tomorrow ill get a job again. so keep the :crossed: again...

thinkin so... roll in thurs and out monday. but im campin at the box at least one or two nights. also if i stay that a long i will go on a hike and get some good scenic shoots with the cam and maybe a bitchin shot or two of the box from a ways away

Why dont you just roll with me friday at 1 and then camp at the box fri night. Im not taking chris anymore so ill be alone and i dont necessarily want to be alone at all. With a passenger its cool but rolling alone with no oknw i know isnt tight. callen said hes going to go to the sprinfs or something on sat and then go back out thru loon lake.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
tricks up my sleeve....

:qtip: :willynilly: :shhh: :wakos: :wiggle: :hyper: :whistle: :afro:

with good updates also

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
tricks up my sleeve....

:qtip: :willynilly: :shhh: :wakos: :wiggle: :hyper: :whistle: :afro:

with good updates also

:popcorn:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

ontherocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 983
  • Member since Jul '07
  • ECV-711
    • View Profile
yo dude, im gonna come take a look at that engine this week and prob. buy it.
4.7 t-case, welded rear, 33s, sr5 buckits, sas sooner than later. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=74399.0

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
yo dude, im gonna come take a look at that engine this week and prob. buy it.

i roll out thursday for the con and dont get back till monday

you have my number....

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
getting ready to roll out to the con... ill post updates with pics of updates and wheelin trip... so peace out yall

ontherocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 983
  • Member since Jul '07
  • ECV-711
    • View Profile
go AJ!
4.7 t-case, welded rear, 33s, sr5 buckits, sas sooner than later. http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=74399.0

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
duals will be here

pending sale of the 86 motor :crossed:

Goose

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 1,029
  • Member since Mar '07
  • >>Goose maN<<
    • View Profile
So you gonna have those duals in for marlins rubicon run?
Baller Status: Coming Soon To A Toyota Near You!...   :afro:

My Life Is A Very Complicated Drinking Game... -Me

90 ext. cab v6, SAS'd, 37's

94 4runner -work in progress

www.slagfactory.com

My Buildups:
'90 ext. cab
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=38260.new#new
'94 4Runner
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=53882.new#new

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
he better or hes getting a kick to the nuts couse im sick of smelling his clutch and him not being up to full potential.

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
he better or hes getting a kick to the nuts couse im sick of smelling his clutch and him not being up to full potential.

DOES HE NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE? :D

you know you can be in 4low and hold your brake til it idles to like 250 and it wont kill your engine right? you dont really need that clutch :gap:
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile

you know you can be in 4low and hold your brake til it idles to like 250 and it wont kill your engine right? you dont really need that clutch :gap:

I can do that in 2 hi
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

-Matt-

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile

ya, but if your stock geared and doing up a bolder field your cant do that. and believe me i know all about not using your clutch. but its different with ajs rig ill have to post some videos of his clutch burnage some time when i get my stuff together.  :ha_ha:

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
my clutch is unique. its easy around town, but when i need to crawl and do legit tricky :pokinit: its worthless. my rig is worthless, its hard as flopp to drive and honestly, when other ppl drive it for even ten minutes, come back and tell me... dude what the flopp, that was intense... not because it was easy, but because you have to mash to get anywhere. i deserve a little freakin' slack. i know its not the best anything but flopp me for trying right? there is no idle for me. its mash or stall. very little in between. and for what im working with i think im doing a damn good job. i try :pokinit:, i dont just build and throw money into this thing to drive past it wishing. if i want to hit something i at least try it. i know i will prob get denied, but at least i freakin' tried.

jesus