Poll

whats the next step

keep the runner
2nd gen extra cab/first gen bed

Author Topic: The Eighty-Sixed Runner  (Read 261522 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Nice  :gap:

Going to have to weld my dif armor on before I go, wasnt sure if I was going to get to it but if you did that to your axle I want to make sure mine is as stout as I can get it....only 4 more days before I head up the hill, im freakin' excited  :woohoo:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
ok now the question is: silly can you please take a few pics of your bumper from the abck and side and such? only two pics on here and not so great...
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
your post 1614 is funny. it reminds me exactly of myself 2 years ago. my truck was real nice back then. i went to fordyce and had all the same damages done to my truck. diff/tail light/bed corner/shocks/etc... it should be in my build. after that i started to care less. now my pile of hell is trashed...... oh well..... anyways whats going on with this 3rz buisness?

-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

Doof [OP]

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
what kinda rear bumper do you have? i dont remember if you made that one...

just some rectangle tube that i had laying around, it was pretty chill until the mounts bent and now it just sits retarded
Nice  :gap:

Going to have to weld my dif armor on before I go, wasnt sure if I was going to get to it but if you did that to your axle I want to make sure mine is as stout as I can get it....only 4 more days before I head up the hill, im freakin' excited  :woohoo:

yeah i didnt know i did that until yesterday when i was going to swap my rear 3rd so im not spooled anymore, idk why i looked up front but i did and about :pokinit: myself
ok now the question is: silly can you please take a few pics of your bumper from the abck and side and such? only two pics on here and not so great...

yea when i take it off ill make it like a playboy shoot
your post 1614 is funny. it reminds me exactly of myself 2 years ago. my truck was real nice back then. i went to fordyce and had all the same damages done to my truck. diff/tail light/bed corner/shocks/etc... it should be in my build. after that i started to care less. now my pile of hell is trashed...... oh well..... anyways whats going on with this 3rz business?

pile of hell.. hahaha thats great

3rz shenanigans is like such...

after doing a motor swap and getting it running in one day i was tired. started it, sounded like a monkey trying to screw a knife. horrible, turned out the timing chain guide was shattered so the next day i pulled the front of the motor apart and a long hours later with the help of buddy an a :pokinit: ton of stress later i got the motor back together, started but needed to be timed badly. keep in mine that was done in a two and a half day span started the Monday before the trip departure on Friday. little bull things here and there but finally it was good to go. left town with 3/4 tank of gas, made it to grassvalley with 1/2 a tank and going up 20 outside of GV my gas just went to :pokinit: housed bums. by the time we got to the little rainbow store or whatever it is maybe 10-15 miles up the road i was at a 1/4 tank of gas, no gas leaks or anything of the sort. just a new oil leak. not stoked at this point. said flopp it and kept rolling. after the long steep downhill on 20, you cross the meadow and start the uphill the last leg to 80, i was pulling 2nd gear many times. no power, it was bull :pokinit:. jump to the trail head at eagle lakes exit, the first rock face we come up to. take what looks like a decent line
 turns out to me roasting my clutch and getting a few tips on how to actually do what i needed to be doing with the feet and pedal sex fest. so im locked front and rear, with stock gears and a motor with more power then the one i had in before. cant spin or begin to break a tire loose to save my life. it was weak. dealt with :pokinit: like that all weekend and jump to going home now. just pulled off 80 onto 20 and going through the meadow. 4th gear pinned on Buddy's ass trying to keep momentum for the long uphill at a retarded steep angle, i drop it into 3rd before the first turn, and by the end of the turn i have to drop into 2nd. to i was pulling 2nd and 3rd the while time going up that trick of a hill.

so long story summed up, the 3Roz is in need of much wanted power with low end torque will help with wheelin. and by the time i get a 3rz ill have 5.29's and such and maybe cases for shits. and maybe a heart attack if i keep eating bacon the way i do with eggs fried in the grease with cheese on a wheat roll that i just finished eating and now i feel like hell... but it was very tasty

:beerchug:

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
nice novel dude...

sounds like you got a plan, i thionk if you get gears and or cases youll be better off powerwise and may not yet need a 3rz.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
gears would prob take care of it, but the power of a 3rz :drool:

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
ya dude, you just need diff gears. sounds like my truck when i even had 4.88s, but it i do have the 3.0. i think if you throw gears in the diff its going to make the tranny a lot happier and you will see the power again.
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
more than likely yea... im selling what i can to get $ and half ass looking for a job

THK Matt

• 96ZJ v8
  • Turtle Points: -415
  • Male Posts: 4,823
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a drink
hows your clutch? just a thought.... that sounds like your glazing your clutch and its bout toast.

but gears will definately help willy.
2007 GMC Yukon SLT Daily
5.3L V8, 3.5in Lift, 33X10.5R18 Toyo MTs, Vision Rocker 18x9s powdercoated Mountain Blue Transparent over Speedboat Aluminum

2010 Chevy Tahoe LT Wife's Daily
5.3L V8, 6in Lift, 35s, AMP power steps

2016 Ford F250 XLT CCLB Work/Business Truck
6.2L V8

2001 Ford F350 Lariat CCLB Work/Business Truck
7.3L Powerstroke w/ Banks Turbo

Instagram @ taytershubby13

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
rubicon on the 4th checklist:

finish fender trim
paint doors
fix DL slop
/\ shock
cut down blocks
rock lights
rotate tires
check fluids

thats it for now

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Sweet are you going with Travis to the con? He called me and asked if I wanted to go but I have already put a ton of money into this fordyce trip and my gf works at a busy mexican restaurant so its really hard for her to get weekends off, it was quite an effort just to get this upcoming weekend off. Should be fun though  :yesnod:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
yea i am... im rolling out of chico with clown and lil buddy on the 3rd, i wouldnt be able to stay at the con for a week. it would get old fast

sucks you wont be able to make it

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
yea i am... im rolling out of chico with clown and lil buddy on the 3rd, i wouldnt be able to stay at the con for a week. it would get old fast

sucks you wont be able to make it

Ahh well. I will be at MCR this year so at least I will get to go once this year

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
hows your clutch? just a thought.... that sounds like your glazing your clutch and its bout toast.

but gears will definately help willy.

if he was glazing his clutch then the motor would rev like crazy and he wouldn't go anywhere.  just sounds like what everyone else said with the diff gears.  it will help a ton.

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
yea, i get the R's up and when i let the clutch out you can hear it bog hardcore

shits weak

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
Damn I'm soo down to roll back to the Con for the 4th but I have my great gmas 90th bday party on the 5th. I will be back up there for MCR, you goin for that?
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

95toyrunner

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -124
  • Male Posts: 705
  • Member since Jun '07
  • Whaaaaaaaaaaa?!
    • View Profile
i must have missed it some where in your huge thread but what springs are you running? BTW, awsome runner.
1995 toyota 4runner, sr5, 5" sas, ome 863 coils, extended links, 37" MT/r's, 4.88's
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=51430.0 SOLD

1996 Toyota Tacoma ex-2wd, 2rz, 3link 14"FOAs, dual ultimate cases, chevy rear, 37" MT/r's, 4.88's
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=91724.0 SOLD

2001 Taco Dcab, king coilovers, 4.56 gears, detroit, 33's, SOLD

1999 Taco extracab, 3.4 5 speed, sas'd on one tons, 37" km2's, spooled front, detroit rear, bobbed, tirecarrier, hydro asist, high steer. SOLD

2005 4runner, sway-a-way coilovers, all pro rear 3.5 springs, 285 ko2's on method NVs SOLD

2016 4unner Trail, Icon stage 6, 285/75 Toyo's, full armor

88 4runner SAS, 37's, duals, etc

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
Damn I'm soo down to roll back to the Con for the 4th but I have my great gmas 90th bday party on the 5th. I will be back up there for MCR, you goin for that?

thats weak... yea im going to try to be there with at least gears... we will see what happens for my bday in july and what $ i can scrape up between here and then... hopefully ill have gears and cases by then :crossed:

i must have missed it some where in your huge thread but what springs are you running? BTW, awsome runner.

lol no worries. marlin 4" upfront that are starting to break in and now they are baller and super stoked on it. and some pile of crap f150's in the rear. no arch so they suck. im looking to get some new rear springs here sooner or later so i can ditch the lift blocks and run some piviot's

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
wacha gonna get?

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
idk, we'll see

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
you thinkin chev springs or a company lifted leaves?

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
you thinkin chev springs or a company lifted leaves?

prob another set of 150's....depends on how i feel when i go spring hunting

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
didnt you say you hated em?

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
the ones i have right now... they never had much arch to begin with

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i see. what did you pull em off? year, 2x or 4x4, etc

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
Don't go chevies, you will hang up on the hangers and shackles all the time.
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
Dude, take a rear chevy leaf and put it in with those 150's.  will lift it a little and won't be to stiff.  thats what i would do.

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
im looking to get rid of the blocks all together. so thats about 3" of drop, and i need to compensate somehow so im not leanin like a cho-lo where ever i go and have to hack my fenders more than i already did yesterday and today

ill take a crack at the chev's and see what that'll do

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
got any recent pics of your truck?

Doof [OP]

• Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
nothing new from the last pic... but ill post it again

jk, photobucket is all up and :bumpinbutts: