Author Topic: i dont know if i should buy this? 1991 sas runner  (Read 8024 times)

bajabooster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
yea i seen that runner i love it but he lives way to far away...ill drive if its close like cali,colorado navada or AZ

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
Infernal, this has the Disgrace & your Fontuky fab threads all over it  :headscratch: Did you have something to do with this rig  :gap:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,003
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
cool thanks guys i see why....why do i want a solid axel? same reason anybody would its a must for articulation and a locker, you snap axels left and right with ifs with a locker .
  I realize why somebody would want an SAS...just curious why you would?  If you have the size tire you were looking at (the runner you were checkin' out) you will still break axle's left and right with a toy solid axle (if they are stock birfields).  Good choice on not wanting it anymore (if it is even for sale anymore)...I'm checkin' out some of the forums looking for a runner for you...hopefully somethin' pops up close to NM.   :beerchug:
He who dies with the most toys...still dies.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
u know the saying good things come to those who wait? well, its definitely true in this regard....hold out for the best possible truck and you will be happy.....buyers remorse is a pregnant dog. good luck baja
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
u know the saying good things come to those who wait? well, its definitely true in this regard....hold out for the best possible truck and you will be happy.....buyers remorse is a pregnant dog. good luck baja
  :yesnod:

bajabooster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
thanks 89toy for lookin for me...but im gonna try to get this one shiped over to me do you guys think this one is a good deal?... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593532

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
thanks 89toy for lookin for me...but im gonna try to get this one shiped over to me do you guys think this one is a good deal?... http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593532
now you got it....the price still seems a bit high but you can probably talk him down some  :biggthumpup:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
seriously...I think yes...did you notice he dropped the price?  6500...seems good to me...you can always add a front locker later.  You dead set on the 2nd gen body style?

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
If your not dead set on that body style... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36054.0  I was going to try and buy this one if my truck would ever sell.  Both are in NC  :dunno:

bajabooster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
im not dead set i just like the 2nd gens and his is clean i like that 85 but still your so far away too...really clean interior though

bajabooster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
remeber guys im in new mexico,,

89toy

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Apr '07
    • View Profile
remeber guys im in new mexico,,
  thought you were going to ship...nevermind...back to my drawing board.   :outtahere:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
the link from pirate looks like a well built rig.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile

Not worth it.  It's not even locked in the fron and has a 3.0.

bajabooster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
i like the power from the v6..2nd gen runner go for that much stock from what i see here in new mexico..

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Yeah man I would recommend looking at the classifieds on here and on pirate4x4.com. For that price you can get a well built, quality truck. That thing is just a disaster waiting to happen. Even with a toyota solid axle as soon as you took that 4runner out on the trail you would bust your front end in minutes. Steering, axleshafts, birfs, that 4runner has way too many weak links. Buy a trail rig or a stocker and build it up yourself. That thing is not worth the time or the effort. its a piece of crap.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

bajabooster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
thanks for all the help...im really diggin the runner from NC on pirate

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
i like the power from the v6..2nd gen runner go for that much stock from what i see here in new mexico..

Don't count on a huge amount of power from the 3.0 v6.  Its an ok motor, but if you're looking for v6 power, you should look for a 4.3 swap, or a 3.4 swap.  I'd guess a 22re would struggle in a runner, due to the extra weight over a pickup, but that 6 is more like a strong 4 cyl.  Not to mention they are EXTREMELY finicky when it comes to heat.  If  you take care of it though, the 3.0 will last. You can't be bombing it though mud or anything though, that'll kill it quick.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

AK_yota

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 5
  • Member since Nov '07
    • View Profile
thats just a show truck with all the shocks and chrome
1990 4runner needing SAS