Author Topic: Organized and Officially approved PROTEST!(with pics)  (Read 9510 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Organized and Officially approved PROTEST!(with pics)
« on: Aug 10, 2007, 09:07:23 AM »
This is officially approved. Marlon from the PBB is organizing this protest and has gotten the approval and licenses/whatever he needs.  Let's make this work guys... and he's trying to raise $400 to cover the fees..... Come awn Cali folks!!! Let's keep our trails open!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OHV Rally and Protest at the Placerville Fairgrounds
Sunday August 26th Noon to 7:00PM

I've done all the front end work with the police department, insurance companies, the fairgrounds and creating a protest plan. I survived the red-tape and now its up to you. This event is only $500.00 away from happening. I'm putting $100.00 in the pot. That leaves us $400.00 short. A few have posted they were good for $100.00 each. Its time to put you're money where your mouth is. Details of the event costs are listed below. I have no intention of making anything on this. I just want to cover the costs. When we get to the total needed I'll post 'FULLY FUNDED' and remove the below email/paypal address from this thread. If money does come in beyond our needs it will go to the Cantina for the con.

ohvprotestfunding@yahoo.com This is the address to send money to me via paypal.

Why protest...why give????

The loss of 1200 + miles of roads and trail should be enough to motivate everyone in the OHV community. I think it is time for a public protest of the Eldorado National Forest Service. Not protesting would say we don't care and god only knows what would happen next. So...this is a call to action. Get up off the couch, build a protest sign and for just 1/2 a day Sunday August 26 between 12:00 and 7:00, go to the Placerville fairgrounds. We'll direct you from there. Its time to make an effort and fight for our rights. We're just asking for 3 hours of your time. The time is now!! SPREAD THE WORD!!

Event details:

This event will not be a band of red-necks running amuck in Placerville. If that's your plan stay home. It will be structured and organized and done within the laws and the "Protest plan" I submitted to the police department. The good news is we are approved to protest in very visable locations...overpasses etc. Individuals must come to the fairgrounds first, get instructions on where and how to properly protest, then they will get a hand stamp before they begin to protest. Everyone must have a stamp. Then they will be sent out in groups of 10 to 20 to work specific intersections/locations. A lead for each group will have "Base" communications to me via his/her and my cell phone. Make your own protest signs at home...details on this to follow on this thread for slogans etc.

Absolutely no drinking during this protest. Don't bring it to the fairgrounds either.

I ask each person to spend 2-3 hours protesting. We need 250 + people, but have room at the fairgrounds for much more. There are no entrance fees and parking is $4.00 per car at the fairgrounds. There will not be food or drinks available at the fairgrounds...maybe some bottled water depending on funding so prepare accordingly. We'll have a petition to sign and letters (For the DEIS) that people can submit to the FS.

Here are the details on costs:

Fairgrounds:
Back lawn $210.00
Insurance $125.00
Stage $ 70.00
PA sysetm $ 50.00
Taxes...???

Additional expenses:
Bottled water and Ice: 50.00 - 100.00 anyone willing to do this???
Signs/lumber/pens/poster board: We'll need some back up signs???
Flyers...a link is posted below with a flyer that can be downloaded. I'd like to print and hand them out in advance. Need help!!

I need volunteer help too. Call/email me.

Flyer link here. MS WORD doc: http://www.calcreepers.com/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=12203 This is very basic and could be better. Its a start.

To communicate with me:

Marlon Allen
916-717-4316 10:00AM - 8:00PM please.
go2camp@comcast.net
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2007, 09:24:24 PM by BLINGN XJ »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2205
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
This is a great idea, unfortunately I will be at Ershim lake by then.....
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
This is a great idea, unfortunately I will be at Ershim lake by then.....

We need at least 250 people ...... elect someone :gap:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Like said before this needs to be huge!!

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 313
  • Member since Jul '07
  • This line intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
Sorry I wont be their by then... But ill be cheering everyone that goes on and making my cont. via paypal!  :clap2:

For all those that don't live in the area remember these may not be your trails but your might be next. Fighting the Greene's is NOT a local battle. Its a nation wide battle and need to be fought by all who enjoy our public lands. ATV, Dirtbikes, 4x4, snowmobiles everyone.

Do as much as you can wether its a dontation joining a group cleaning and repairing trails. be smart.

:soapbox: sorry as a dirtbiking, mountain biking, 4x4 enthusiast Loosing land to the tree huggers has busted all my buttons!
If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

88 xtra cab sas'd dual cases flatbed

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Sorry I wont be their by then... But ill be cheering everyone that goes on and making my cont. via paypal!  :clap2:

For all those that don't live in the area remember these may not be your trails but your might be next. Fighting the Greene's is NOT a local battle. Its a nation wide battle and need to be fought by all who enjoy our public lands. ATV, Dirtbikes, 4x4, snowmobiles everyone.

Do as much as you can wether its a dontation joining a group cleaning and repairing trails. be smart.

very good point thank you very much!!

:soapbox: sorry as a dirtbiking, mountain biking, 4x4 enthusiast Loosing land to the tree huggers has busted all my buttons!

very good point thank you very much!!

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
anyone that needs more detail on this please pm me or FFC.  It needs to be a huge turnout or it could be a slap in OHV face.  Also it is going to be very organized it is going to be :beer: free and please I am asking anyone in the nor cal or any cal area to help.  If this is done right with the right publicity it will help.  I am trying to get a hook up I know form the sac bee show up.  COME ON make this happen.  I know MCR is coming up and we all have alot to do on our rigs.  It is also wheelin season but man it is going to be on sunday shoot bring your rigs by after your wheelin trip and drop by.  Just even give 2 hours of your time.  Thanks again Matt H.

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
evey one on the west coast get yo :moon: in gear :whip:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Even us on the east coast that go out to enjoy the trails can help by donating whatever we can afford to this great cause.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
FFC and I have also met Marlon.  He is a real good stand up guy with great ideas.  He is in it for all the right reasons.  I was unsure about the protest at first but after meeting him and discussing what his ideas are I am 100 % on his side.  Here is his info if you have any doubts or questions about this well organized protest.

Marlon Allen
916-717-4316 10:00AM - 8:00PM please.
go2camp@comcast.net

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
This needs to be a big, MATURE turnout. UNITE is the majic word.  We need to get a LOT of people who love and enjoy our trails to get out there and hold up signs.  There will be ground rules.  IF and WHEN the media shows up, we HAVE to be on our best behavior.  One outburst of "F the Forest Service" played on TV, and all of Marlon's and everyone else's efforts have been in vain.  We DO want to have the media there, so we need to go with clear and level heads.  Not a bunch of ranting cussin rednecks...

> Check in at the check-in station... if you don't get a hand stamp, you can get in trouble for being out there.. and get the rest of the group in trouble.
>NO Alcohol
>NO obscene gestures or language

Those are the 3 biggest rules.

Now, we need to get some people to go with us.  As stated before, EL DORADO FOREST IS BEING USED AS AN EXAMPLE!!! Once the case is over with El Dorado, they're going to move on to the rest of the CA forests.  I've been talking with Amy (UglyJeepThing) on PBB.  She's been going to the meetings for most of the CA forests, trying to keep them open too.  She says it's a never ending fight, but if we have a good outcome from the Eldo Forest, then there's hope for the rest of the state. 

IF El Dorado Forest gets closed as they want to close it, then that will give the system more leeway to put time restraints and more laws on our trails.  THINK ABOUT THIS!!! Do you want to go on a wheelin trip with 800 other rigs on a holiday weekend, only to be told you can't wheel past sundown????? I sure as hell don't!!

Anyone who can make it as far as sac.... we have 3 seats available... and if it comes down to it, we can take as many as 7 people (a little cramped in the Ranger, but I'll cough up the wheels if you can make it to South Sac).  This is big.. and if the turnout is as big as we're hoping for, it MIGHT make an impact on the rest of the people out there who don't even know about this.  All it takes is a 20 second clip on CBS, NBC, Fox 40, whatever... and thousands... THOUSANDS of people are alerted about what's going on.

Come on California!  If we have made the sacrifices and busted our butts to go to MCR, we can make it to this :thumbs:

nor-cal zukini

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 28
  • Member since Oct '06
  • It's a dog eat dog world & I wear milkbone underwear
    • View Profile
The goal of funding the fairgrounds usage has been met. No more money's needed. Now it's time to get together with as many people to protest as posible. Make sign's, banner's, pass out flyer's.

Marlon is a personal friend of mine and I can say that he is a very outstanding person that has everyone's best interest at heart.

So let's keep this ball rolling and everyone that can posibly show up for this event Please do so!!! Our future in this sport depends on everyone!
calcreepers.com

Misfit4Runner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 313
  • Member since Jul '07
  • This line intentionally left blank
    • View Profile
Even us on the east coast that go out to enjoy the trails can help by donating whatever we can afford to this great cause.
Thats what I'm saying this ain't local its national and it pertains to everyone!
If you dont stand behind our troops, Please feel free to stand in front of them.

88 xtra cab sas'd dual cases flatbed

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
THERE IS ALMOST 100 HITS ON THIS THREAD.  IF YOU TRUELY CARE ABOUT WHEELIN POST UP!  GET INVOLVED

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
When are you going to head up there?
I like to Drive!

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
 Where are all the other nor cal 4wheelers? I've checked and we do have some here and that are close. Are u guys hitting him up on Pirate?
Here is what I sent Marlon

It was awesome to meet you at the letter meeting.  I am here to help.  tell me what I can physically do.  I am going to hand out flyers to buisness's I want to do more.  I am a tool use me!!!
Matt Harris rockin89xj@yahoo.com

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
When are you going to head up there?

right now it looks like sunday morning wermy. But I have to check with Marlon and see when he needs FFC and I.  Im sure if ya want Hilary and yourself could bunk at our house if you would like. 

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
I have got a reporter from sac bee coming to this.  He is very interested in what is going on, and excited to go.   

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
ive passed out about 12 or so flyers and got this back from one of the managers!!
his response
Cool, I forwarded to the president of our MC club.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
:haha:    You sure are!!  :hahaha:
:beerchug:
It was awesome to meet you at the letter meeting.  I am here to help.  tell me what I can physically do.  I am going to hand out flyers to buisness's I want to do more.  I am a tool use me!!!
Matt Harris rockin89xj@yahoo.com

I'm gonna try to make it, but I've got a lot of stuff on my plate right now  :down:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
http://www.yosemiteoffroad.com/index2.htm

here is the link for the above flyer in case anyone needs to forward it to people
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
http://www.yosemiteoffroad.com/index2.htm

here is the link for the above flyer in case anyone needs to forward it to people

Jimbo the linky worked at work but not at home.  Thanks man :thumbs:

Blingn

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
I have just sent out 37 emails to the media that I got from my Sac Bee contact :woohoo:

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
:yikes:     wow!
I like to Drive!

trevinotrek

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 236
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
already in on this if anyone wants to caravan up it would be cool to have a Long line of rigs in the slow lane all the way up 50.

nick
aint skeerd " watch this" ok so maby it was a littlte to bigto get over .Stop laughing and turn me over

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
I just found out I have to work that weekend because we are behind schedule with the remediation.   :maddest:    :down:
I like to Drive!

nor-cal zukini

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 28
  • Member since Oct '06
  • It's a dog eat dog world & I wear milkbone underwear
    • View Profile
Bring a friend guys, the more the merrier!!!  Next Sunday it's awn!! 
calcreepers.com

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Bring a friend guys, the more the merrier!!!  Next Sunday it's awn!! 

:werd: What he said!!! We have extra seats if anyone wants to meet in Sac and ride up. :thumbs: