Author Topic: i just finished my truck and i have to deploy again  (Read 2085 times)

havik

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 220
  • Male Posts: 737
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i just finished my truck and i have to deploy again
« on: Jul 19, 2007, 03:28:42 AM »
i just recently finished building my 4runner and now i have to go deploy back to the desert. i got home in nov from a 9 mo deployment and i will be gone again before this nov. i hope to be able to hit at least one trail before i have to go. i was supposed to do the miller jeep trail this weekend but from what i hear its canceled. but on the bright side we will be there during the winter season which has a much lower threat and we will be doing convoy security instead of long LONG hauling missions(like last time).
the best part is I am going with my 2 best friends and 3 other great guys. i also still have $2000 of play money for my truck from last time so this next time i should be able to get another $2000 to play with. I am thinking:
crawler gears
tube doors
custom tube front bumper and winch
maybe a mc interior cage
got another 85 runner. build coming soon!!

kiyul4130

• Brown Star Award
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 279
  • Male Posts: 3,265
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Turdburgalin since 1985
    • View Profile
hey thisnka for helping out. i apreciate it a lot. im drunk as hell but my friend tyle is there ightg now. hes  a recon sniper and has been ther for about 4 months now. ive known him for about 7+ years. he got his first kill a few weeks ago. i apreicate everything you guys are doing. ive only seen docs on tv and whats going on. being ther is insane. thank you
-kiyul-
92 1 ton ex cab, marlin dual ultimates, 42 iroks, hydro assist, flat bellied, linked and more...
ECV 7-11

KYOTA FOREVER

mudmaster

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 3715
  • Male Posts: 2,854
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Bummer, keep safe  :usa:
Time to go wheelin!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Go forth, smite our enemies and most of all be safe!
Thank you.
 :usa:
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park

be safe brother 

btw  unless your a small dude i wouldnt use the interior cage
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
take care of urself other there in the sand box man. where are u currently located?
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

Caboose

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 62
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Truth... Justice... Honor...
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
i got a few friends over there right now. :usa:  i hope in the winter its cooler than it is right now *cough* 128 :maddest: *cough* *pass out of heat stroke*

:wave: be safe man.
"Who let the jeeps come?
Easy... easy..." -2 people on the CB

81 Toy Pickup SR5
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=35701.0

Daily Driver: 96 Dodge Ram 2nd DD/Tow Rig

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

havik [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
thank you all
79coyote; I am not a big dude and i had a interior in my 1st gen truck which was smaller than my 2nd. i was used to it but when other people got in they always hit their knee on the down bars. cant help but laugh a little.
and i don't get to wheel enough to do a exo.

red; I am stationed at vandenberg afb. its on the central coast (805) between san louis obispo and Santa barbra

trout; we are going to Afghanistan during the winter. its going to be snowing. but last time i was in Iraq and it hit 130 all the time. it hurt to be out side. serious

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Thanks for everything that your doing. Thanks for the sacrifice your making so that we can live our lives the way that we do. I can't wait to see what you do to your truck when you back. It's looking pretty good from what I have seen.
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

Yota Up

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -4
  • Member since Feb '06
    • View Profile
havik:  What do you think about running the Rubicon in early September?  I'll have the Loon Lake Chalet rented out for Sunday and Monday night, so if by chance you're finishing it on Sundau - you would have a nice warm cozy place in my cabin if you'd like.  I'd be honored to BBQ you up some steak and shove a few cold ones down your throat before you go.  It's a nice way to finish the weekend.  Warm running water and all.

God bless you.  PM or email me if you think you might do the Con that late. 9/9 is Sunday.
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2008, 11:23:23 PM by Yota Up »

havik [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
yota up; um hell yes!!
i will pm you to get some more info.
thanks

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
  :respect: :respect: Thanks for all you do and be careful!