Author Topic: buying a vinyl cuting machine  (Read 2780 times)

on the rocks

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 51
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
buying a vinyl cuting machine
« on: Jun 30, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
hey i think I'm going to be buying a sticker machine. like the ones that cut vinyl stickers. the first stickers I'm making will be,
"don't fallow me you wont make it!"
"I know a short cut!"
"get a lift.....fat chicks cant jump"
"no fat chicks my tires will rub!"
"leave your chrome at home"
 and all types of club/crew names but then ill be making whatever the people want, the machine is cheap its like $3k i think. so let me know if you think thats a good idea. ill be charging half what those D-bags at the mall charge, cuz vinyl doest cost that much either(any color).
haters stay home!

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
Re: buying a vinyl cuting machine
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »
Now dont take this the wrong way but isnt that $3000.00 you could spend on yer truck ???  :dunno: if ya got the cash and realy wanna do it then more power to ya  :thumbs: and if you can provide the members here some good deals and still make some sort of profit fer yerself then GO FOR IT  :disturbed:

:usa: :beerwhack:
MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2007, 10:08:48 AM »
hey i think I'm going to be buying a sticker machine. like the ones that cut vinyl stickers. the first stickers I'm making will be,
"don't fallow me you wont make it!"

It sounds like a good idea, though I'd be double sure you have the proper spelling and punctuation!  Is this something you're going to try making money with or just a hobby/sideline?  It would be cool to be able to make whatever stickers you want :yupyup:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »
I think you should do it :yesnod: of course, I'm in need of some stickers, thats part of the reason :disturbed:

Is it a money makeing venture, or are you doing it for fun?  :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2007, 11:50:49 AM »
Maybe you can make a deal with Marlin to provide them with new "Got Marlin?" stickers cause they don't have anymore and I lost mine... :(
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2007, 12:10:38 PM »
stickers  :boobs:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

on the rocks [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2007, 12:13:56 PM »
hobby/ sidecash
haters stay home!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2007, 01:32:39 PM »
they already have all those stickers. why not make up some new ones?  :think:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

on the rocks [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »
oh and how much do they cost? cuz no matter what people say i can still make them cheaper.......no matter what! give some new ideas you would want on your rig. cuz one thing you like another might not. and those stickers would sell...... so why not sell em?!?! another one that would sell is student driver(put it on upside down...think about it...) if you have any ideas PM them to me and i will get them drawn up and see what you think, doesnt have to just be sayings it could be pictures like your toyota peeing on somthing or the marlin turtle peeing on something......
haters stay home!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

NT-OUTBACK

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 139
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2007, 03:08:10 PM »
Before you run out and drop $3k on a vinyl cutter make sure you find other "markets" besides novelty window decals.

People are cutting vinyl on every corner these days, it's not enough to able to do it cheaper the machine is going to have to pay for itself sometime and also look at what "your" time is worth designing a decal.

There are hundreds of bulls out there running after the dollars in this business via the web and local. Just look at eBay for decals it's overly saturated. And chances are your local market must of those places have the local market sewed up tight in the high margin areas mainly real estate signs, building signage etc.  

on the rocks [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jul 01, 2007, 12:25:01 AM »
i already make all the signs and banners for the company my dad works for i use their machine and they pay me $20 an hour for my time (part time)....... i have convinced them to upgrade to a new machine that prints actual images onto vinyl. so i will be getting the old machine(a 2005 model and the program) for $1,500 not 3 so.......at some time the machine will pay for itself........and I'm not doing this for a job i have one of those, its to just get  :beerchug:  money. and yeah the "market" is saturated with these like ebay, but you cant buy club stickers off of ebay. i have 7 crews that want stickers right now but i don't have the machine yet and there are, in the 7 crews between 5 and 10 trucks and cars in each. the places around here charge $1 plus a square inch i can charge half because i get my vinyl so cheap. through my work.
haters stay home!

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jul 01, 2007, 12:53:36 AM »
Whats the biggest size you can do?? I want a sticker of my Avatar for my Toyota hood, and where are you located??  :beerchug:

on the rocks [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jul 01, 2007, 01:15:28 AM »
hungry valley, what like 30 inches? i need the picture in original form. so pm me and ill get you my email.
haters stay home!

Loosekannon

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -26
  • Male Posts: 1,301
  • Member since Feb '05
  • SoCal--ROCKBRAWLERS--
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Jul 01, 2007, 01:18:27 AM »
Is it the same email in your profile? I send you the pic in a couple days, can't do it right now. I think 30 would be good.  :beerchug:

on the rocks [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jul 01, 2007, 01:58:04 AM »
yeah same email. send it when you can
haters stay home!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jul 01, 2007, 01:19:53 PM »
but you cant buy club stickers off of ebay. i have 7 crews that want stickers right now but i don't have the machine yet and there are, in the 7 crews between 5 and 10 trucks and cars in each.
now you're thinking! hey i would probably be interested in seeing if we could get some stickers for our informal group (or crew as you call them!) here. I can email you a design?
RIP KYOTA