Author Topic: story from work...  (Read 1368 times)

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
story from work...
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »
 :blah:

A while ago while at work, one of our customers who knows I wheel comes in, and starts asking suspension questions about the springs on his Daily Driver YJ.  He is running 33s and some type of lift, but his springs had gone flat very quickly.  I was asking questions about how he had it set up, and inquired as to his bumpstops.  To which he replied "what do you mean?".  i explained that the purpose of a bumpstop was to keep the spring from going negative, which will kill springs very quickly.  He looks at me, dead serious with a look like i am a moron and says "Why would I want to do that? If I  used those, then the wheel wouldn't stuff as far into the wheelwell."  :headshake: I said yes, but you will save your springs, there is a slight tradeoff.  He totally thought I was dicking with him.  Nobody he knows runs those "bumpstops".  Coincidentally, he just purchased another set of springs. :smack:

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
Re: story from work...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »
:smack:      :haha:

Deep down inside It is kind of funny when your being serious with someone and they think your messing with them.    Especially when they give You the look like your the moron..  :yupyup:

I like to Drive!

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 09:46:22 AM »
Live and Learn!
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 11:38:12 AM »
:headshake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »
just sounds like a typical jeep owner to me :dunno:

:hahaha:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 10:41:17 PM »
:blah:

A while ago while at work, one of our customers who knows I wheel comes in, and starts asking suspension questions about the springs on his Daily Driver YJ.  He is running 33s and some type of lift, but his springs had gone flat very quickly.  I was asking questions about how he had it set up, and inquired as to his bumpstops.  To which he replied "what do you mean?".  i explained that the purpose of a bumpstop was to keep the spring from going negative, which will kill springs very quickly.  He looks at me, dead serious with a look like i am a moron and says "Why would I want to do that? If I  used those, then the wheel wouldn't stuff as far into the wheelwell."  :headshake: I said yes, but you will save your springs, there is a slight tradeoff.  He totally thought I was dicking with him.  Nobody he knows runs those "bumpstops".  Coincidentally, he just purchased another set of springs. :smack:

It's people like this that keep you working, don't complain just sell them a new set with a smile. :rofl2:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you