Author Topic: Global warming alert  (Read 14850 times)

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
Global warming alert
« on: Apr 18, 2007, 12:09:58 PM »
I think this may show the panic in the peeps who believe in this crap.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070418/lf_afp/lifestylewarmingdeath_070418143046
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

fatt_matt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 545
  • Member since Mar '07
  • jeeps and toys can get along
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming alert
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »
crap?!?!?!?!?!!
Jeep

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2007, 04:28:16 PM »
:headshake:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2007, 04:56:10 PM »
crap?!?!?!?!?!!

Yes crap. Man can do a lot of things...changing the weather isn't one of them.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2007, 04:56:57 PM »
:headshake:

What?

It seems I ask you that quite a bit.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2007, 05:01:24 PM »
Oh my, these freaks  :attention: are at it again. Pretty soon they'll be telling us we're not allowed to breath, since our exhaled breath does contain small amounts of C02, and we're increasing our carbon footprint. What a bunch of hooey! I wish these idiots would just shut up about this crap.

Just for the record, I'll post the readers digest version of my opinion. The earth may be getting warmer, but our SUV's are not the cause. It's just a normal fluctuation in the earths rhythm of warming and cooling.

I'll expand on it if anyone really cares.

Erik  :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2007, 05:04:16 PM »
Oh my, these freaks  :attention: are at it again. Pretty soon they'll be telling us we're not allowed to breath, since our exhaled breath does contain small amounts of C02, and we're increasing our carbon footprint. What a bunch of hooey! I wish these idiots would just shut up about this crap.

Just for the record, I'll post the readers digest version of my opinion. The earth may be getting warmer, but our SUV's are not the cause. It's just a normal fluctuation in the earths rhythm of warming and cooling.

Erik  :beerchug:

(panic stricken voice) Bbbbut, if we exhale...won't the trees die?

I'm sure you and I are on the same page...but, expound away my fellow realist.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
Well, since you asked.....

We have only been able to "accuratly" measure temperature for the last 100-150+ years, and really don't know 1/10 of 1% about anything about how the global climate fluctuates. Sure we can take educated guesses based on fosil records, but we don't really know anything. What we do know is that there was a period of time where the earth was **really*** warm, and we know there was at least one ice age. These occured over several million years.

Does anyone really believe that we puny humans have the ability to completly change the earths atmosphere/climate in the last hundred or so years since we've harnessed fossil fuels?

I will not argue the fact that the earth has gotten warmer since we've been able to record temperatures. I do believe it's probably true to some extent (even though there are "experts" who would argue this "fact" as well). What I will argue until I'm blue in the face (excess carbon dioxide) that WE are responsible for it. It is insanely presumptuous on our part to think we have the ability to fix this blip in temperatures by limiting our greenhouse gasses. (Greenhouse gasses are another "scientific" theory that has plenty of very large holes in it, but that is for another rant).

In a nut shell (which is where some would say I belong), The world may be getting somewhat warmer, but we are not responsible for it, nor can we do anything about it. It is just one more fabricated catastrophe that has been drummed up by the enviro-nazi's, in an effort to stop what they percieve as the destruction of the world by us stupid humans. (we're obviously too stupid to understand this ourselves, so therefore we must abdicate to them so they can save us from ourselves).They have managed to create and present enough shakey science that the liberals (think: Gore), who are obligated to follow the latest "group think", feel obligated to run around screaming of the lastest dooms day theory.

It's all BS!

Ok, I feel somewhat better. Thanks for letting me rant!

Erik :beerchug:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »
It's the truth. Not that changing our evil ways is not a good thing, but the changes in our climate is a natural cyclical change and nothing we do is going to stop it.
The climate of the earth is not static, never has been, and what is happenin now has been scientifically documented to show that it happens about every 1500 years.
And they have also scientifically proven that Al Gore is a Chicken Littlest Bozo (it's a technical term)
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »
and while there was the one BIG ice age we have had many small ice ages.... and now...get out your woolies.. another ice age is on the way.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:04:51 PM »
And Germ.. excellent rant I must say.

Where is the Mammoth?

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:06:29 PM »
Thanks Diane! It's good to get that kinda stuff off your chest once in a while. Wheew I feel better. (but I didn't exhale, don't want to kill any trees!)

Erik

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #12 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:07:13 PM »
Global Warming is real! and it's all my fault! would you like me to stop it?

Well just send me $5.00 and maybe if enough of you care I'll stop doing what I'm doing and solve the Global Warming crisis.
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:10:17 PM »
Thanks Diane! It's good to get that kinda stuff off your chest once in a while. Wheew I feel better. (but I didn't exhale, don't want to kill any trees!)

Erik

~MWM exhales~ You mean I can breath again?
Fact is the molten core of the earth is shifting, changing the heating of the surface, the icecapes are shifting and melting because of that, which is causing changes in the salinity of the oceans, and changing of weather patterns.
The warming of the poles will cause a cooling overall eventually...even if we stopped all production of everything that caused CO2 emissions it would not change what is happening.
It is not, yet, the end of the world as we know it. Just a change in the world as we know it.
Nothing stays the same.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:11:05 PM »
Global Warming is real! and it's all my fault! would you like me to stop it?

Well just send me $5.00 and maybe if enough of you care I'll stop doing what I'm doing and solve the Global Warming crisis.

Right... like you'll ever really stop farting!

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:12:19 PM »
Oh.. and has anyone looked into the flipping of the magnetic poles..? That happens too and we are overdue.

Where is the Mammoth?

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #16 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:16:20 PM »
Right... like you'll ever really stop farting!

If enough ppl send me $5.00 I'll put a catalytic converter on my  :moon:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #17 on: Apr 18, 2007, 08:05:30 PM »
:fart:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2007, 08:45:08 PM »
If enough ppl send me $5.00 I'll put a catalytic converter on my  :moon:

After the install you would still fail emissions requirements. You need a new EGR valve too.
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:38:24 PM »
And Germ.. excellent rant I must say.

X2
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

speedemon

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Male Posts: 267
  • Member since Nov '05
  • When's winter?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Apr 18, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »
Bbbbut, if we exhale...won't the trees die?

actually exhaling saves the trees.  trees breathe carbon dioxide, which we exhale, and turn it back to oxygen.

edit: f global warming
2002 Tacoma sold
'84 pickup SOLD!!
'83 pickup will rise again
'86 sas runner DD
'89 runner project (for sale)
F-Toy build in progress

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Apr 19, 2007, 12:03:40 AM »
Oh my, these freaks  :attention: are at it again. Pretty soon they'll be telling us we're not allowed to breath, since our exhaled breath does contain small amounts of C02, and we're increasing our carbon footprint. What a bunch of hooey! I wish these idiots would just shut up about this crap.

Erik  :beerchug:

Just pretend I typed this myself :thumbs:  I'm so damned tired of these close minded ignorant know-it-alls.  And it's been said before, but Al gore has NO DAMN BUSINESS saying ANYTHING about global warming until he's lived in a grass hut for 50 years to reduce his huge footprint.  He's king asshat in my book.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2007, 12:08:27 AM »

And they have also scientifically proven that Al Gore is a Chicken Littlest Bozo (it's a technical term)

Well he can't possibly be that bad, he DID invent the internet, right  ::)

Where's tt for the crazy college tree hugging nut side of this conversation  :whistle:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Apr 19, 2007, 12:18:24 AM »
actually exhaling saves the trees.  trees breathe carbon dioxide, which we exhale, and turn it back to oxygen.

edit: f global warming

I meant to say "If we don't exhale"...I hate it when I try to be funny and I can't even complete a thought.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Apr 19, 2007, 05:21:01 AM »
I personally do not believe we are the sole purpose of GW, i do believe we do make our contrabutions to the polutionized air. Place's like Hong Kong, China, and other third world countries do not have any kind of pollution control messure's. Yes, we are poisening ourselves with our own factories, but NOT warming the planet. Just about 95% of all plant life runs off of CO2, and photosynthesis is the other.... however much i know i am prolly wrong on the numbers.....

I know i might be flagged for this, but thats not my real concern here... i am here to just voice my opinion...

military_stang
:respect:

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 234
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Apr 19, 2007, 08:57:05 AM »
Couple things I'd like to add.

You can find front page news articles from back in the 70's telling us that the world was going into it's next ice age and that we were in serious trouble. Also, you don't here too often about how much crap the earth naturally spits out during natural disasters, especially volcanoes. My sources tell me that though the icecaps are getting smaller in the north, they're actually getting bigger in the South  :yikes: . And lastly,  :psss: we're killing the polar bears and you should all be ashamed of your selfs! We should feel guilty and deserve death for living our pampered american lifestyles.  :screwy:
2007 Tacoma 4x4 6-speed on 35's

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 19, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
What?

It seems I ask you that quite a bit.

Really?  I usually have something to say :gap:

Its things like this that leave me speechless. I am probably right on the same page as most of you (Diane, Germ, you)  and I just can't fathom wrapping my mind over something so stupid.  Man has a pretty high opinion of himself if he really thinks he can really change the earth cycles.

Right now, Earth is habitable by humans.  Millions of years ago, it wasn't due to *gasp* poison gases in the air.  Millions of years from now, it'll be the same again (probably)  the Earth goes through cycles, we're just in one that is advantageous to our breathing habits.  :gap:

Even if we as a race drastically alter our way of life to be more "Green," its not going to affect anything in the long run.
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2007, 03:22:32 PM by BLACKDOG »
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Apr 19, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »
Well, since you asked.....

We have only been able to "accuratly" measure temperature for the last 100-150+ years, and really don't know 1/10 of 1% about anything about how the global climate fluctuates. Sure we can take educated guesses based on fosil records, but we don't really know anything. What we do know is that there was a period of time where the earth was **really*** warm, and we know there was at least one ice age. These occured over several million years.

Does anyone really believe that we puny humans have the ability to completly change the earths atmosphere/climate in the last hundred or so years since we've harnessed fossil fuels?

I will not argue the fact that the earth has gotten warmer since we've been able to record temperatures. I do believe it's probably true to some extent (even though there are "experts" who would argue this "fact" as well). What I will argue until I'm blue in the face (excess carbon dioxide) that WE are responsible for it. It is insanely presumptuous on our part to think we have the ability to fix this blip in temperatures by limiting our greenhouse gasses. (Greenhouse gasses are another "scientific" theory that has plenty of very large holes in it, but that is for another rant).

In a nut shell (which is where some would say I belong), The world may be getting somewhat warmer, but we are not responsible for it, nor can we do anything about it. It is just one more fabricated catastrophe that has been drummed up by the enviro-nazi's, in an effort to stop what they percieve as the destruction of the world by us stupid humans. (we're obviously too stupid to understand this ourselves, so therefore we must abdicate to them so they can save us from ourselves).They have managed to create and present enough shakey science that the liberals (think: Gore), who are obligated to follow the latest "group think", feel obligated to run around screaming of the lastest dooms day theory.

It's all BS!

Ok, I feel somewhat better. Thanks for letting me rant!

Erik :beerchug:

Bravo!!!!!!! :beer: I'm getting tired of hearing crap about people causing GW. I actually closed an account at a credit union because of a lady that worked there, she would always start talking about that and how she doesn't approve of the 4 wheelin that I/ we do. She actually got mad at me because my wife and I own 3 different wehicles. :screwy: Said that we only need one and by having three we were making more polutants than most people.  :headscratch: I can only drive one truck at a time.! :shake:
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2007, 05:05:02 PM »
I smoke, which is contributing to global warming and a whole lot of other things, but I really don't care.

abnormaltoy [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Apr 19, 2007, 05:11:20 PM »
I smoke, which is contributing to global warming and a whole lot of other things, but I really don't care.

I'm fixin' to have a mexican food tv dinner...I'll be emiting some serious green house gases in about an hour!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)