Author Topic: Shooting in Virginia  (Read 14160 times)

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting in Virginia
« Reply #60 on: Apr 17, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »
:attention:  CANADIANS! :psss: second guess UK..
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:03:29 PM »
I was going to pin the blame on...who (besides Islamic wackos) really hates the US (no, not the French) and spends the majority of it's time pointing out all the "faults" America has. Anyone want to hazard a guess?
Al Gore?  Pelosi? :dunno:

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »
Al Gore?  Pelosi? :dunno:

OK I second the motion!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Apr 17, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »
but really, and I am not going to link here but go to any left wing commie pc blogger site.. and they are indeed blaming W

Where is the Mammoth?

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Apr 17, 2007, 07:23:58 PM »
Since this is so close to my home and has affected many people I know personally. I guess the last few posts on here are affecting me differently than other folks on here but instead of going off on your personal rants maybe we should just take the time to morn the losses and remember this folks.  Instead of what this thread is turning into.  Don't mean to piss anyone off just give it a rest for a little while at least.  Thanks

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Apr 17, 2007, 08:37:38 PM »
Since this is so close to my home and has affected many people I know personally. I guess the last few posts on here are affecting me differently than other folks on here but instead of going off on your personal rants maybe we should just take the time to morn the losses and remember this folks.  Instead of what this thread is turning into.  Don't mean to piss anyone off just give it a rest for a little while at least.  Thanks

:lipsrsealed:  you won't hear anymore from me :gap:

Thank you by the way, for sharing the information you have.  I feel for those students, I can't imagine what I'd do if a gunman stormed into one of my classrooms. 

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

Not A Toy

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 322
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Apr 17, 2007, 10:12:18 PM »
 :usa: :lipsrsealed:
_[O!!!!!O]_

People often ask how they stack crap so tall....

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Apr 18, 2007, 04:41:19 PM »
Getting back on subject.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/virginia_tech_shooting;_ylt=AjAaGROLbyiAxdths54F4q2WwvIE

Truly frightening the effort and work this guy put into his plan, and without anyone noticing :rivers:

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:17:02 PM »
I didn't look at the link... did you all hear all the info NBC got? This is incredible that this guy could so badly have fallen through the cracks, but it almost sounds so typical of the PC liberal 'everybody gets a fair shake' mentality.

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
They noticed, but they ignored.

Where is the Mammoth?

rednk1980

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,295
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Pull Your Panties to the side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Apr 18, 2007, 06:26:17 PM »
 did here a story about how three male students baracaded a door to there classroom with a table and stood on the ends of the table keeping the door from coming open, even though the shooter shot through the door no one was hurt in that class because of one guys quick thinking.... and another story about the teacher/professor who stood in the doorway blocking the enterance to his class while his students escaped out the window, he stood there after being shot several times point blank. He even survived the holocaust just to be shot by some psycho who didnt know what to do with him self... ironic?  These men IMO are true heros make the sacrifice of there lives in order to save others. My prayers and condolences go out to all the families of the student who were injured and killed as well as the teachers who were wounded and/or killed, May they all rest in peace.  :usa:  :lipsrsealed:
HOLD ON TIGHT! :driving: :hammerhead:
1983 Toyota SR5 long box bobbed 17" doved 14" bed cage, 22re, w56 tranny, working on dual cases 23 spline 4.70 twin sticks driveline disco. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear disk brakes and ff.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »
I didn't look at the link... did you all hear all the info NBC got? This is incredible that this guy could so badly have fallen through the cracks, but it almost sounds so typical of the PC liberal 'everybody gets a fair shake' mentality.

that is what the link was about.

-Ronald Reagan

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Apr 19, 2007, 08:40:55 PM »
As some of you know I live in a small town in N.Cali

Yuba City... or Marysville... right next to each other.

some idiot decided he'd call all the high schools today and threaten to, and I quote "make the Virginia Tech shooting look like childsplay"  so they put both schools on complete lock down, eventually evacuating the kids once they found out that the suspect was in a different part of town. As rumor has it they cornered him in an apartment complex but DIDN'T get him ( ??? )   now he's on the loose and still playing to shoot everyone with what he told police is an AK47 and numerous explosives.

Last I heard he was fleeing to Sutter which is a small "hick town" about 10 minutes west of Yuba City. Still no word... and the news just televised that all schools will be closed tomorrow.

Oh... and he's only 20 years old  :shake: 

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/2/story.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=10435168

and

http://www.appeal-democrat.com/onset?id=47270&template=article.html

If anyone in the area has leads please contact the police so they can arrest this jerk bag.
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Apr 19, 2007, 08:47:38 PM »
theres gonna be a bunch of copycats of this incident....remember columbine? after that they started putting metal detectors in alot of high schools...college campuses are next
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:07:40 PM »
theres gonna be a bunch of copycats of this incident....remember columbine? after that they started putting metal detectors in alot of high schools...college campuses are next

Problem is, there is no real way of securing most college campuses.  I go to CSU sacramento, and there are 3 roads onto campus, and one side runs along the river bike trail, and the other side runs along the railroad tracks.   All sorts of access.

My sister goes to UC Berkeley, and you can't even tell when you're walking that you've gone from the city of berkeley onto campus.  :headshake:

-Ronald Reagan

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:13:25 PM »
If anyone in the area has leads please contact the police so they can arrest this jerk bag.

Any word on this guy?

He kinda looks like he's from the shallow end of the gene pool.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:29:41 PM »

Any word on this guy?

As of 9:31, no

http://cbs13.com/local/local_story_109213458.html

-Ronald Reagan

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Apr 19, 2007, 10:34:24 PM »
Why did they list the mileage from sac in km  :headscratch:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Apr 19, 2007, 11:08:40 PM »

Any word on this guy?

They caught him!  He actually turned himself in.  Do you really believe he wanted to die, or is it just a sad plea for attention?  Most people don't go around telling people they're planning on a killing spree. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Apr 19, 2007, 11:42:09 PM »
They caught him!  He actually turned himself in.  Do you really believe he wanted to die, or is it just a sad plea for attention?  Most people don't go around telling people they're planning on a killing spree. 

I don't think he really wanted to die.  I think with the heightened state of alert the police were in, if someone called him in, they would have locked down the area, and he would have fought.  By turning himself in, he garanteed he wasn't gonna die (yet)

-Ronald Reagan