Author Topic: What kind of Car Guy are you??  (Read 10724 times)

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of Car Guy are you??
« Reply #60 on: Jul 10, 2007, 12:01:07 AM »
I am a big fan of all old school muscle, but I too love the first generation Camaros. They are just so angry looking. My all time favorites are 4x4s of any kind really (all toyota 4x4s especially, excluding some newer models)

I like most all modified vehicles really. I love crawlers of any kind, bajas, golf carts, quads, motorcycles and anything for offroading. I also like muscle cars, non-riced out imports with subtle character, not "look at my  :stopit: checkerboard paintjob and plastic as far as the eye can see". Classics, military vehicles and unimogs and the like. I dig it all. I never used to like lowrider trucks but twisted minis here actualy changed my mind about that.

My all time favorite line of cars though are the 70s and 80s corollas. Most people just dont understand and think Im wierd but I love the old corollas. My buddy had a 78 that he drove the hell out of. It had good power too, I was amazed. So fun to drive. The body styling is just sweet and I think you could stuff a 22RE in that sucker with some effort. I cant imagine how fast that little car would go with a 22re. They even have little mini rear leaf sprung solid axles! As strange as that may seem, next to the 69 camaro I really want to try and drop a 22re n some other good stuff into a 70-early 80s corolla and restore it. I had an 86 in high school and I couldnt kill the damn thing. They are sweet little cars for the price (i got mine for $250). mid to late 80s models are ugly, early 90s are not bad looking but my favorites are the 70s & early 80s......

85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

TRACKER

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 4
  • Male Posts: 442
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jul 11, 2007, 11:58:50 PM »
this was my car ...i did auto cross  and import drag for 5 years ... i won many 1st in battle of the imports and nopi national

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2007, 12:43:51 AM by TRACKER »
Pride - is what drive a man to do his very best even when no one is looking ..

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Jul 12, 2007, 12:06:31 AM »
That is a sweet CRX, but WTF is up with the pics of the snake that ate a human?!  :willynilly:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

bikerboy666_69

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 93
  • Member since Aug '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Aug 08, 2007, 03:50:22 AM »
if not for gas prices i would go fullsize everything beefed up to the max
Buckle up, I wana try somthing  :bud: Born Crazy

logan

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 58
  • Member since Jul '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Aug 08, 2007, 11:20:02 PM »
my first love was muscle cars,i then learned that a 4 banger spinning 8-9 grand is pretty wild so i'm pretty much an all round car person

NorCalToy

• Official Super Badass
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 77
  • Male Posts: 2,472
  • Member since Jun '07
  • IFS no longer! - Member #8342
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #65 on: Dec 29, 2007, 08:28:38 PM »
bringin it back :yupyup: (from page 20)

gotta love the sound of an old V8. 4x4's in general are pretty awesome, most imports are really annoying, but when theres a well built sleeper you gotta give the owner a little bit of credit for ignoring all the bling and just makin a fast car. old datsuns are pretty awesome, if built right. i could probly like almost anything if it is built with hardwork and labor instead of niothing but cash.
:willynilly: '89 truck SAS sittin on 35's, Tacoma rear axle w/ E-Locker, welded front

kneedownnate - You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable

iɹǝʌo ǝɯ ııoɹ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

:flamer: IFS