Author Topic: Come See military_stang's toyota!!!!! UPDATED 16 JULY 07 NEW PICS  (Read 13245 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Emphasis on THIER EYES  :disturbed:

I think the first mod I posted on this forum was a rattle can paint job :hahaha:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Emphasis on THIER EYES  :disturbed:

I think the first mod I posted on this forum was a rattle can paint job :hahaha:

HAHAHAHA, thats what i'm doing to mine now... i got another pic t opost, i just gotta get to it....

military_stang
:respect:

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Here is the progress i have made so far... i have been rattle canning her.. it turned out pretty good, but not as good as i wanted it to, but oh well...

military_stang

bigarms23

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 111
  • Male Posts: 2,897
  • Member since Jun '07
    • View Profile
looks like its coming along great i will look for future updates
88 4runner 92 cpi duals 37 radial rockers and 4.8 coming soon

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
I'll get more shot's tonight.. sorry about the horrible pics, but i need to get a new camara to take better pics

military_stang

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
So far:

1) Shift Nob
2) ceramic clutch
3) Rock sliders
4) axle breather
5) rear axle seals
6) drive shaft bolt's, but these are petty

and thats all for now, but i need more $$$$ to get more MC stuff.. i saving for the SAS kit and a rear bumper... think i found an axle... but waiting for the funds to buy em all

military_stang

Loki

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 354
  • Member since Dec '06
  • What are you lookin' at?
    • View Profile
i can't believe you put a ceramic truck that you drive daily LOL i thought you were swapping that out :conf:
88 turd SAS with some "stuff" under it.
MY BUILD UP THREAD

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Nope, was going to but decided not to because it's going to become a crawler someday.. might as well put the clutch in now and not have to buy another one later... Plus, ceramic's arn't as bad for DD as eveyone says they are

military_stang

gateguard,ut

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Jul '07
    • View Profile
wow  the way you give out  info i thought you had the badest rock crawler around ,,i look and its  stock,you prolly have 30.00 worth of marlin stuff on it

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
u guys are asses quit giving him :pokinit::slap: everybody has to start somewhere  :shake: If i was closer I would slap the :pokinit: outta u guys

gateguard lets see a pic of your rig
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

YotaChris

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 274
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
u guys are asses quit giving him :pokinit::slap: everybody has to start somewhere  :shake: If i was closer I would slap the :pokinit: outta u guys
x2 . I completely understand how it is having to save up money for a long time before I can even do something little. The truck is looking good. A bit of a ways to go but I am sure it will get there. Keep up the good work! :thumbs:
I LOVE MY YOTAS!!

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Thanks guys for the support... it seems like if you haven't done anything MAJOR to your tuck, then it's not worth a minute of people's time... but hey, i don't care what they say....

oh, and gateguard,ut -

1) Shift Nob - Free, thanks to CRUZILA
2) ceramic clutch - $279
3) Rock sliders - $169
4) axle breather - $30
5) rear axle seals - $10
6) drive shaft bolt's, but these are petty - $10

Total - $498.00 Not to include tax's

I know it's not much, but for someone who is gone 7 month's out of the year to the desert, and then has to take care of his family, it's a lot....

military_stang

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
Found extrta door's already, just waiting to get my tools together and have a good weekend to build em. I know it aint hard to make um, just waiting for a good weekend (and access to a welder) to built em.... I plan on doing the MC 5 inch with 35's... don't really know a whole lot about gearing, just something that i can still use for a DD and go wheelin a rock crawling on the weekends.... what do you think would be good gearing?? 4.10's.... 4.88's???? something higher than that??

military_stang

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Found extrta door's already, just waiting to get my tools together and have a good weekend to build em. I know it aint hard to make um, just waiting for a good weekend (and access to a welder) to built em.... I plan on doing the MC 5 inch with 35's... don't really know a whole lot about gearing, just something that i can still use for a DD and go wheelin a rock crawling on the weekends.... what do you think would be good gearing?? 4.10's.... 4.88's???? something higher than that??

military_stang
for 35's i would run 3 or 4 inch springs and gears 5.29. just my two cents
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
why 3 or 4 inch?? and is 5.29's going to be low enough for city driving????

military_stang

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
why 3 or 4 inch?? and is 5.29's going to be low enough for city driving????

military_stang
the  lower the gears  the higher the number  ,,so like  410's are higher then  5.29's

weirdtimes_7 [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
the  lower the gears  the higher the number  ,,so like  410's are higher then  5.29's

I know that the higher the gears are, the easier it is to turn your tire's, but i also know that this lower's the top speed of the vehicle... i'm not out to win any race's, but i still want to be able to drive 75 MPH on the freeway...

So, 5.29's are better... sweet.. thanks mike for your help, i will be keeping this in the back of my head when it come's time to buy new gears.. :biggthumpup:

military_stang

papa mike

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 328
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
I know that the higher the gears are, the easier it is to turn your tire's, but i also know that this lower's the top speed of the vehicle... i'm not out to win any race's, but i still want to be able to drive 75 MPH on the freeway...

So, 5.29's are better... sweet.. thanks mike for your help, i will be keeping this in the back of my head when it come's time to buy new gears.. :biggthumpup:

military_stang
with 35's  5.29' will be close to stock gearing