Author Topic: Honeymoon -- where did you go?  (Read 3678 times)

snowshoebrue

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Honeymoon -- where did you go?
« on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:00:30 PM »
just got done planning our honeymoon and we are going to mexico may 19-26.  we are staying at an all inclusive resort in Nuevo Vallarta.  plus we are going to fly first class because she never has
http://www.grandvelas.com/

so where did you go?  what did you do?

blackdiamond

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Honeymoon -- where did you go?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »
so where did you go?  what did you do?

http://www.sandals.com/main/royal/rj-home.cfm

and none of your business!  :slap:

I would highly recommend Sandals based on our experience.  When they say "Ultra All Inclusive" they are not kidding.  With our resort "hopping" we had 11 resteraunt options and only three required reservations, but in theory you could make a reservation every night if you wanted.  Scuba diving was also included, up to two dives a day with reservations, along with equipment.  Excellent!
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

snowshoebrue [OP]

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 447
  • Male Posts: 1,152
  • Member since Jun '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:39:33 PM »
 :bumpinbutts: , :smooch: , is your own business i meant more like activies like scuba diving and such.  we still have to decide on the g-rated activities we will do  :biggthumpup:

we looked at sandals but amanda wanted to go to mexico and i don't think sandals does mexico.  plus the place we are going to only has like 200-300 rooms vs some places had 7-800 which means alot less people

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:46:54 PM »
we went to Maui, had a blast.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:52:41 PM »
Awesome!!!,Congrats SSB.I went to the same place for my honeymoon.Stayed at The Paradise Village for a week and had a blast.Went to Carlos O'Brian's,Hooters,Hard Rock Cafe and a few other places but couldn't drink much.Went on a couple boat rides,the African Queen and The Dancer and had a blast,no scuba for me and I wanted to go on one of the Jeep Safaris but didn't get a chance  :down: .I went in October and it was pretty humid.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2007, 12:20:48 PM »
Haven't gone yet, but boy have we been planning!

We have been debating whether to go on a cruise or fly to Hawaii.  We've decided we want to go on a cruise, that way lodging, food, and responsibility concerns can be thrown out the window :disturbed: :beer: It's all in one package rather than payin for everything individually.  Mom has some timeshares she's gonna give us for a wedding gift if we can find a cruiseline that's supported by her shares. 

Oh yeah Justin, congrats :woohoo: Looking forward to meeting Amanda :yesnod: :driving: I read your guys's web page and it's so cute.  I never heard the story how you met.  It's awsome :love: :hahaha:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1346
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2007, 01:22:40 PM »
Everything we did was low budget for our wedding!  Plus, when you got connections for things like; dress maker, minister, hall, photographer, cake maker, and etc.  We also had a connection with reservations!  Friend cleaned cabins at a place in the San Juan Islands in Washington!  Here's the place!  http://www.lakedale.com/  We rented a cabin, we've been wanting to go back for one of our anniversary's.  We wanted a peaceful place to be, and the islands are very cool to check out!  Orca whales, and ferry boat rides to the other Islands!  Lot's of historical places and really cool parks for pic-nic's!  Just really beautiful and calming!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*** YELLER ***

• BIGMIKE SAID I WAS A CLOWN SO .... GUESS THATS THAT
  • Turtle Points: 314
  • Male Posts: 4,686
  • Member since Oct '05
  • USMC NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »
HEHE we went camping, spent a long weekend there,played minature golf and just enjoyed each others company.

:usa: :beerwhack:

MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I HAVE NOTHING USEFUL TO OFFER THIS FORUM  :moon:
except BACON

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
Don't remember, never got outside the hotel room  :smooch:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2007, 10:58:08 AM »
Well, Brian and I got engaged in September of 2000.  Started really planning the wedding 'round about September of 2001, and we were going to have it in October of 2002.  But I gotta tell ya....planning a wedding is for the birds!!!  It was driving me absolutely insane, and everything was just getting more and more and more expensive.  So in February of 2002, we threw our hands in the air and said to hell with it all, went and got our marriage license and went to the JP on February 15, 2002.  Got the same end result for all of $60!!  :rofl2:

We got married at 3:45 p.m. and headed off to the coolest skate park that USED to be around (it's now closed).  Got pulled over on the way home, coulda been a REALLY bad scene (long story), but when I told the officer that we just got married that afternoon, he shook Brian's hand, congratulated us, and sent us on our way!  haha

Since then we've gone on two separate "mini-honeymoons" at Caesar's Pocono Palace, an all-inclusive resort in the Pocono Mountains here in PA.  We LOVED it.  Did a lot of hanging out in the suite (it was a 3-floor suite with a heart-shaped jacuzzi and our own personal swimming pool!  Plus a deck that overlooked a gorgeous lake), and shooting a lot of pool at the main "lodge" place.  It's just a nice relaxing time.  We're not "beachy" people, and Brian refuses to fly.  haha.

Our 5th Anniversary is Thursday, and we're still newlyweds.   :love:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2007, 12:45:25 PM »
Dang if we are not Marlin Sistahs! We had talked about getting married a few times but everytime we started planning it got too expensive and was too much of a PITA to organize.

Valentines Day of 1999 we were at dinner, Mark mentioned he ran into a aquaintence, she asked if we were still together and jokingly mentioned she was a notary public and could marry people.

I said "You know, Dad and Mari are coming down in Mar." And so between Feb. 14 and March 9... we put a wedding together at the house with just immediate family in FL.

I found the perfect dress on sale for, I think, $45. Perfect shoes at Payless. My MIL helped get the cake and food plates from the local supermarket. Mark's Dad treated him to a new suit.

Mark even realized the a couple nights (or was it the night before?) that we needed a maid of honor and best man to hold the rings! So he calls his buddy up and says "guess what"

My cousin was my maid of honor and she even had the fore thought to pick up a couple bouquets for us.

It started at about noon, was over at about 6, we sat down said "what the hell happened' went to Blockbuster, rented a couple movies and popped a bottle of champagne!

We went out a couple times for our anniversary, but spent more, when we still had the ATV's taking the day off work for our "4-wheeling is better then working anniversary celebration"

We've never had an "official" honeymoon, but it never seemed important either.

Oh, and happy anniversary, Jan    
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2007, 12:55:05 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

MT4Runner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 108
  • Member since Nov '06
  • FToy 086
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2007, 09:10:11 PM »
We went to the Canadian Rockies on a road trip...10 years ago.

...and got food poisoning...together. Uggh.

This year is our 10th anniversary, and we're doing a Hawaiian cruise...a little touristy, but we've never been to Hawai'i before, so we can check out all the islands and know which ones we want to return to.  We're planning to do our own thing on shore instead of following the sheeple on the shore excursions.

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Feb 10, 2007, 11:34:18 PM »
This year is our 10th anniversary as well.  We never really did a formal honeymoon but got married on Bald Head Island N.C. (www.baldheadisland.com) My wife's family has a house on the island and we go there all the time.  For you older people this is where they filmed Weekend at Bernie's (the first one).

rockcrawlinredneck

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 404
  • Member since Jul '06
  • 1st Gen's rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2007, 07:46:27 AM »
Sturgis South Dakota on ou Harley's, for the Black Hill's Rally is were we are going. We will be married a little ove a year though by the time the rally comes around.

Kevin

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2007, 08:43:46 AM »
Went to the Grand Canyon, where my wife says she wasn't all that impressed with it :screwy: and then headed to Laughlin NV. for a few days of gambling!
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2007, 08:48:44 AM »
married and 'mooned in Vegas in 94

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,060
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »
married and 'mooned in Vegas in 94

did you get flashed as well?
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:36:12 AM »
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to all!  :thumbsup: My wife and I married in Lake Tahoe on Feb 14, '93  :smooch: (yes, Valentine's day). We Stayed in Reno that night and we annually honeymoon in different locations. We've honeymooned in Lake Tahoe, Hawaii, Alaska, Vegas, Reno, Sedona, Az, Ventura,ca, Malibu, San Diego, Sandlake, Or  .....not in that order but just to name a few and we see everything within a 2 hour drive from where ever we stay. We always have such a good time. Of course, we do typically go broke  :yikes: on some of our trips, but the way we see it is "visit like you may not be coming back and enjoy it while you can"  :yupyup:. We all know that tomorrow isn't promised to us and that we should all try to live our lives with as little regret as possible. Maybe it's just me but I can live with the idea that "maybe I shouldn't have spent the money" more than to say "I wish I would've just went". "You can always get the money back but the day is gone forever". Going to San Diego today  :driving:, in fact, for a few days to celebrate 14 years  and we'll be stopping at Pismo beach on the way back :eyebrow: (man, time flies). This year were going easy and we'll also be doing some small projects around the house when we get back.  :flamer: Hope you all enjoy the your next honeymoon, I know I will.  :greengrin:

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Feb 11, 2007, 11:00:20 AM »
We just got married almost 2 months ago and had a fun time.  We went to Vancouver Canada and went to Whistler.  Our honeymoon wasn't very expensive but it isn't what you spend but how you spend you time.  We had a blast and will have go somewhere tropical on a anniversary someday.

MT4Runner

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 108
  • Member since Nov '06
  • FToy 086
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 11, 2007, 03:36:57 PM »
For you older people this is where they filmed Weekend at Bernie's (the first one).

You've been married 10 years, but anyone who remembers Weekend at Bernie's is OLDER?!?!?  what were you, 12 when you married?  Hahaha!!

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Feb 11, 2007, 03:43:29 PM »

topar

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Male Posts: 1,909
  • Member since Aug '06
  • One Toyota + One Mopar = Topar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 11, 2007, 05:36:24 PM »
I was just saying it is the same place if you have seen the movie.

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Feb 11, 2007, 06:13:59 PM »
Although I thought I was going to the Redneck Riviera (the Florida panhandle), if the next few years were any indication...Destin was actually the gates of Hell! 
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Prismo

• Online The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 8602
  • Member since Oct '03
  • Living in the green house
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 11, 2007, 06:26:30 PM »
Retired Great White Turtle Hunter
Originally posted by fortysixandtwo – sheesh, you should see the transvestites i sell ammo to sometimes

Shoyrtt

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,294
  • Member since Feb '05
  • VH Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Feb 11, 2007, 11:37:40 PM »
Caymon Islands for a week of diving  :biggthumpup: ... scuba diving 2 times per day. :yesnod:
JOIN THE BLUE RIBBON COALITION!

http://www.sharetrails.org/

skipnrocks

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 2,363
  • Member since Mar '06
  • DUDE YOU DID WHAT?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Feb 15, 2007, 05:42:20 AM »
We went to a hotel!   :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Oh yea and we also stayed in LA, and went to disney land, sandiago, mexico, and the ocean.  Was a blast!!
Life is too short!!!   Do something with it!!!

WILLYNILLY
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=23944.new#new