We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: 6 stud knuckles  (Read 41644 times)

Westy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 109
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: 6 stud knuckles
« Reply #60 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:53:28 AM »
I would feel more comfortable putting a set of the chinese built 4.7 gears in my truck than a 3rd assembled by 4wheel parts  :yikes:
'86 Pickup flatbed...

4RnrRick

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 60
  • Member since Jan '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:54:30 AM »
I'm glad to see this product come to market, its been a long wait. I can only hope the people involved in the process get what they deserve (good or bad). Its unfortionate there was legal issues involving this product! And I can only guess that the Lawyers made more from this product that teh vendors will for years to come. It would be nice to see a "press release" from 'Marlin Crawler Inc' on their future plans for this product. Especially now that TG offers them and MCI says "coming soon". Could be as simple as lag in the web update.....

79coyotefrg

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #62 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:59:06 AM »
I'm glad to see this product come to market, its been a long wait. I can only hope the people involved in the process get what they deserve (good or bad). Its unfortionate there was legal issues involving this product! And I can only guess that the Lawyers made more from this product that teh vendors will for years to come. It would be nice to see a "press release" from 'Marlin Crawler Inc' on their future plans for this product. Especially now that TG offers them and MCI says "coming soon". Could be as simple as lag in the web update.....
the "coming soon"   should be removed,  :headshake:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:07:18 AM »
I am curious to hear the official response to this whole pissing match. Did the threads get deleted from Pirate? They have lasted an awful long time if not.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

TheBandit

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -14
  • Male Posts: 174
  • Member since Jan '06
  • MS in BS
    • View Profile
    • www.xtremefabricator.com
« Reply #64 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:16:00 AM »
This is a sticky situation because it likely took a group of people to develop the six stud knuckles. If the group of people was working for MC at the time of inception and through most of the development, then it seems logical that MC should own the design and sell it. Apparently the proper legal steps weren't taken or were too expensive to follow up on for MC to keep and sell the product. It sucks. Hopefully MC learned a hard lesson from this and will take all the necessary steps so they aren't taken advantage of again.

I think the best way for Marlin to respond to this whole fiasco is to go back to doing what he does best: come up with a revolutionary product and shove it up the other guy's ass. 

If he still has rights to the knuckles, he should have them cast at a US foundary, sell them for a little more, and advertise them as Made in the USA.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2007, 11:04:18 AM by TheBandit »

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:26:03 AM »
it seems like this is the only forum out there who is posting any part of what is going on, besides pirate, but on all the other boards, the real truth is getting deleated. sounds like a bunch of sell outs more interested in making money over the truth and ethics

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:30:47 AM »
Lots of lookers. This sure is the hot topic in the Toyota community. Maybe this story should be continued on CBS on weekdays.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:51:29 AM »
Quote from: shadycrawler from pirate4x4
At this moment, the fact of the matter is that Marlin himself cannot comment about this situation. I'm sure he wants to more than anyone but of course for certain reasons he can't. Everyone knows that Geiger nor Messer designed the 6 stud knuckle. It was innovated and designed by Marlin himself. Anyone who has been around the the industry for more then 1 year knows that. TG keeps claiming that they have done everything that MC has requested but I'm sure Marlin didn't request to get trapped in the corner by someone he trusted about a product he designed. If only people knew how much you were selling the product that Marlin desgined to MC for would they realize what a shady company TG is? Yes I do work at Marlin Crawler and yes I do like Marlin as a person. But before that I was a customer, and so were the people that work at TG. Out of ethics how could a person do that to someone like Marlin? I'm still wondering that myself. All weekend I've kept my comments to myself but this is a public board and I can express how I feel about the situation as a person not as an employee anytime I want. Anyone is more than welcome to call the shop and talk to me or PM me anytime. Hopefully in time the truth of the situation will come out.
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jan 22, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »

While this is good information, if he wanted it on this board I suspect he would have posted it here.  Maybe a link would be a better format.

:dunno:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

madhunt

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 490
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:07:48 PM »
two questions, I thought this thread was locked earlier, and Is marlin going to sell six stud knuckle, or redisign his design and sell them???
HIGH AND TIGHT OFFROAD

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:28:38 PM »
yea Jim  :slap:

Jack it was locked but now it aint
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

CruzrDave

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:31:14 PM »
Due to circumstances beyond our control we will not be selling this knuckle now.

I ask that those who are privileged enough to have Marlin’s cell number not call him or the shop regarding this.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:42:21 PM »
:headshake:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Jan 22, 2007, 05:49:52 PM »
Due to circumstances beyond our control we will not be selling this knuckle now.

I ask that those who are privileged enough to have Marlin’s cell number not call him or the shop regarding this.

Thanks Dave :thumbs: 

Personally, I don't even have an interest in this situation due to the fact that I don't even have a SA, let alone a need for 6 stud knuckles.  I do think it is a shame however, that MC won't be selling the knuckles designed by MC, but I guess :pokinit: happens.  I would like to commend MC on how the whole situation is being handled, and I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for the services your provide, the parts you sell, the events you set up, and the attitude you have about your customers, and fellow vendors.  I have been an MC for a while now, and will continue to purchase from ya'll  :thumbs:

Keep up the good work!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:00:05 PM »
Now I cant wait to see what Marlin comes upwith.  :clap: :bowdown: :clap:

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:03:11 PM »
Now I cant wait to see what Marlin comes upwith.  :clap: :bowdown: :clap:
12 stud knuckles  :disturbed:  :talkingn:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:06:50 PM »
Are people having any problems with the ARP studs that FROR sells?  What are their limitations?  I'm only posting this as a constructive way to avoid the TG "stolen" products.

1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

affende

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 115
  • Member since Jan '06
  • I would do her IDB style...twice
    • View Profile
    • Affende.com
« Reply #77 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »
Are people having any problems with the ARP studs that FROR sells?  What are their limitations?  I'm only posting this as a constructive way to avoid the TG "stolen" products.

i have heard good and bad about the ARP studs, seems to me that they are too brittle and break easier than a properly torqued standard stud .... i personally will not spend the money on them, but that is just my opinion.
Please excuse my grammar and spelling, im from Virginia.

bkg

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »
i have heard good and bad about the ARP studs, seems to me that they are too brittle and break easier than a properly torqued standard stud .... i personally will not spend the money on them, but that is just my opinion.

100% incorrect. They are many times stronger than the stock studs, but I'd recommend that you check w/ Brian @FRORF for stats on how many, if any, have broken.

The 6-stud idea came about to solve a problem. ARP studs, Dana 44 studs on standard arems are a "fix" but not a solution to that problem.

I hope that another door opens for Marlin and crew, ad mist this one that is apparently closing.

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »

well thats sad to hear looks like ill have to try and modify my nuckles, cus im not buying them from trail mart

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:50:35 PM »
I agree with not selling them.

If Marlin bent over to sell TG made parts of his own design it would only be to say (It's OK Chris that you are stealing my ideas and allowing me to market them for you.)

Marlin is much bigger than that.

I would rather do a trail repair on the side of a mountain than buy a knock off from a company that will do anything in their power to put the screws to someone they call a friend.

Time for MC to move forward and not backwards.

There will be other products and I am sure there will be steps taken to prevent this from happening in the future.

The #1 step is Geeker is out of the picture from this point on.

:beerchug:

Chris keeps bringing up the fact that he saved Marlin from doom, but it wasn't for Marlin, it was for Chris and if Marlin was not there for Chris he would not be where he is today.

Marlin, get back to R&D and let this one die a miserable death.

:usa:

:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

zorack86

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 41
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:20:27 PM »
Arent you part of the TG crew
no i am not part of the tg crew just a friend of the guys there. Also I do not install for them.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2007, 08:28:43 PM by zorack86 »
86 4runner 5" sas kit dual cases with 4.7's.Also a hi pinion in the frnt w/arb and a v6 housing in the rear w/arb and 529's on 36-14.50-15 radial tsl's. also 75 chevy locked up front and rear with an arb,5.43's in a 9in and 5.38's up in a44 on 39.5 tsl's

Weak-Link

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:29:50 PM »
ohh SNAP!

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:23:20 PM »
OH Boy I made my first post on Pirate and guess what thread it was on? :ha_ha:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Talon84x4

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 375
  • Male Posts: 919
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:25:56 PM »
Saw that post a few minutes ago, they'll definitely know where you stand right off.  :yupyup:

:biggthumpup:
Low & Slow 84 PU - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=31982.0
Central Valley Crawlers

TheBandit

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -14
  • Male Posts: 174
  • Member since Jan '06
  • MS in BS
    • View Profile
    • www.xtremefabricator.com
« Reply #85 on: Jan 23, 2007, 07:54:48 AM »
Yeah how about some 7 stud knuckles lol

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:21:13 AM »
If I ever have the needs to go to 6 stud knuckles, I will put 60's in first.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:34:04 AM »
I know a lot about the situation and they have no ethics and straight out stole the six stud knuckles along with other trade secrets from marlin.

Yup. Traitor Gear can insist they came to an agreement all they want, but that "agreement" was Marlin being backed up against a wall, against big money, by someone that professed to be his friend.
This was not something he chose voluntarily to do, they did not come away fromt he table shaking hands and smiling. This was extortion. He may as well have been going up against the mob, the knife in the back would have hurt considerably less, I'm sure.

:headshake:

Ethics? We don't need no steekin' ethics!   :snare:

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »
zorack please stop reporting posts about people picking on you, I cant see anything other than people saying you work at 4WP's and as far as I know megolfer has NOT been warned about anything. You remind me of the kid on the playground that always ran off to the teacher crying evrytime time someone looked at him funny. there now you can report me for picking on you  :talkingn:
:rofl:   i pm'ed him  the same thing :rofl:

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #89 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:55:41 AM »
:rofl:   i pm'ed him  the same thing :rofl:

Can I :banned: him

can I

can I

huh huh?
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest