We currently are not offering Customer Support on our Forum.
Please use our Store website for: Customer Contact.

Author Topic: 6 stud knuckles  (Read 41707 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: 6 stud knuckles
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:51:17 PM »
The probation would bother me, but angry pm's from cg are about as scary as a juvenile squirrel barking from a tree, it's cuter than it is scary.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

noexcuses [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2007, 09:55:48 PM »
yah I ave been threatend with the ban hammer whenever I talk bad about trail gear on the PBB also. Looks like I will have to stick with the stock knuckles and ARP studs till I build my 609. Never bought anything from Trail mart and never will.

noexcuses [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »
smack :smack: yah I did not know that Marlin was getting screwed over by TG (like diamond axles, ruff stuff, ect ect). Gues Marlin can add his name to the list :eek:.  Oh yeh thanks for the link so I could fix that  :gap: . I could not find my post.

any way back to the subject at hand  :twocents:

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -134
  • Male Posts: 438
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 59
  • Male Posts: 256
  • Member since Dec '05
  • Soon to be shorter and slower :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2007, 01:59:20 AM »
I will refrain from judgement on the issue until it becomes clear what the agreement states about Marlin being supplied with the knuckles from TG. It would seem to make the most sense if they got them at cost and thus could sell them at the same price. So in the end all that would result is TG getting free R&D.

That's just me thinking out loud though, I think the whole TG ethics issue is really not something that can be properly judged since most of us know very little of what is actually going on.
'82 on 35's, not much else.

big ron

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
I will refrain from judgement on the issue until it becomes clear what the agreement states about Marlin being supplied with the knuckles from TG. It would seem to make the most sense if they got them at cost and thus could sell them at the same price. So in the end all that would result is TG getting free R&D.

That's just me thinking out loud though, I think the whole TG ethics issue is really not something that can be properly judged since most of us know very little of what is actually going on.
well said...

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:56:03 AM »
Trail Gear has ethics? :rofl:
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:25:12 AM »
I know a lot about the situation and they have no ethics and straight out stole the six stud knuckles along with other trade secrets from marlin.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:43:52 AM »

I think you've made a very similar comment in the past, and were reminded then also that you may have joined after a lot of this went down and had missed a lot of pertinent info.  There is no question on tg's ethics from members who caught on to what went down, and it's actually kinda irritating when newer members keep piping up and saying "we don't have the facts/don't know anything about the situation, and should not judge".  Some of us know enough to KNOW, not judge!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

4XFlyin

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 541
  • Member since May '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 2007, 10:00:36 AM »
Marlin is one of the nicest people I know Period. Marlin's integrity is built on what he has done and not by what he has said.

I don't believe that bashing and speculating helps Marlin in any way. On the contrary it probably hurts. I will support the man that made me enjoy this sport by giving him my dollars, referrals and respect.

82 1st Gen with 4.3L vortec and 4l60e. Linked front and rear

My build up. Getting linked
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=50700.msg711361#msg711361

zorack86

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -6
  • Male Posts: 41
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jan 21, 2007, 06:05:51 PM »
86 4runner 5" sas kit dual cases with 4.7's.Also a hi pinion in the frnt w/arb and a v6 housing in the rear w/arb and 529's on 36-14.50-15 radial tsl's. also 75 chevy locked up front and rear with an arb,5.43's in a 9in and 5.38's up in a44 on 39.5 tsl's

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2007, 06:09:59 PM »
x2

X3 but that still means anyone who wants them NOW is going to trailgear
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

rick80

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »
I never say to much on here?
To start off with, this is one of best boards around. That something that Trail Gear cannot take away fom us. Everyone knows in what type of sitiuation Marlin is in. Everyone knows that the legal system is not always fair at all. But sometimes you have to be the bigger man and walk away.   :beer:    

Gittinit

• throttle jockey!
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 2,293
  • Member since Sep '06
  • out from under my rock, and ready to roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 21, 2007, 06:15:46 PM »
I never say to much on here?
To start off with, this is one of best boards around. That something that Trail Gear cannot take away fom us. Everyone knows in what type of sitiuation Marlin is in. Everyone knows that the legal system is not always fair at all. But sometimes you have to be the BETTER man and walk away.   :beer:    

there i fixed it for ya!
Hug your kids, pray for a soldier, and don't sweat the small stuff.

my favorite places:
http://www.flatnasty.net/
http://www.orvpark.com/

– fortysixandtwo – sorry, i prefer marlin because aside from gittinit, no one is a know it all a hole

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #44 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:20:28 PM »
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #45 on: Jan 21, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »
yes he is
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Jan 21, 2007, 08:33:52 PM »
This is a sad day indeed. My thoughts go out to Marlin and hope he can make peace with this. I know he had his hart set on winning this fight, but someone else Said, "sometimes you have to be the bigger man and walk away".

I was hopping he could resolve this because I was waiting for them to do my 4 wheel steer, BUT if TG is going to make them I am not going to support TG in anyway shape or form. They (TG) can rot in hell for all I care.

I would understand fully if Marlin did not sell them either. I have more respect for Marlin than anyone else I know and back him even if it means he will not release the 6 stud knuckles.

TG may be making off with the goods, but they are also making a name for them selves and bad news travels faster than good news.

Ever heard of winzel?
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
I think you've made a very similar comment in the past, and were reminded then also that you may have joined after a lot of this went down and had missed a lot of pertinent info.  There is no question on tg's ethics from members who caught on to what went down, and it's actually kinda irritating when newer members keep piping up and saying "we don't have the facts/don't know anything about the situation, and should not judge".  Some of us know enough to KNOW, not judge!

Actually I have been around since before the failed merger and subsequent rise of Trail Gear, and I would guess I know almost everything if not everything that you do about the issue. But I would still like to rephrase what I said. There is enough "evidence" to judge TG and label them as evil or whatever you like, but I would say that debating the issues such as these knuckles is fairly pointless without knowing most of the details of the agreement. After all you dont need any facts at all to form an opinion.

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Jan 21, 2007, 10:15:07 PM »
There is enough "evidence" to judge TG and label them as evil or whatever you like, but I would say that debating the issues such as these knuckles is fairly pointless without knowing most of the details of the agreement. After all you dont need any facts at all to form an opinion.

That makes a little more sense, maybe I was just reading it wrong before :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Jan 21, 2007, 10:36:12 PM »
 :dunno: not really important, I was just throwing my thoughts out there  :beerchug:

btw, I am not defending TG, what they're doing is pretty shady IMO

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Jan 21, 2007, 10:49:17 PM »
Actually I have been around since before the failed merger and subsequent rise of Trail Gear, and I would guess I know almost everything if not everything that you do about the issue. But I would still like to rephrase what I said. There is enough "evidence" to judge TG and label them as evil or whatever you like, but I would say that debating the issues such as these knuckles is fairly pointless without knowing most of the details of the agreement. After all you dont need any facts at all to form an opinion.

Believe me you dont know all the facts.  There is so much that has not been posted in public.

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2007, 11:55:21 PM »
Uh... that was pretty much the point of my post.
 (I think you misread what I said. I said I know about as much as nate did , not everything there is to know.)

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2007, 12:00:19 AM »
Uh... that was pretty much the point of my post.
 (I think you misread what I said. I said I know about as much as nate did , not everything there is to know.)

i'm sure that if you did know as much as nate, you would agree with the statement that trailgear can kick rocks.... obviosly, you know less about the entire situation than nate does

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

cheap sunglasses

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Jan 22, 2007, 12:16:32 AM »
 :headshake:
Read reply #51 in this thread please.

I'm done with this thread now. This is ridiculous.

pickemup81

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Jan 22, 2007, 02:11:33 AM »
I would rather put my ifs back on than buy from TG.
86 4runner now with sas and other garbage

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:10:53 AM »
:headshake:
Read reply #51 in this thread please.

I'm done with this thread now. This is ridiculous.

i read it, and you think you know the whole story, of what is going on.... there is a lot more to it than what was posted here on the board, and a lot of the people here know about it....

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:02:55 AM »
x2

Go back to installing R&P's for Trail Mart where you belong.  That's right, TG has their R&Ps installed by a guy at 4 Wheel Parts.  :yikes:

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:07:11 AM »
so is marlin going to stop selling the 6 stud arms?

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Westy

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 109
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »

Go back to installing R&P's for Trail Mart where you belong.  That's right, TG has their R&Ps installed by a guy at 4 Wheel Parts.  :yikes:

If thats true...that is scary.
'86 Pickup flatbed...

megolfer

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Dec '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Jan 22, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
It is true.  Zorack is also the one that was bashing marlin and many of the other employess on pirate.  Coyote knows about it, I sent him about 10 links of it and that was not even a little of it.  Most of it was deleted when threads were deleted.  I wonder is 4wheelparts knows that he is installing, and the crap that he is saying about other companies.  He sure represents 4 wheel parts really well.