Author Topic: Disgrace to Off-Road Pics.  (Read 848419 times)

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 977
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: Disgrace to Off-Road Pics.
« Reply #2910 on: Jun 21, 2010, 06:44:38 AM »
Wow, I've been called red neck but building something like that is beyond me...
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

Gixxer Jon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 104
  • Male Posts: 646
  • Member since Jan '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: Jun 22, 2010, 12:48:11 AM »
This is more or less a disgrace to an 2008 tacoma

This truck flew passed us right after we got on the 99 freeway in bakersfield and i didnt have time to take a picture.

Then magically 125 miles later in the middle of LA we pass him so i got a chance to a pic of his :bling:

the pic doesn't do justice, those rims have to be a 24" or maybe a 26"  :smack: (look at how low pro those tires are)

I have 285 (metric) on my 08 and i have more fenderwell clearance then him. so that might help judge how big they really are...

« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010, 01:15:14 AM by Jon S »
Hillcrest Crawlers

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=67011.0

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: Jun 22, 2010, 07:55:06 AM »
Bling bling... Why would they do that to a yota???
1985 toy, Hybrid 20r/22r on propane, 30splines, custom built leaf packs, welded front and rear diffs, dual ultimate crawler, full hydro, full exo, flat bed, 37' mtrs

86bobbedtoy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: Jun 22, 2010, 08:54:43 AM »
for the bling.
theres a 2wd taco in our apts thats lifted to fit the 22s or 24s

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: Jun 22, 2010, 09:51:16 AM »
Why would someone do that???? I don't get it. I gues to each their own.

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 207
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: Jun 22, 2010, 01:54:51 PM »
Spotted this on the way to town today.

Bad thing is most around here this thing would be considered godly...

When I turned around to get pictures I fully expected to see front liftblocks, This is almost as entertaining. ELEVEN leafs in the front packs (did not bother counting in the rear but they looked very similar)  I like the angle on the sway bar (as if that suspension would give enough to need a sway bar)  And finally a nice closeup of a couple dozen flat washers used to take up the slack in the very very over long ubolts. It was the same setup in the rear, but the ubolts were facing up.  I am amazed the front ubolts are still straight, not bent over from hitting small animals or something. Course mud has alot of give, and Mall parking lots dont have many other obstacles that they could be bent on anyway.

P.S. if anyone wants this Behemoth, shoe polish on the front glass says you can have it for 9,900!!  Has the badging for the 6.0, but I thought the 6.0s had 4 links in the front. might be a 7.3 with newer badging.  Iduno... not really a ford guy enough to know for certain.

There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4
(please note, listed in order of preference)

GONZO97

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 48
  • Male Posts: 612
  • Member since Apr '09
  • travel the path less taken
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Mattress Xpress
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #2916 on: Jun 22, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »
wow :smack:
1997 4Runner Limited 3" lift on 31 M/Ts-Traded
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61054.msg749103#msg749103
1995 Xtended Cab SAS on 35's Dual Cases-Sold
1991 4Runner SAS on 33s RUF 63's in the back Bilsteins all the way around, 5.29s front and rear Detroit locked Front and Rear http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=65180.0
1988 4Runner 3.0 V6--SOLD
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=97592.msg1086573#msg1086573
1996 Toyota 4Runner 3.4 V6 3" OME Lift Springs 33" Duratracs

The Build:
Coming Soon

Sleeve of Wizzard

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 293
  • Member since Feb '09
  • It's craptaculer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »
Holy Crap!!! :jawdrop: where do you even find that many leaf springs?

tonyp2330

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 18
  • Member since Apr '10
  • My love equals her dislike...It will grow on her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:22:41 PM »
 :thumbdown:
Take it on rock at a time, next thing you know your already at the top.

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:28:36 PM »
Wow, that thing is a train wreck waiting to happen. I bet the owner thinks it's sweet tho.

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 635
  • Male Posts: 2,284
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Annihilation Fabrication
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
fix the lift/ubolts and it wouldnt be a bad truck.. btw i used to run a 9-10 leaf pack in the front of my toyota =P ruf/f150s/mix other stuff
Annihilation  Fabrication
Do you need a Hammer?
My build thingy... http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39885.0
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: Jun 22, 2010, 02:32:29 PM »
Yea, the amount of leaf springs wouldn't bother me eaither. That left sway bar bushing is shot. I think I would just get rid of that all together. I still think that thing looks like a turd.... I hope no one is offended.

Ironloki

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -3
  • Male Posts: 87
  • Member since Dec '09
  • I cant drive 55.. literally.... its so slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: Jun 22, 2010, 06:14:14 PM »
oh yea.. its a CRX on boggers.. :rivers:
If you stop evolving, you cease to exist.

Project bella👇
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64106.0;highlight=bella

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: Jun 22, 2010, 09:24:40 PM »
saw this in tahoe lame
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: Jun 22, 2010, 09:34:02 PM »
btw i used to run a 9-10 leaf pack in the front of my toyota =P ruf/f150s/mix other stuff

that many leafs it seems like it would be stiff as hell/ride like a skate board.

EDIT:  and honestly the more I look at it the more I kinda like it sure it's halfassed in some (most) areas, but most guys that build mud trucks Jack them up to where the tires are like two feet from the body. Atleast this one is kinda low, the wheel wells were nicely chewed in the rear so it did get used some.

Well, it is still a 6.0 and that alone would be enough for this thread  :gap:
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010, 09:42:23 PM by BikerTrash »
There is a fine line between clever and stupid, I just wish I knew when I crossed it.

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4

thegoofster21

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,644
  • Member since Mar '08
  • HIT IT HARD!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2925 on: Jun 22, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »
looks like it would be a 7.3
Any guy who takes his woman wheeling enjoys her. A woman who is owned is left at home to cook, clean, and keep beer cold. So if this offends you you should stop looking and go have some tacos.    :rofl2: And a beer. If your old enough.   :beerchug:   :beer:

04 Tacoma 33s http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=61454.0
jmoffroad.com

gtoyonrocks

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: Jun 22, 2010, 10:02:56 PM »
Wow, those are some SICK RIDES...

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: Jun 22, 2010, 10:10:10 PM »
that many leafs it seems like it would be stiff as hell/ride like a skate board.

not if you build them correctly :D
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Word hard, Keep your head in the game and if anyone gets in your way tell them you don't give a damn !

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: Jun 23, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »
I think its funny how you guys find some things on here to be a disgrace. Things like the CRX or that newer mustang a bunch of pages back need a lot of ingenuity to build and its cool if theyre built but even cooler if theyre functional. I dont know about you guys but if I saw an 07 mustang on the con, i would be totally stoked.

Theres a lot of toyotas, including on this forum, that should be in this thread.
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

IronClad

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: Jun 23, 2010, 09:14:01 AM »
I think its funny how you guys find some things on here to be a disgrace. Things like the CRX or that newer mustang a bunch of pages back need a lot of ingenuity to build and its cool if theyre built but even cooler if theyre functional. I dont know about you guys but if I saw an 07 mustang on the con, i would be totally stoked.

Theres a lot of toyotas, including on this forum, that should be in this thread.

Its because the majority of the people on here are the typical toyota purist that think fabbing is welding on a kit from marlin, 37x12.5's are giant tires and heaven forbid if someone likes somthing that isnt a toyota that they are wrong and should go to hell.
Do you need a Hammer?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mega Baby Huey

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 432
  • Member since Jan '07
  • Do It!
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a soda
« Reply #2930 on: Jun 23, 2010, 12:29:22 PM »

:thumbs:

lol... i think that ford is the definition of disgrace to off-road pics... not because it's a ford, but because the corners they cut making it... i agree that the lifted cars aren't really disgraces as long as they're done right... not held together with a million washers  :smack: :smack:

and in a lot of ways my truck probably fits the "disgraced" section! lol...
The Art of Flying is Actually Quite Simple! You Just Have to Throw Yourself at the Ground and Miss!!!                                   All This Global Warming is Wearing Out My Snow Shovel!!!                        Paved Roads: Just Another Example of Useless Government Spending!                                          Toyota. Moving forward... even if you don't want to...
My Old Toy

Jud

• Scumbaggin
  • Turtle Points: -261
  • Male Posts: 3,067
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Gettin it since 1990
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: Jun 23, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »
Its because the majority of the people on here are the typical toyota purist that think fabbing is welding on a kit from marlin, 37x12.5's are giant tires and heaven forbid if someone likes somthing that isnt a toyota that they are wrong and should go to hell.

HAHAHAHA
One Ton Single Cab  - http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48229

"bout tree fiddy"

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: Jun 25, 2010, 05:43:33 PM »
All that work and they put a smitty built on that CRX? Needs a tube bumper and some sliders and it would be sick. Wonder what drivetrain/frame he is running.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

BikerTrash

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: Jun 25, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »
I think its funny how you guys find some things on here to be a disgrace. Things like the CRX or that newer mustang a bunch of pages back need a lot of ingenuity to build and its cool if they're built but even cooler if they're functional. I don't know about you guys but if I saw an 07 mustang on the con, i would be totally stoked.

Theres a lot of Toyota's, including on this forum, that should be in this thread.

If it is done well then it would be a cool and unusual wheeler (which there is a thread for)  Some of the things (like the mustang a few pages back) really should be in that thread I feel. The CRX.... Cant really see well enough to tell, but just from the looks of the bumper, what looks to be a gangsta lean to the left, I would say that maybe just maybe the build quality ain't all that on it.

The other thing that might not belong in here even though I post pictures of them too) is the 4x4s on the blinged out rims. They are just disgraces to trucks in general, but they will probably never be offroad, so it is hard to be disgraceful to something you will never do (unless it is a jacked up truck on 54" boggers with no front drive shaft. then it definitely belongs in here)

But really, it is all opinion on here. I mean I could post pictures of my POS and they would DEFINATELY fit in well with the  crappy builds. it seems to work well offroad (when i can keep it running) so I have been hesitant to  change anything because one of the guys I wheel with has a 5" alpro lift, crossover steering, and a bunch of other "good stuff" nice build and what not, and it is friken scary to ride in.  Just driving up the main road at a park a few weeks ago, every time it hit a bump, or he turned it just felt "loose".  My no budget truck, except for the vibration from the swampers drives almost like my tow rig, a little rougher but still, it tracks true, and when i hit a bump it does not feel like i am going for the ditch.  wow I got sidetracked...   

Anyway, if you want to see my jalopy.  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=26344.0

Mostly the same today, Back on the rims that the thornbirds were mounted on, running stauns, camo paint, but still the same crap suspension.  next project for it is redoing the wiring so I don't have a repeat of GSMTR.  out of six days up there spend 2 days working on it getting it to start after it decided it didn't want to run after I backed it off the trailer, the ran great for 2 days, then caught fire (in camp at least)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2010, 06:00:47 PM by BikerTrash »

84 4runner
02 Suzuki V-Strom
95 Honda 1100C1
06 Ram 2500 4x4

Sleeve of Wizzard

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -1
  • Male Posts: 293
  • Member since Feb '09
  • It's craptaculer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: Jun 25, 2010, 08:44:47 PM »
not if you build them correctly :D

I'm assuming you didn't get them from the rear suspension of a semi truck. I may be wrong but that's what it looks like the ford guy did.

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: Jun 26, 2010, 10:00:49 AM »
37" tires with 22" rims...wow :shake:

:usa:
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0

Yota-Freak

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 469
  • Member since Jul '08
  • Pass tha' whiskey and that rot gut Shine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: Jun 26, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »

When I turned around to get pictures I fully expected to see front liftblocks, This is almost as entertaining. ELEVEN leafs in the front packs (did not bother counting in the rear but they looked very similar)  I like the angle on the sway bar (as if that suspension would give enough to need a sway bar)  And finally a nice closeup of a couple dozen flat washers used to take up the slack in the very very over long ubolts. It was the same setup in the rear, but the ubolts were facing up.  I am amazed the front ubolts are still straight, not bent over from hitting small animals or something. Course mud has alot of give, and Mall parking lots dont have many other obstacles that they could be bent on anyway.

P.S. if anyone wants this Behemoth, shoe polish on the front glass says you can have it for 9,900!!  Has the badging for the 6.0, but I thought the 6.0s had 4 links in the front. might be a 7.3 with newer badging.  Iduno... not really a ford guy enough to know for certain.

can you say FONTUCKY FAB!

86bobbedtoy

• Turtle Points: 686
  • Male Posts: 3,938
  • Member since Oct '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: Jun 26, 2010, 05:31:58 PM »
lol I saw that blazer on cl a while back

87hillbillyoter

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -43
  • Male Posts: 1,066
  • Member since Mar '10
  • git er duuunnn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: Jun 27, 2010, 08:35:33 AM »
haha yea thats where i found it he was trying to sell those rims and tires     http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/1811491366.html  dub big homie rims lol
1987 SAS'ed toyota 4x4 pickup 22re swap
build up- http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=75111.0

Gamera

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 218
  • Male Posts: 140
  • Member since Sep '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: Jun 27, 2010, 09:00:45 AM »