Author Topic: So I told Gotrocks we should go 4wheeling.............  (Read 7828 times)

gotrocksgirl

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 7
  • Female Posts: 35
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Learning to Crawl
    • View Profile
So I told Gotrocks we should go 4wheeling.............
« on: Nov 10, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »
Yesterday, we awoke to snow in the mountains. Naturally, I got a call from Gotrocks informing me of this new occurance. I was waiting for him to ask me if we could go to the mountains, but he never did. So, me being the incredibly WONDERFUL person that I am, suggested that we go up after his classes were over. (around 12) He seemed so stunned that I would come up with an idea like that. So alas, I found myself sitting in his buggy in the mountains freezing my butt off, but having an awesome time. ( His friends that went with us thought I was stupid to be riding in the buggy braving the cold, but I showed them. :yupyup:) It was SO much fun!

Here are a few pictures from our grand adventure. Enjoy! 

We have more but they are on a friends camera and I will post them later.

There was about 6" of snow and gotrocks was doing some cool 4wheel Drifting throwing up A LOT of snow.  It was really cold because he doesn't have any side panels on it yet and we might as well of had a snow blower throwing snow on us.
Wheelin' Rig on the way!

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 107
  • Male Posts: 2,653
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
We had an awesome time.  Tomorrow we should have some more snow and blackdiamond is over for the weekend and is going up with us.  We will make sure and take lots of pictures tomorrow.

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
awwww.... thats sooo cute, wish my girl like wheeling, or camping even :(
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

RAZOR

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Oct '05
  • It's all about the LongFields
    • View Profile
Where exactly is this at? I live on the west side of the mountain's ( Renton to be exact). Would like to find new areas to wheel.......
Finally Straight Axled, e-Locker, 5.29's, Lockright Rear, 13" travel tractor spline driveshaft, CV eliminator, Fully Gusseted front axle, Marlins almighty 5" Trail Flex lift Kit, 36" TSL's

In Marlin Crawler, I trust.
If you got the Nuts, Follow my Ruts!
Lift It, Fat Chicks Can't Jump!
Motocross, Because it Requires 2!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
awwww.... thats sooo cute, wish my girl like wheeling, or camping even :(
u need to find a new girl then.....one that likes to go on open buggy rides thru sub zero weather and mud. Actually, I need to find me one like that too :down:

Gotrocks is a lucky dude! Looks like a blast! :driving:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
dang you are such a lucky man.......

:headshake:

:yupyup: :driving:
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
yeah I can't argue.  Seriously it was her idea and she was yelling and laughing the whole time.  My buddy turboed_chevy in the gray truck could her her yelling when we were behind them going down the road.  I even went through a huge water hole at speed and completely drenched us with muddy water and she was laughing really hard..

Whats really funny is to watch her behind the wheel.  She starts to get scared sometime because she's not use to it yet.  Give her time she'll be outwheeling all you guys.  I really need to get her 4runner done so that she can wheel take that up and drive her own rig.  I can just imagine though she'll steal my buggy and make me drive the 4Runner because she's seen what the buggy can do and she'll want one of her own someday.  HAHA

gotrocksgirl [OP]

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Learning to Crawl
    • View Profile
yeah, just forget the 4 wheeler and get straight to my buggy.

And yes, I was laughing through the mudholes until I got some in my mouth.
Wheelin' Rig on the way!

gotrocksgirl [OP]

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Learning to Crawl
    • View Profile
Where exactly is this at? I live on the west side of the mountain's ( Renton to be exact). Would like to find new areas to wheel.......

We are on the eastern side of the mountains. Walla Walla to be exact.
Wheelin' Rig on the way!

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
heres a couple more pictures. I got a video to and I'll try to post that up in a few min

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
I know that one pictures is  like the earlier one but its a little brighter

rednk1980

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,295
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Pull Your Panties to the side!
    • View Profile
im so jealous theres snow like 25 miles from my house and no one will go with me. so i was stuck home all by myself. :rivers:
HOLD ON TIGHT! :driving: :hammerhead:
1983 Toyota SR5 long box bobbed 17" doved 14" bed cage, 22re, w56 tranny, working on dual cases 23 spline 4.70 twin sticks driveline disco. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear disk brakes and ff.

Snowrunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 146
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Snow God
    • View Profile
Currently over flowing with Jealousy, I hate being stuck in trichitties! Cant wait to get up there and do some wheelin wrenching and just get away from work. Alicia wants to come up too and go wheeling. Shes excited to try it out and learn!

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
well it snowed some more last night and we're heading up around 2:15 or so.  I'll make sure and get the pictures up for you all do drool over.  HAHA.  I can't tell you how excited I am to see snow in the mountains.  I hope we have A LOT this year

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
we're getting our first real snow of the year today up above 5000 ft.

I think we're going to plan a Con trip here in a few weeks.

Once again, VERY jealous!   :hahaha:
R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

RAZOR

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 143
  • Member since Oct '05
  • It's all about the LongFields
    • View Profile
well it snowed some more last night and we're heading up around 2:15 or so.  I'll make sure and get the pictures up for you all do drool over.  HAHA.  I can't tell you how excited I am to see snow in the mountains.  I hope we have A LOT this year

:yesnod:
Finally Straight Axled, e-Locker, 5.29's, Lockright Rear, 13" travel tractor spline driveshaft, CV eliminator, Fully Gusseted front axle, Marlins almighty 5" Trail Flex lift Kit, 36" TSL's

In Marlin Crawler, I trust.
If you got the Nuts, Follow my Ruts!
Lift It, Fat Chicks Can't Jump!
Motocross, Because it Requires 2!

rednk1980

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 1,295
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Pull Your Panties to the side!
    • View Profile
SNOW + WHEELIN = FUN (LOTS OF IT)  :yesnod:
HOLD ON TIGHT! :driving: :hammerhead:
1983 Toyota SR5 long box bobbed 17" doved 14" bed cage, 22re, w56 tranny, working on dual cases 23 spline 4.70 twin sticks driveline disco. Dana 44 front, Dana 60 rear disk brakes and ff.

Snowrunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Snow God
    • View Profile
How was the second trip you guys go?

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
How was the second trip you guys go?

Well I broke a ring gear and it was REALLY cold.  I gotta get the side panels on and windshield. Theres a few little bugs I need to work out but over all it was fun.  The boggers are deffinatly coming off.  Now in regards to snow.... IT IS FREAKIN DEEP.  theres up to 3 feet in places already.  I can't wait to go up again. 

Snowrunner

• Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Snow God
    • View Profile
3 feet!! o man i case you didnt know I hate my job now lol

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
ahaha.  I will be gettin back my 87 now.  My buddy's parents told him that he shouldn't get it and he asked me today if it was cool.  I thought about it and understood his dilema so I told him if he would help me get it back together this week it'd be ok.  So the 84 ex cab might be for sale agian.  I'll let you know what happens if your still interested

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Looks FREEZING but a great time! i would have to have some way to get heat, but snow looks like it would be fun to wheel in.
We've got a night ride this weekend and its supposed to be in the 50's. That's cold enough for me.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
hahaha it is cold but if you dress correctly you'll stay warm.  It was around 20 something Degrees and had a windchill factor.  Gotrocksgirl went and got in a truck halfway through the trip to warm up.  I was going through drifts and completely got covered with snow.  Its so much fun.

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
you broke a ring gear in what axle?

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
ahaha.  I will be gettin back my 87 now.  My buddy's parents told him that he shouldn't get it and he asked me today if it was cool.  I thought about it and understood his dilema so I told him if he would help me get it back together this week it'd be ok.  So the 84 ex cab might be for sale agian.  I'll let you know what happens if your still interested

It's an 85 Ex Cab.  :greengrin:

I am thinking about starting a "pool" on which rig you end up with.   :confused:

It was around 20 something Degrees and had a windchill factor.  Gotrocksgirl went and got in a truck halfway through the trip to warm up.  I was going through drifts and completely got covered with snow.  Its so much fun.

I got heat in my truck!  :nana:

Don't forget to tell them about the water hole you fell in...I don't care who you are, that's funny.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

gotrocksgirl [OP]

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Learning to Crawl
    • View Profile
Our second trip was fun, but WAAY colder then the first one, but it was fun. I don't think I will ride in the snow in the buggy again until he gets the side panels on and heat.

We are still getting snow in the mountains, but down here its just rainy and super windy at nights. I just want more snow.
Wheelin' Rig on the way!

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile

gotrocks

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '04
  • FLOOR IT!!
    • View Profile
oh and I'm working on getting heat babe.  Just gotta do one thing at a time.  I think you want me to worry more about school and the wedding right now right?

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
oh and I'm working on getting heat babe.  Just gotta do one thing at a time.  I think you want me to worry more about school and the wedding right now right?

get yer priorities straight man! she wants a heater!!!!!! if she gets cold, your on your own, lol ;)
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~