Author Topic: tail and brake lites dont work? checked fuses??.........  (Read 2057 times)

Makohon

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 83
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
tail and brake lites dont work? checked fuses??.........
« on: Oct 29, 2006, 11:42:47 PM »
its a 91 22re.... was tryin to hook up the lites on my flatbed... lite was hooked up then all of a sudden it went out... just figured it was a fuse but got around to it today and it aint the fuse.... there is no power even going to the fuse box..well there is power but just not to the terminal with the tail lite fuse... the front marker lites in the front dont work as well as the brake lites... checked every fuse in the truck that i know about ''engine compartment and by the clutch pedal''... help!!! tryin to get my year long project on the road!!
91 std cab, flatbed, 35 mtr's, aussie, 5.29's, 4.7's, twin sticks

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
wonder if it fried a relay?
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
you nkow what i was jsut thinking? its possible you fried a wire, the stock toy stuff is really thin to begin with, i would start tracing the battery to fuse box for continuity with a tester

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
damn... thats gonna be a pregnant dog is i fried a wire... i was gona look at the relays but then i didnt think theyd go bad... how do you check em?? oh ya... and yes.. those wires are very small!!

jimbo74

• Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
haha, for the relay, i jsut yank them and replace them, they cost like $2 -- if no change, then its $2 and i got a spare ;)

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Check you fuseable links. I think they should be next to the battery somewhere. If you had a good enough short they could have blown. They should look like a heavy wire built into the harness. You can put in an in line fuse in its place if you want.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
I was thinking the same thing WM!  I hate those fusible links.  I replaced all mine with fused links.  Easier to tell if they are blown!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Check you fuseable links. I think they should be next to the battery somewhere. If you had a good enough short they could have blown. They should look like a heavy wire built into the harness. You can put in an in line fuse in its place if you want.

Not sure about the 22re, but on my 91 3.0, the fusible links are in the pass. fender fusebox, and they don't look like heavy wires anymore, they look like box fuses, or relays, except they have a clear top, and you can see the link through it.  :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Makohon [OP]

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
thanks for the help everyone.... its fixed... dont ask what i did cuz i have no idea... spent a good 8-9 hours trying to figure it out... tearing apart the dash ect and then all of a sudden it started working :dunno: so im happy... just delays me driving it by two days but oh well... its been a buildup since december... hopefully ill have it all street legal by friday!!! :beer:oh by the way.... what trailer conversion hookup thing do i need to run the rear flatbed lites?? how many wires ect... any tips also when im hookin those suckers up??

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
sounds like u got a short somewhere. Hopefully it just goes away. :coffee:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Willy Mammoth

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Just look for one for any asin car with amber lights and it will work. You are tring to combine the turn with the brake lights.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0