Author Topic: What Happened to discussing tech  (Read 5981 times)

yotabj

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 116
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
What Happened to discussing tech
« on: Oct 05, 2006, 12:58:52 PM »
how come just because someone don't agree with someone with 10,000 useless posts can lock a thread because he give wrong info and gets his hand called on it.........this isn't 79coyotefrg.com this is marlincrawler.com....I don't care who you think you are this is a site for 4x4 discussion.. and if you don't like discussing the topic stay out of it
'84  Truggy EFI swap ,5.29's Detroit,welded,Dual Ultimate Cases,22re,3 in. downey,4 in.Marlin Front springs on back  114 wb ,39.5 Rockers,30 Spline Longs

yotabj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: What Happened to discussing tech
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »
O h yeah .............No one disareed with it being a bad swap it was just that some of the info was incorrect and we called your hand on it...I want to build a 20/22 hybrid for my 2wd but to get what i want in a toyota motor it takes money...20r head is a good swap but don't look for 30 hp gains by just putting a stock head on..Plain and simple
'84  Truggy EFI swap ,5.29's Detroit,welded,Dual Ultimate Cases,22re,3 in. downey,4 in.Marlin Front springs on back  114 wb ,39.5 Rockers,30 Spline Longs

yotabj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:19:51 PM »
79 coyotefrg...has locked the post but continues to run his mouth without anyone to call him out...Am I in third grade again I can't believe this joke is a moderator :rofl2:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:30:12 PM »
is someone feeling ignored?  :therethere:

79coyote locked the thread for a reason, just as he is a moderator for a reason.  Marlin trusts him to keep the board running smoothly by closing the topics that get out of hand, and maintaining some semblance of order.

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:37:28 PM »
With that thread, everybody has an opinion on that mod either good or bad.  I appreciated everybody's input.  I did other research about it also and came to the conclusion the mod wasn't necessary for me and what I do.  However, it is still intriguing to me.  I see that thread being locked is that they don't want this to become Pirate where people are afraid to say anything without being flamed.

yotabj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:38:52 PM »
I got out of hand because he didn't like what was said about his thinking...but he can lock a thread and rip others that can reply back......He has a opinion and We have a opinion.I have a right to give mine as well as he does.. I have no problem with anyone here.. I like what i like and that don't mean that you have to do it too to be right in my eyes...I run front springs in the back ...But i am not go rip anyone that runs chevy's on here,I have my own way of thinking and if someone asks the question i'll give them the most truthful answer i can..but don't expect me to sit back and listen to bull from other members

Hottrod81

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 1,392
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Full Trucker Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:42:45 PM »
I don't disagree with what you are saying.  We all have our ways of doing things.

Saber

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 50
  • Member since Apr '06
  • What up "G"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »
This board and all it's users are LUCKY to have someone like 79Coyotefrg around.  He shows an incredible amount of discipline every day by answering practically every thread.  He's more than proven his knowledge and fairness...

My  :twocents:

No whining, just solutions!   :thumbs:
***  SAS'ed '94 ext. cab - V6 auto - 4.88's - TrueTrac front & rear  ***

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »
you also need to realize, that sure his info might be wrong, but if its right in his eyes, he is allowed to voice it.

you say
I have my own way of thinking and if someone asks the question i'll give them the most truthful answer i can..but don't expect me to sit back and listen to bull from other members

well along that note, if you dont like what he has to say or dont agree with him, dont listen.... we don't expect you to sit back and listen, however, if you think your way is always the right way, and everyone elses way is wrong, then you are the one going to look like a moron....

hehe, ive got firsthand experience with this... if someone tells me somehting is different than what i believe, i get dang defensive of my point of view, thats called pride, but i can accept me being wrong if someone can disprove my way of thinking.... i am ok with someone disproving my way or what i beleive to be true
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:02:13 PM »
I got out of hand because he didn't like what was said about his thinking...but he can lock a thread and rip others that can reply back......He has a opinion and We have a opinion.I have a right to give mine as well as he does.. I have no problem with anyone here.. I like what i like and that don't mean that you have to do it too to be right in my eyes...I run front springs in the back ...But i am not go rip anyone that runs chevy's on here,I have my own way of thinking and if someone asks the question i'll give them the most truthful answer i can..but don't expect me to sit back and listen to bull from other members
I'm still not sure how he can lock a thread, then rip on other's since he hasn't said anything since he locked the thread :dunno:  Other than that, I totally agree with what you are saying.  Some people don't like buggy springs, some do, some like front springs in the rear, some like chevies.  The list goes on, but listening to "bull" from other members is sometimes a good thing.  79coyote has built a 22r/20r motor, and he is speaking from experience.  Sure, his buttometer might be off, but it is his right to say what he thinks.  Hottrod81 asked a question, and 79coyote answered it to the best of his ablility
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

yotabj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:02:13 PM »
That's just it the thread gets locked because of his pride not mine...Would you want to get bad advice if you was unsure of something and someone painted you apretty picture and you wste your time and money only to get a pile of :pokinit: in the end...I think not ...
I'm still not sure how he can lock a thread, then rip on other's since he hasn't said anything since he locked the thread :dunno:
Reply#47 is when he locked it right after he run his mouth then posted once more
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006, 02:09:54 PM by yotabj »

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »
see thats the thing, someone asked for an opinion, and someone gave their opinion based on their experience..... its up to the end user, the one spending all his $ or whatever to figure out if a certain mod is right for him/her.

if you are dumb enough to listen to what only 1 person says and disregard whatever anyone else says, then you deserve what you get....

alternate means and methods come to mind..... tehre is never just 1 right way of doing something....

there are 3 sides to every story, person a's recollection, person b's recollection, and the truth, and no one is lying.....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

yotabj [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Feb '05
  • MAD FLEX YO!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:12:07 PM »
I am dropping the matter ...I just thought that needed to be posted :blah:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #13 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:21:35 PM »
 :eek:

Post your views  :thumbs:

Flame someone's veiws :banned:

I am dropping the matter ...I just thought that needed to be posted :blah:

That is a little hard to do once you open the can and even one worm gets out.  :_oops:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #14 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:46:31 PM »
:popcorn:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #16 on: Oct 05, 2006, 02:53:22 PM »
:headscratch:

You know yotabj, you're the first one that I've seen to talk :pokinit: about Glen... everyone else on here seems to appreciate his help and advice.  Whether it's something you want to hear or not, it's a tech board, and everyone voices their opinions.  IF for ANY reason a difference of opinions gets out of hand, the thread will be locked or removed.  Obviously Glen felt that it was getting out of hand so he did what any of us moderators would have done. 

Oh yeah, and IF you back talk and bad mouth a mod, you should expect consequences :thumbs:

Carry on :beerwhack:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #17 on: Oct 05, 2006, 04:06:17 PM »
I like llamas.

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Oct 05, 2006, 04:59:30 PM »
I like sheep, but they don't like me. 

Picking a fight with a mod will only get you  :banned: If you don't like what someone has to say take it to pm or another mod, but don't start  :pokinit: on the board.

That is all.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

TRHS1980

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 234
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:29:43 PM »
For a thread with the title "What happened to discussing tech" I'm not seeing a whole lot of tech here. Mostly just   :rivers: by people with nothing better to contribute...

And for the record, building a trail capable rig that you can also rape onroad is where it's at... that way you can pass jeeps on the trail or on the road  :biggthumpup:
2007 Tacoma 4x4 6-speed on 35's

"In all affairs it's a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted."

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,059
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:37:29 PM »
...I run front springs in the back ...

If you also run rears up front then this seems like strong evidence that something swapped ends in your head.

:think:

Do you run the springs backwards as well...shackle in the front?  :smack:

For the record, I'm just kidding around  :respekt:
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #21 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:38:09 PM »
:bowdown:

For a thread with the title "What happened to discussing tech" I'm not seeing a whole lot of tech here. Mostly just   :rivers: by people with nothing better to contribute...

And for the record, building a trail capable rig that you can also rape onroad is where it's at... that way you can pass jeeps on the trail or on the road  :biggthumpup:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:41:08 PM »
If you also run rears up front then this seems like strong evidence that something swapped ends in your head.

:think:

Do you run the springs backwards as well...shackle in the front?  :smack:

For the record, I'm just kidding around  :respekt:

:bat: you dissing me? I had shackles up front and still run front's in the rear.  :disturbed:

JK, That is what this board is all about, people having fun and helping each other out.  :thumbs:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #23 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:50:34 PM »
Thanks Glen :wave:

Can I delete it now? :laugh: :hahaha:

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #24 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:52:39 PM »
:rofl:   if you want,  im kinda havin fun  :popcorn:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Oct 05, 2006, 05:53:37 PM »
did someone say LLAMAS? :wag:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Oct 05, 2006, 06:05:52 PM »
Thanks Glen :wave:

Can I delete it now? :laugh: :hahaha:

Wait.. I just finished reading but am still munching....

:popcorn: where's RS with more? :pimp:

We haven't even gotten close to :offtopic: yet. Isn't that a prerequisite in CCC?

OK here we go.. :haha:

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2006, 06:09:59 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Oct 05, 2006, 06:07:02 PM »
technically, it's two pancakes, but it's cute none the less. :yupyup:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Oct 05, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »
did someone say LLAMAS? :wag:
fear the llama!!

Where is the Mammoth?

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile