Author Topic: Swampy goes military!!!  (Read 11579 times)

SWAMPER

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 790
  • Male Posts: 3,599
  • Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
Swampy goes military!!!
« on: Sep 21, 2006, 10:54:14 PM »
I havent told alot of ppl but I am currently in the process of joining the Marines all was going well until they had to check my driving record....I had a couple of minor traffic violations the recruiter took care of them except for one....in a town called Bracketville they wont dismiss it they wont cut down the price I cant belive them! I cant belive that they wont do a hopeful marine a favor! I cant sign up if I dont pay that ticket and to tell you the truth I dont have 400 bux :down: im just so pissed that they wont throw me a bone!
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2006, 10:38:31 AM by SWAMPER »
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

jimbo74

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
Re: Military turn down!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2006, 11:00:30 PM »
how did you get  $400 ticket? the worst ticket i ever got was like 40 over the limit and that was only $250
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22, 2006, 12:08:56 AM »
I havent told alot of ppl but I am currently in the process of joining the Marines all was going well until they had to check my driving record....I had a couple of minor traffic violations the recruiter took care of them except for one....in a town called Bracketville they wont dismiss it they wont cut down the price I cant belive them! I cant belive that they wont do a hopeful marine a favor! I cant sign up if I dont pay that ticket and to tell you the truth I dont have 400 bux :down: im just so pissed that they wont throw me a bone!

:dunno:  They probably think you're trying to run out on the ticket.  I had a co-worker who tried to join the AF because he thought he could get rid of his tickets that way. :slap:  didn't work out well for him, the AF wouldn't take him until he paid it off, and the driving check tipped of the cops, and they started garnishing his wages and took his license. At least you've got hope, you just gotta get rid of the ticket.  DO they have driving school in Texas?  :dunno: In CA you can take driving school (online or mail order) and have the fine reduced.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22, 2006, 12:15:08 AM »
how did you get  $400 ticket? the worst ticket i ever got was like 40 over the limit and that was only $250

Really?!  Try doing a wheelie or stoppie on a motorbike in front of a cop.  They start at $800.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 22, 2006, 12:16:50 AM »
Really?!  Try doing a wheelie or stoppie on a motorbike in front of a cop.  They start at $800.

Mabye swamper did that in his 4runner :dunno:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2006, 12:59:24 AM »
well its a spitneck town so they jack up the price i was doing 7 over and wrote me up for 176 but i never paid it so it went to a warrant and blah blah damn bastards
1985 Toyota Pick/Up longbed...bobbed 15",  lifted 5", 36's.....http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=36992.0

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #6 on: Sep 22, 2006, 06:10:34 AM »
You're gonna have to pay it man....gotta go in clean. :yesnod:

Geno

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -82
  • Male Posts: 546
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 22, 2006, 07:50:59 AM »
I got a $1132 speeding ticket for doing 98 in a 65.  The cop was gonna arrest me for reckless driving but let me go.  Good thing he didn't clock me when I was doing 115.  I sold my Eclipse, no more fast cars for me :)
OFRD_GRL – as much as i appreciate strip clubs, i could never date a chic. they are all flopin crazy.

Weldo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 101
  • Male Posts: 454
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Use what you can, make what you can't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:08:16 AM »
well its a spitneck town so they jack up the price i was doing 7 over and wrote me up for 176 but i never paid it so it went to a warrant and blah blah damn b*stds

7 over, man that's pretty anal.  I just got a ticket for goin 62 in a 45, luckily I was just coasting down a long hill.  I've hit 90 on that hill once before in 5th gear!  The fine they gave me was around $160.  The worst part is the fine for speeding was only $59, but they hit you with all kinds of extra costs and fees.
Welders Hold the World Together!

4inchToyotas

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -260
  • Male Posts: 351
  • Member since Sep '05
  • Wheeling does exist in the ATL
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Cruisers
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:59:57 AM »
$250 for 80 in a 55 going up Mt Eagle Mtn in Chattanooga...and it was a State Trooper
2006 Tundra DC 4x4 - DD/Tow (if I can ever find a place to store a trailer)
1983 Hilux - 20/22r Weber 32/36 carb, 4" ProComp suspension, 5.29's Lockrite Front, Spool rear, 34x10.50x15 LTBs

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:41:54 AM »
You're gonna have to pay it man....gotta go in clean. :yesnod:

Yeah I know that but the thing is that if i dont pay it today I will be penalized for it since i promised in writing to take care of everything....of course that was before i knew of this!

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #11 on: Sep 22, 2006, 10:08:01 AM »
Hey Swampy! Sucks man! Sorry to hear that!

How soon do you need to pay it off? How much do you have right now? Maybe we could spot you some dough? I mean if you only need like another Franklin, then I and 4 others could spot you a Jackson maybe?

well its a spitneck town so they jack up the price i was doing 7 over and wrote me up for 176
Man, when I first read that, I was like, GEEZ! WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT 169 MPH ZONE??
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Online Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2158
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #12 on: Sep 22, 2006, 10:09:08 AM »
Yeah I know that but the thing is that if i dont pay it today I will be penalized for it since

ohhh dang dude.... What have you been doing, slacker? I once let a $10 parking ticket go to $60 and I WAS PISSED but it was my own fault :smack:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

boggerunner

• Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sep 22, 2006, 10:19:02 AM »
here in co, the cops dont really bust the oilfield trucks, but the dot makes lots of money off them with those darn porta scales, and for runnin red diesel

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,055
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sep 22, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »
Me  :slap: Swamper

Why didn't you pay the ticket?  It seems that the only responsible thing to do is to pay the ticket or contest it in court.

The motto for the U.S. Marines is, "The Few, The Proud, The Marines," and it doesn't include, "The Irresponsible."

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you should be greatful that the recruiter took care of the other violations, that were your responsibility to handle, and you only have one remaining issue.

Good Luck getting things straightened out.  I hope the military is everything you want it to be!  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2006, 12:08:29 PM by blackdiamond »
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sep 22, 2006, 02:12:49 PM »
sell something, i mean for the next few years you won't see many of your possesions period.

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 22, 2006, 11:20:17 PM »
i was irrisponsible because I still wasent a marine! oh btw guys i got it taken care of....i had to borrow the cash from my mom....sent it express! also had to pay 40 bux to overnite my high school transcrips from brownsville cause my mom cant find the diploma :(

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 22, 2006, 11:21:56 PM »
FYI i am good now clean record and I lost the pounds that i needed to I will go on deck monday and take both test's after that i have till january to get ready for boot camp :thumbsup:

toyman1994

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -32
  • Male Posts: 59
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own...
    • View Profile
    • Wheeling Arizona
« Reply #18 on: Sep 23, 2006, 05:00:23 AM »
Good job and congrats man.  hope it all works the way you are looking for.  Just do me and the rest of us in the military a favor, if it doesn't turn out to be what you want, buck up, finish it out proud, and go on your way when your time is up.  It'll make your's and your NCO/Chain of Command's life a whole lot easier.  I've seen too many people come into this, raise hell, make themselves a problem and then complain because no one wants to help them.

Really I wish you the best.  If you want or need any info or advice, let me know.
RynsToy
SAS'd and Caged 94 PU on it's 4th set of tires in 6 months and hasn't moved an inch, currently, stock '65 GMC wheels.

RIP: Corporal Victor M. Langarica - 20 Jan 2007

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 23, 2006, 05:41:01 AM »
Glad to hear it's working out for you Swampy! Young and irresponsible is now behind you. You have a huge future ahead of you! :usa: make us proud! :thumbs: :smooch:

and don't forget :worthless: Brainless will just love to see you in uniform! :yupyup:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »
Oh gosh im not posting pics then....well toyman im not one to pregnant dog and moan about my situations I adapt to them and in cases make them adapt to me....hey what branch are you in?

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Swampy goes military!!!
« Reply #21 on: Sep 23, 2006, 01:50:39 PM »
Oh gosh im not posting pics then....
  :hahaha: well then do it for us gals, you know we love a man in uniform. :drool:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 23, 2006, 02:50:51 PM »
I will try  :sly:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #23 on: Sep 23, 2006, 07:52:18 PM »
BF is going to be so sad! :rivers:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

toyman1994

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
    • Wheeling Arizona
« Reply #24 on: Sep 23, 2006, 10:46:23 PM »
Oh gosh im not posting pics then....well toyman im not one to pregnant dog and moan about my situations I adapt to them and in cases make them adapt to me....hey what branch are you in?

That's good, keep that attitude and you will do just fine.  I'm active Army, but I do have a brother in the Marines.  Right now in the time and age, we all work together.
RynsToy
SAS'd and Caged 94 PU on it's 4th set of tires in 6 months and hasn't moved an inch, currently, stock '65 GMC wheels.

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sep 24, 2006, 12:02:39 PM »
I agree toyman everyone talks crap about the other branches and thats fine but we know that in the end were all working together for the same goal

toyman1994

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
    • Wheeling Arizona
« Reply #26 on: Sep 24, 2006, 09:53:07 PM »
you got it man!!
RynsToy

SWAMPER [OP]

• Member since May '04
  • Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Sep 26, 2006, 12:12:49 AM »
I took my test's today guy's and I did pretty good they placed me in the Alpha team (fyi theres Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie) i swear in tomorrow only because I had to get a 2nd opinion on my eye's but that is not a problem my eyes were verefied and stamped with aproval :thumbsup:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #28 on: Sep 26, 2006, 11:15:29 AM »
 :usa: