Author Topic: We'll Miss You Dean  (Read 93119 times)

Ferg

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 416
  • Male Posts: 577
  • Member since May '03
  • That was EASY!!
    • View Profile
We'll Miss You Dean
« on: Sep 17, 2006, 07:59:13 PM »

Another link:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509887

Used to work for Marlin and was going to restart next week.

http://www.hanfordsentinel.com/articles/2006/09/18/news/daily02.txt

HANFORD - Two men and a woman died in two separate car accidents, which occurred within an hour of each other Sunday, the California Highway Patrol reported.

At 12:22 p.m. on Grangeville Boulevard and Sixth Avenue, two local residents were killed in a motor vehicle accident the CHP reported.

John Michael Yparrea, 22, was driving westbound on Grangeville Boulevard in his 2006 Chevy Colorado, approaching the Sixth Avenue intersection. The CHP said the Lemoore man did not stop at the stop sign, and was going at least 55 mph.

Ladawna Tyler, 38, of Kingsburg was driving north on Sixth Avenue in her 2004 GMC Sonoma pickup, and saw Yparrea run the stop sign, the CHP said. Tyler applied her brakes, but the left front of Yparrea's vehicle hit the right front of Tyler's vehicle.

After the vehicle collided, Tyler's truck overturned onto its right side and spun around out of control through the intersection before coming to rest in a dirt field.

Travis Tyler, 41, of Kingsburg, a passenger in the Sonoma, died at the scene. Yparrea, who was not wearing a seat belt, also died in the crash.

Ladawna Tyler suffered major injuries and was transported to University Medical Center, Fresno. She was reported in stable condition this morning.
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2006, 06:01:39 PM by BigMike »
Some idiots are too busy knowing it all, to ever learn anything...

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
Well Miss You Dean
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:01:53 PM »
Not exactly how I would have put it, but since im getting several pm's about it since it was posted on the pirate board, I thought those here who knew him best should hear it here.

Dean, aka 4thwknd was killed in a very bad car accident today. His wife is doing better.

Dean was a great guy, he will be missed.

Willy Mammoth

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: Well Miss You Dean
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:15:15 PM »
Not exactly how I would have put it, but since im getting several pm's about it since it was posted on the pirate board, I thought those here who knew him best should hear it here.

Dean, aka 4thwknd was killed in a very bad car accident today. His wife is doing better.

Dean was a great guy, he will be missed.

Say it ain't so  :rivers: I met him at Marlins shop and MCR5. He was a great guy and would talk to you like you were a friend no matter who you were. I hope his wife is doing OK and hope they pull through this time of uncertainty. This has got me all worked up and I just don't want to believe it.

Things like this can happen to us all and you can never be prepared for it when it happens.

RIP Dean, you will be missed.   :rivers: :rivers:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: R.I.P Dean Tyler
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »
OH my God,  i cant believe it
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:24:18 PM »
This is a sad sad day. I hope his wife is ok and is well taken care of. If there is any way we can all get together and help we need some info as to how.

RIP Dean, you will be missed.   :rivers:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:37:30 PM »
Wow that is tragic. Prayers to him and his family.

Wasnt he just at MCR5 too?
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

yotaboy79

• stuck in the shop
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: -19
  • Male Posts: 2,838
  • Member since Aug '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:39:54 PM »
rip like mark sead if theres any thing i can do to help let me know

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:45:09 PM »
I just talked to Marlin,  he  was in shock as i guess we all are,  I wish i could help with something besides prayer 

will his wife  be alright??  Dave  do you know??
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:47:02 PM »
Wow that is tragic. Prayers to him and his family.

Wasnt he just at MCR5 too?
yes,  and Marlin said he had talked to him earlier today,   he was to come back to work for him tomorrow

4.3 headache

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -182
  • Male Posts: 321
  • Member since Aug '03
  • keep goin!!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: Sep 17, 2006, 08:48:42 PM »
I don't want to believe this......

I just spoke to him at mcr5. he seemed pretty happy about going back to work at the shop.

my thoughts & prayers go out to his wife and family.
all i want is a little more than i'll ever get!!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sep 17, 2006, 09:03:51 PM »
This is so sad, my prayers go out to his wife. Are there any other children? This just goes to show you how quickly the world as you know it can change. My daughter still feels guilty almost seven years after my wife was killed, because the last time they spoke…they had an argument. We always make it a point, even during the turbulent teen years, to end every conversation by telling each other that we love one and other. Before it’s too late…let the people you love know how you feel.
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

Marlin

• Inspirational Genius
  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 856
  • Member since Sep '02
  • MC³ = 1,148:1
    • View Profile
    • Marlin Crawler
« Reply #11 on: Sep 17, 2006, 09:12:45 PM »
I had spoke to Dean a couple of times last Friday, helping him get an injector wiring problem fixed on a truck that I had rebuilt the cylinder head for.

I am also in shock and am concerned about Ladonna and her condition as well.

They are in our prayers.

Marlin and Christine
1980 Toyota - 1997 3RZ-FE 2.7l Engine, Turbo R151F 4.31:1, Triple Turbo Marlin Crawler Billet (2.28x4.70x4.70) = 1,148:1 Crawl Ratio, Marlin Crawler Twin Stick and Short Throw Shift Kits, 30mm H/D Output Shaft, High Angle Drive Lines, 5.29:1, ARBs, High Pinion Front, 25mm HD Billet High Steer Kit, 6 Pin Locking Hub Bodies, 86+ Wide Rear End, V6 3rd member, Chromolly Axles all around, 37" IROKs with Beadlocks, York onboard air - Rollbar air tank, Premier Power Welder, Marlin Crawler 4" USA-made Leaf Springs, Bilstein Shocks, et cetera....

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sep 17, 2006, 09:14:47 PM »
what a senseless tragedy. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly life can change. You just never know.
Our deepest condolences to all Dean's loved ones. He was such a nice guy, I'm glad I got to see him at MCR5.
RIP.
Is there somewhere to send sympathy cards and such? Any word on donations to be made in his name or something like that? 
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

AaronB

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 287
  • Male Posts: 2,452
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Wish I Was Crawling
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #13 on: Sep 17, 2006, 09:21:12 PM »
thats horrible about the unborn child. thats what hits me most just because my wife is pregnant. I couldnt imagine. abnormaltoy said the truth. you have to tell your loved ones that you care no matter how mad you are. I lost my father this year and never got the chance to tell him I loved him.
"Never make your passion your occupation. it will loose it's luster and become work. that's why i never wanted to become a gynecologist!"

I also taught him how to put in 5min of hard work and then spend 15min staring and admiring what you have done...

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #14 on: Sep 17, 2006, 09:36:57 PM »
I've noticed that Dean was an awsome man and was truly blessed, and through his blessings he touched so many other people, as well as myself. It's awsome and it brings tears to my eyes to see all the support that his memory has from his friends.

It's upsetting to think that God allowed this to happen, but then we must think of all the work that Dean has done for so many people. All the people that appreciated him and people that are affected by his living and passing.

Over the past year or so I have heard Dean's name come up quiet a few times. Whether it was from a friend that visited the shop and hung out with him, or whether it was just someone talking on the board about his great customer service, it was all great!

We finally had the honor of meeting him in person at the roundup last Saturday. We hung out for about an hour and talked about his marriage and child on the way. He was so proud he was glowing. In that short hour I realized what a great guy he was and was honored to have met him, and the honor i feel now doesn't even compare to how I felt last week.

We will continue to keep LaDawnna in my prayers that she makes a full recovery emotionally and physically.

RIP Dean, you are missed.

Justina and Matt
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006, 12:29:23 PM by FordFreakChik »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2124
  • Male Posts: 18,289
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #15 on: Sep 17, 2006, 09:39:58 PM »
Chris Geiger failed to mention that Dean has been an Employee for Marlin Crawler for the past two years. He took a couple of months off work for family matters, and he is scheduled to resume work starting tomorrow.

Dean is one of my best friends and I really loved working side-by-side with the guy at Marlin's. Some might know him well from his 3RZ Project Thread (from here and here) and from modeling our Front Bumper on our website, which is a picture that I shot and Geiger linked above.

This news has hit us all very hard and he will forever be remembered. He was on the Central Valley Highway (Hwy43) returning home from Hanford when a car ran a stop sign and struck Dean's vehicle.

It doesn't make any sense for this to happen to such a great guy as Dean.
I understand that his Wife is doing well right now after loosing the baby earlier today. This would have been their first born child as they were preparing to become parents for the first time.

Very tragic. Unbelievable. When I first heard the news at about 2:30pm today everyone was very confused and had multiple stories with conflicting information. Most of us thought that Dean was just badly injured and was in the hospital, but it was later confirmed that he was killed at the scene.

:(

He was last working on the Project Family Cruiser
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

nightcrawler

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Member since May '02
  • aarrgghh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sep 17, 2006, 10:18:07 PM »
I'm having a hard time believing this. I spoke with Dean periodically at the shop, met him twice at MCR 4 & 5. The last time we spoke was at the round up, he was thrilled to be daddy and eager to go back to work with Marlin. Again, I'm having a hard time believing that Dean is gone.

I will like to send my condolences to Dean's wife Ladonna. Where will I be able to get the address to send her a card and such?

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sep 17, 2006, 10:27:40 PM »
I had not posted anything on this subject because I thought that Steve or TracVino would be better to pass the news, but some how Geiger found out about it and posted it on Pirates.

I am sure that tomorrow Steve will pass on more information so please check back again later tomorrow.

Regards, :down:
BigMike

CruzrDave

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 441
  • Male Posts: 4,631
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Sep 17, 2006, 10:40:43 PM »
I’m having a hard time with this one. It doesn’t seem real. Not only did we lose a member of the Marlin Crawler family but I lost a good friend. I will miss Travis "Dean" Tyler. Dean and his family are in my prayers.
Taking back America, one part at a time! :madeinusa:

Reynolds

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 491
  • Member since May '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sep 17, 2006, 10:52:09 PM »
I heard about the news and couldn't believe it happened. Dean helped me a lot with getting my Marlin setup dialed in, he is in my prayers for sure. Good luck to his family, my deepest condolences as well.  :rivers: :(
-Brian

Duffil

• *lurker*
  • Turtle Points: 138
  • Male Posts: 4,844
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • PhotoBucket
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #20 on: Sep 17, 2006, 10:55:07 PM »
I can't believe this...

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sep 17, 2006, 11:31:35 PM »
What can you really say?!  It's always amazing how a life of many years can be ended so quickly at the hand of a fool.  I hope his wife and family will be able to deal with the pain well.  I can't imagine the absolute pit of your gut feeling she must have right now.  Good luck to her, I hope she's strong!!!     RIP Dean
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1051
  • Male Posts: 9,755
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sep 18, 2006, 12:06:49 AM »
Events like this beg the question:  why do things like this happen to good, productive and responsable members of society when so many scuzzballs freely roam the earth?  There are so many people who are deserving of a fate so ill, yet are spared by lifes' cruel fate.  Sorry, don't mean to rant, life is perpetually confusing!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sep 18, 2006, 02:04:11 AM »
They would have been married 20 years next month!

It sickens us to be living up here in Oregon, and there's nothing that we can do as a family!  I've got say that we did have a awesome family vacation with them in July and Dean has me hooked on rock crawling, since he took me on my first trip to coyote lake.  I will greatly miss a truly honest and caring individual, that was an influence to all!  I was looking forward to getting my toyota and taking it to Dean and have him help me set it up! 

Kneedownnate, I feel the same!  You've nailed it!  Those scuzzballs would have been refered to as "SQUIRRELS!"  If you've known Dean personally, you'll know what that means!

:inthedark:  Here's a candle burning in his honor and that LaDawna recovers!  I'll be praying!

« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2006, 07:09:24 PM by crazywb »
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sep 18, 2006, 02:58:51 AM »
Damn,that sucks!!!!...I met Dean last Friday night on Walker Hill @ The Rubicon and caravaned into Little Sluice with him and a couple of other Marlin Guys.Hung out with him for a while and seemed like a really cool guy.Just goes to show you how quick life changes.*bit off topic* a few months ago my cousin had sold some rims to a friend of ours who lived by my house,I brought the rims home so that I could give them to him,and my cousin calls me the next day to tell me that he had been killed that morning by a truck.It was very sad for me to hear that,he was 24 y/o and has a 5 year old son.RIP Danny**...Sucks to hear stuff like that and makes you realize how valuable,yet not guaranteed life really is...RIP DEAN,and I hope his family makes it through all this.I will keep them in my prayers.
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

WhiteRhino

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 26
  • Member since Feb '06
  • "Team Rhino"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sep 18, 2006, 05:06:25 AM »
My prayers go out to Deans wife & family.
I had just talked to Dean a few weeks ago ........ he was in a Home Depot kitchen class & I was a guest speaker talking about kitchen design.
He was joking with me about this new line of work & was looking forward to getting back with the Marlin crew.

I had spoke to Marlin Fri night & was told Dean was starting back Mon (today) & I was planning on stopping by to say hi ......... what a total shock

Pat Mosley  4x4Him
55 Willys Wagon
350TBI. 700R4
Atlas 4 speed
On 37s with A/C
For a cool ride

SHLRJP

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Aug '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sep 18, 2006, 06:44:26 AM »
Prayers for Dean's wife and his family - glad to have had the opportunity to meet Dean at the roundup - life is so confusing sometimes, but thankfully God is always there.

Todd
Coarsegold, CA
4x4HIM

The General

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -8
  • Male Posts: 14
  • Member since Feb '04
  • The General 4X4HIM.org
    • View Profile
    • 4X4HIM.ORG
« Reply #27 on: Sep 18, 2006, 06:56:57 AM »
Our Prayers go out to Dean's wife and Family.
dean was a great guy we will miss him.
also Prayer for the guys at Marlins shop ,as this will be hard as close as they all are.
85 4 Runner Stacked cases with Sky's skid, Welded rear, Detroit front, 5.29's, 4 inch lift, 35 inch Xterrians, Custom bumpers and cage, Love to wheel with Christ by my side.

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
« Reply #28 on: Sep 18, 2006, 08:24:09 AM »
Local Newspaper - Fresno Bee -

Two killed in traffic accident

Two people were killed Sunday afternoon after two vehicles collided at an intersection east of Hanford, authorities said.

The names of the deceased were not made public Sunday, but a woman who suffered major injuries in the wreck was identified as Ladawna Tyler, 38, of Kingsburg, according to the California Highway Patrol.

The CHP reported that a 22-year-old Lemoore man was heading west on Grangeville Boulevard while Tyler was traveling north on Sixth Avenue.

The Lemoore man ran the stop sign at the intersection, and slammed into the vehicle Tyler was driving, according to the CHP.

The man, and Tyler's passenger, a 41-year-old Kingsburg man, were killed.

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Member since Apr '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sep 18, 2006, 08:48:31 AM »
A 22 yr old kid!! :ack: :censored: :lipsrsealed: