Author Topic: Road Rage?  (Read 8966 times)

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
Road Rage?
« on: Jan 26, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »
Today coming home from school I was involved in a road rage incident. In the school parking lot I was nearly hit by a Bronco and I threw up my hand because he was going wayy too fast in the lot and was on the wrong side of the road. I start to drive away and I notice them following me. We come down 132nd in totem lake with him behind me. I take a right at the light and theyre still behind me. At the intersection with 124th they pull up beside me and start yelling at me so I move over to the turn lane thinking theyre blocked in. Somehow they come in behind me and 2 guys jump out of the truck and the girl stays in. I lock my car as they get to my back window and they start beating on my windows (couldnt get through thank god) and yelling at me to get out and fight and some other crap. The guy in the truck next to me was on the phone with the cops but when the light turned green and I drove off to get away from them.

Is there anything I can legally do with this? I dont want it happening again and these guys have already messed with my car once when they didnt have any reason to, and now they have crossed this line it might get a lot worse. I can get a liscense plate # tomorrow if there is anything I can do about it. If I do call in will they be able to link my call to the call the guy in the truck made today?
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Road Rage?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »
You might try inviting them to wheel with ya....

You know, the whole heaping coals of fire thing :dunno:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2006, 02:43:32 PM »
Did you throw up your hand? or was it an obscene gesture??  Not that it really matters, but if you really didn't do anything to agitate them...  Your best bet would have been to get the plate of the guy calling the cops, that way you could use that to track him down as a witness.  Other than that, I don't think there is much you can do, unless they actually damaged your car?  You could report it, but I don't think it'd do annything.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2006, 02:45:27 PM »
Do you have a campus police officer? You could talk to them about the incident.

:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2006, 02:57:16 PM »
I think I just threw up a hand, not a finger as in a WTF? Apparently I have an appointment with the school people tomorrow (my mom found out). They didnt damage my car but tomorrow may be another story. I think I am driving the truck tomorrow. Seriously if I was in the truck I may have had to "make room to get away" with the back bumper (the bronco was behind me). I think someone called the cops, it's kind of hazy now. I didnt have my cell phone in my car (stupid mistake to make), I thought about that even before they got out of their car, when they were chasing me I was like ok 1. Call cops...damn! 2. DONT GO HOME!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2006, 03:01:00 PM »
Do you have a campus police officer? You could talk to them about the incident.

Report it to the school and to local police as well. That way you have some documentation on record that there have been past incidents in the event that another one takes place. Often times in road rage incidents it is hard to prove one side at fault.   If the police talk to the offending party though it might make them leave you alone or it could make matters worse.
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2006, 03:09:05 PM »
Well the WRX is getting parked in front of cameras tomorrow and it is being handled as a school matter so most likely theyre gonna be out because theyre all on acedemic probation and I dont even think they go to class, they just hang out in the parking lot and do coke. Both the kirkland cops and the school are gonna be talked to tomorrow.

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2006, 03:41:36 PM »
............... click click pull
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2006, 03:45:35 PM »
I wouldnt go and shoot someone, but that chunk of metal in my backseat that I have for class was looking like a good defense tool.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2006, 04:01:33 PM »
I wouldnt go and shoot someone, but that chunk of metal in my backseat that I have for class was looking like a good defense tool.

I carry a 4 "D" maglite right next to me for those types of situations.  One time a guy next to me at a stoplight threw out an ENTIRE Glad trash bag full of trash out the window of his festiva.  I looked over at him and said "WTF are you doing?"  He did'nt like me questioning his actions and proceeded to get out and start banging on my windows and screaming obscenities. I was kind of scared because he was obviously crazy.  I'm not a violent person but have sometimes you can anger someone without even being aware. 
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2006, 04:18:31 PM »
I carry a 4 "D" maglite right next to me for those types of situations.  One time a guy next to me at a stoplight threw out an ENTIRE Glad trash bag full of trash out the window of his festiva.  I looked over at him and said "WTF are you doing?"  He did'nt like me questioning his actions and proceeded to get out and start banging on my windows and screaming obscenities. I was kind of scared because he was obviously crazy.  I'm not a violent person but have sometimes you can anger someone without even being aware. 

I keep the same thing tnext to me.  As well as a 2 1/2 foot long piece of 2 inch water pipe that I use as my "breaker" bar :yupyup:  I've had one incident where I couldn't go anywhere, and I sure as hell wasn't going to stay in my truck, waiting for the guy to come to me.  He started coming up with a hammer, I got out with my flashlight, he turned around and ran back to his car. :haha:  Course, it might have had something to do with me being 6'6" and about 260  :yupyup:  so best advice WA4x4, get bigger, and taller :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2006, 04:39:45 PM »
get bigger, and taller :Thumbs Up:

thats what she said   :rofl:
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »
Thats some serious  :bull crap:  man.  I hate people who act like that, the type of people who need a good ol' fashion passionate ass whooping. 

Hell, I have a half day tommorrow I would come up there and give you a hand stomping them.  Or at least watch your car for ya'.

Like Blackdog said, It is nice being big. :gap:   6'4 270, and i  :muscles:  I can give you some spec's if you want :eyebrow:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2006, 05:43:16 PM »
The worst thing to do nowdays is to carry a pipe, actual club or a bat!  Cops see those and know what they are in the rig for!  BUT a 4D mag light is not considered a weapon even though they teach cops how to use them as weapons!  A buddy got caught with a billy club in his rig once, even though he used it strickly for fish, he still got in trouble!  I just don't know how picky your local police are!

The best thing to do if they start to follow you around on the streets, is to keep your cell phone with ya, and just keep them on your tail until police show up!   
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2006, 05:51:14 PM »
The worst thing to do nowdays is to carry a pipe, actual club or a bat! Cops see those and know what they are in the rig for! BUT a 4D mag light is not considered a weapon even though they teach cops how to use them as weapons! A buddy got caught with a billy club in his rig once, even though he used it strickly for fish, he still got in trouble! I just don't know how picky your local police are!

The best thing to do if they start to follow you around on the streets, is to keep your cell phone with ya, and just keep them on your tail until police show up!

I had a friend that got mugged by a maglight. they shined it in his face, then POP!  he was messed up for a few days, black and blue.
RIP KYOTA

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »
speaking as a truck driver that has woke up in the gutter of a truckstop with half my blood running down the hill , and delivered frieght into HuntsPoint Market in NewYork :nerv: , and jefferson avenue in Detroit MI, :aaa: you might find it interesting when i tell you i keep a small flat screw driver in the console,  for years i carried one in my shirt pocket after said incident. 
 the evil  can see you put your lead lined tire thumper away and then walk towards the restaurant,  but when they come up and tell you they want your wallet  they never even think why you reach for your shirt pocket.  :eyebrow:
i have had one cop see it and question it  and i happen to know he was a former Navy Seal. 

i shall say no more :lipsrsealed:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:29:44 PM »
oh  and lets not forget  east St Louis  :bricked:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:33:18 PM »
Ever seen the 6 cell Mag lights :yupyup:

I used mine for an ax one time cause that was all I could find at the time.

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:34:46 PM »
Ever seen the 6 cell Mag lights :yupyup:

the 3 d cell work better, easier to control... the 6 is a beast and hard to stop momentum once its swinging
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:36:17 PM »
Thats the point, but when it makes contact  :hammer:  :disturbed:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:39:59 PM »
Thats the point, but when it makes contact :hammer: :disturbed:

if it makes contact is the problem.... a 3 d that is controlable is more effective than a 6 d that you cant control.....

when you look at law enforcement they have a flashlight about 14" long... not a flashlight that is 30" long when they walk up to your car @ night....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:42:35 PM »
if it makes contact is the problem.... a 3 d that is controlable is more effective than a 6 d that you cant control.....

when you look at law enforcement they have a flashlight about 14" long... not a flashlight that is 30" long when they walk up to your car @ night....
14" mag light  would take 6 D cell batteries :werd:

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:46:22 PM »
I just tell them there # 1
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:46:41 PM »
Aww come on you are taking this too serious. I should have said a 12 cell maybe that would do the job.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »
now i gotta go get my maglite and count them dang batteries :snere:

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:47:51 PM »
I'm not much of a fighter, I just wasn't raised that way I guess you could say. Yes I have thrown my share of punches and won a fight or two but I don't enjoy it.

I would much rather settle this the "correct" way which may not be the most popular but nobody can say I did the wrong thing. I used to carry a knife on me (not against any rules if the blade is 4" or less) but I stopped doing that because I was afraid that if I was in a serious confrontation that I would use it.

Right now if you breathe on my driver's side window you can clearly see 3 or 4 fist marks clustered in one area, clearly aiming for my head if he broke through. I haven't looked at the rest of the window or closely at the door to see if he did anything to the door. I don't think I will be driving the WRX tomorrow or until this is settled (school says he should be out for good this week) and then I will start driving my car. Tomorrow I will borrow my dad's car and if it isnt settled by monday I will drive the truck.

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:52:14 PM »
i think you did the right thing,  but  you should have reported it to the police asap,  keep your distance cause these punks are going to go down,  i would drive the ford F250 

wa4x4 [OP]

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jul '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »
We just loaded the truck up with garbage so my dad is driving that tomorrow. But I know where they park and I know where to park without them seeing me park the car there. My car stands out in a crowd too much, even if I park next to the other WRX's at school.

Willy Mammoth

• Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26, 2006, 07:05:47 PM »
You are right, you should let the school or the cops handle it.

BTW glen here is mine.