Author Topic: question for high schoolers  (Read 6870 times)

cruzila

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
question for high schoolers
« on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:03:43 PM »
have you ever been asked to write a report based on the veiwpoint of a Sierra clubber?? :puke:  :smack:
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Re: question for high schoolers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:05:51 PM »
I am guessing this was proposed to your kids?
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

whiteman

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 669
  • Male Posts: 1,276
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:19:55 PM »
Am I stupid, because i have no idea what you are talking about. :headscratch:

Ramrod

• smelling like vag and loving it
  • Turtle Points: -59
  • Male Posts: 3,600
  • Member since Jan '05
  • fully bodied & Fully getting it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:32:12 PM »
I am taking natural resource management classes and pretty much everything done in that class if from the perspective of a sierra clubber, if people knew how much I didn't like them I would probably be alot less liked by the teacher

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:32:53 PM »
Am I stupid, because i have no idea what you are talking about. :headscratch:

you're sure you want the answer  :headscratch:
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2005, 05:44:10 PM »
oh yah my classes are at a junior college

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2005, 08:28:54 PM »
Protest it man, that kind of short sided liberal biased bs doesn't belong in the schools you and I pay for!  It's one thing if a student chooses to write such a paper on their own, but altogether another if forced.  Tell them to "accidentally" write a report on the sahara club (if they still exist  :dunno:  ) and claim ignorance.....wait, isn't ignorance what the sierra club is based on?!
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Ramrod

• Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2005, 10:02:20 PM »
 :funny:  I get tired of it sometimes but usually just block it out and get in and out of class

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2005, 02:31:49 AM »
have you ever been asked to write a report based on the veiwpoint of a Sierra clubber?? :puke:  :smack:

:yikes:   Ouch!! 
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2005, 01:31:05 PM »
i've never heard of the sierra club, not so sure i wanna know either. (i'm in high school, never had a report on it obviously)
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

MiniSimp

• Outdoor Enthusiast
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 5,120
  • Member since Jan '05
  • SimpsonBrothers.net
    • View Profile
    • Simpson Brothers Photography
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2005, 01:37:59 PM »
What is the report on?
What subject?

cruzila [OP]

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #11 on: Nov 20, 2005, 09:16:18 PM »
A friends son told me this the other day. i need to talk to him and get more specifics. he goes by toygrr2 here. i was hoping he would see it.
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

BigMike

• Administrator
  • Turtle Points: 2159
  • Male Posts: 18,292
  • Member since Apr '02
  • 511:1 Club
    • View Profile
    • Bone-Stock Plane-Jane 1981 Shortbed Pickup
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2005, 10:55:36 AM »

"Sierra Club Home Page: Explore, Enjoy and Protect the Planet"
http://www.sierraclub.org

I F'N HATE THE SIERRA CLUB AND I WISH THEY WOULD LEAVE US WHEELERS ALONE. Power to the people, not power from the people :slap:
Check out our new Rock Crawling Videos!
2016 56-speed 580:1 Tacoma Rock Crawler   
1981 36-speed 511:1 3RZ-FE Rock Crawler
1987 6-speed Supercharged 4A-GZE MR2
Instagram: @SlowestTacoma
Things are only impossible until they are not.
"The worst of both worlds, the best of neither." -abnormaltoy
"An informed question. But difficult to answer. I am what you see." -Nanaki

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »
Why is every one all mad at the Sierra club? I mean do they not know how to make a good drink there or what?

Now I've never been to the "sierra club" butt I'm sure it swings on a sat. night.

And if the buncers don't throw ya out, whys it not good? :dunno:

OMG! I just tought of some thing elas, It's a disco club anit it? :reg:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

PrettyTacoLover

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Be Green
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:54:06 PM »
Protest it man, that kind of short sided liberal biased bs doesn't belong in the schools you and I pay for! It's one thing if a student chooses to write such a paper on their own, but altogether another if forced. Tell them to "accidentally" write a report on the sahara club (if they still exist :dunno: ) and claim ignorance.....wait, isn't ignorance what the sierra club is based on?!

whats all this beef with the sierra club about?  I guess if ignorance means helping to save and protect our planet then the sierra club is based on ignorance. but i don't think that is the deffinition of ignorance (or what the sierra club is based on)...

ig·no·rance  n.  The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed

if you ask me you're the ignorant one kneedownnate, making an unintelligent comment like that. if our counrty wasn't filled with ignorant, conservative ass's who don't care about the environment, we would have a much safer and cleaner country.

PrettyTacoLover

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Be Green
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 25, 2005, 09:58:29 PM »
Check out the club's website to find out what they're really about...

http://www.sierraclub.org/

and everyone join the virtual march
http://www.stopglobalwarming.org/
 :thumbs:

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:13:12 PM »
whats all this beef with the sierra club about?  I guess if ignorance means helping to save and protect our planet then the sierra club is based on ignorance. but i don't think that is the deffinition of ignorance (or what the sierra club is based on)...

ig·no·rance  n.  The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed

if you ask me you're the ignorant one kneedownnate, making an unintelligent comment like that. if our counrty wasn't filled with ignorant, conservative ass's who don't care about the environment, we would have a much safer and cleaner country.
Are you serious kiddo, 99% of us on this board care about the environment. The first thing your beloved Sierra club would do to you at one of their meetings would be to take the keys of your 4x and bend you over. They are eco terrorist as far as I'm concerned.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:16:34 PM »
You put that gay ass sierra club :pokinit: on this forum and your not going to win any friends  :slap: You don't have a clue what they're up to junior :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:

[This post will probably be deleted]  :hahaha:   

[not deleted but editted for content ;) ]
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2005, 03:35:43 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

PrettyTacoLover

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Be Green
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:32:32 PM »
what has the sierra club ever done to you personally?  And i know many of you dislike the sierra club, believe me i've already made a lot of enemys on this board i'm not looking to make friends here.  but explain this to me, if 99% of people on this board care about the environment, then why do you hate the sierra club? that seems a bit hypocrytical

I don't see why my post should be deleated. it's my honest opinion.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2005, 03:36:42 PM by MrsWillyMammoth »

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »
Oh where oh where do I start?!  Well, back in the early 90s the president of the sierra club wanted to save the redwoods, so she had a bunch of them cut down so she could build a house in the heart of them......to "protect" them.  Yea, that makes sense.  I've known plenty about those damn tree huggers for a lot longer than you've been alive, and know that there are right and wrong ways to go about trying to better our planet.  I grew up in a small logging town and saw first hand what the different logging techniques have done, and know the impact that a bunch of bleeding heart liberals can have on entire communities.  I kill animals, cut firewood when I've needed to, and am far more respectful to mother nature than many of the tree huggin hippies I've dealt with and seen over the years.  When I go hunting or off-roading I pack out my garbage, and almost always leave the woods with much more garbage than I went in with because I'm respectful enough to pick up after others.  My dad brought it to my attention long ago that I am a more true environmentalist(in a non-offensive way) than the tree huggin hippies, because I have an understanding of only taking from nature what you need, and only taking what can be renewed in a timely manner.  You may sit up on your high horse and rant, but I would be willing to bet that I've been taught to be much more respectful and responsable to the woods than you.  Ignorance is trying to help preserve our planet by banning all access to our forests, short of foot access, while you're driving around in your volkswagon that burns and leaks oil, and would never come close to passing smog.  Ignorance is making a comment such as yours when my post was purely factual.  Yours was nothing more than an emotionally motivated reaction, but what more could we expect from a probable(notice I said probably, merely making an assumption?)  liberal?  Just because you drive a toyota doesn't make you cool, being an honest, trustworthy and genuine person does.  Perhaps before you make any more uninformed emotional responses you should do the research you expect others to do, but don't just go with the sierra club site, because that could be just as bad as believing the APO site that their birfields are the strongest available.  You need to do vast research on your beloved sierra club before you go patting them on the back, they're one of the most crooked, self centered groups around, right there along side that damned green peace......man I hate those pricks!  And please don't try matching wits with me, you will not win.  Have a nice day Mary  :stopit:

Oh, and toecutter, you hit the nail on the head man  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:02:16 PM »
You put that gay ass sierra club :pokinit: on this forum and your not going to win any friends  :slap: You don't have a clue what they're up to junior :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:  :slap:

You f*g  :stopit:

[This post will probably be deleted]  :hahaha:   

Amen to that muddy
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:05:55 PM »
im a high schooler and I do not like hearing liberal opinions in school from my from the teachers, I have to deal with being one of the only conservative seniors I know so I dont want to listen to the liberal bullshirt from my educators that I pay. With that said basically showing how I feel about liberal propghanda (sp) in our school system I will show you prettytaco how l dont think its hypocritical to be for preserving the enviroment and disliking the sierra club.  I know many wheelers that "tread lightly" me included, when we go wheeling we stay on marked paths and we dont do donuts in nice pretty fields and we dont see a creek and just bomb through it and we dont run over trees or any of that like most liberals (that i know) view most four wheelers. Everyone i know that supports the sierra club is for closing natural trails like the con and fordyce etc. etc. etc. and for opening parks such as prairie city and hollister. While thats cool you, sierra club supporters are closing down our way of being with nature and enjoying it. Arent you guys and gals for keeping nature enjoyable for all of us? I guess maybe im just brainwashed by THE MAN like im told very often but I dont think so. Please stop trying to close our trails prettytacolover, maybe you should just support the tread lightly theory. Thanks for your time  :wave:

PrettyTacoLover

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Be Green
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #22 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:11:17 PM »
im a high schooler and I do not like hearing liberal opinions in school from my from the teachers, I have to deal with being one of the only conservative seniors I know so I dont want to listen to the liberal bullshirt from my educators that I pay. With that said basically showing how I feel about liberal propghanda (sp) in our school system I will show you prettytaco how l dont think its hypocritical to be for preserving the enviroment and disliking the sierra club. I know many wheelers that "tread lightly" me included, when we go wheeling we stay on marked paths and we dont do donuts in nice pretty fields and we dont see a creek and just bomb through it and we dont run over trees or any of that like most liberals (that i know) view most four wheelers. Everyone i know that supports the sierra club is for closing natural trails like the con and fordyce etc. etc. etc. and for opening parks such as prairie city and hollister. While thats cool you, sierra club supporters are closing down our way of being with nature and enjoying it. Arent you guys and gals for keeping nature enjoyable for all of us? I guess maybe im just brainwashed by THE MAN like im told very often but I dont think so. Please stop trying to close our trails prettytacolover, maybe you should just support the tread lightly theory. Thanks for your time :wave:

you're in high school, you said it yourself. you don't pay your educators :pokinit:, maybe your parents do. so stop complaining. i'll get back to you some other time as well...

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:12:32 PM »
Pay attention ptl, he's not saying your post will be deleted, he's saying his will.  And I think you answered your own question about the 99% thing, but if not mine should have.  It's not being hypocritical, it's called having a mind of your own and being able to see when something is helping or hurting.  Trust me, the sierra club will pick and pick and pick away at our rights until we cannot ever again take our trucks or off road rigs into the woods, and then and only then will they be happy, but it will not stop with that.  They will find another way to try and control what we do and start a new rant with that.  It's a proven fact, and if you'd A: been alive long enough to have witnessed it first hand, and B: have an open and objective mind, then you would already know this. 

Now please ptl, for all our sakes let this die at this, as it's a battle you will not win and will undoubtedly start another senseless emotional argument that will leave you once again feeling personally attacked and butt hurt.  If you have positive things to contribute to the board then by all means do so, but if all you have to contribute is nonsensical babble then please hit the bricks.....
RIP KYOTA

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:17:39 PM »
you're in high school, you said it yourself. you don't pay your educators :pokinit:, maybe your parents do. so stop complaining. i'll get back to you some other time as well...

Yeah, im in highschool and I pay taxes so I think I pay my educators. Too bad losers like you are here....
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:18:29 PM »
 :tantrum:   c'mon now, his rant was'nt that long....  :maddest:  though thouroughly entertaining.... :popcorn: someone needs to do some research on the subject......
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:20:51 PM »
ps.....you never know who is watching these boards...often said hippie organizations use these boards for evidence to GET OUR TRAILS SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well, right?
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:26:16 PM »
Arent you guys and gals for keeping nature enjoyable for all of us?

No no no, you have it all wrong motorider, they're not for keeping it enjoyable for all of "us", they want to keep it enjoyable for all of "them". 

And ptl, it's not being cocky (cocy is not the proper spelling), it's merely an accurate observation from seeing many of your other posts.

And whether or not he or any of you highschoolers pay their teachers' salary is irrelevant, the bottom line is public schools are supposed to teach facts, not any kind of biased material.  That's no different than if you were covering the history of automobiles in your history class and you were being told how much better ford is than chevy.  Students should have the option to make such decisions themselves, not be taught otherwise.  It's ok for schools to teach factual things about nature and what impacts different forms of conservation may have, but for there to be any form of teacher or school backing voiced for a certain group is illegal, period.  This, my friend, is what everybody is getting at.
RIP KYOTA

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:28:55 PM »
Oh yea, I believe I've said my piece on this and been clear enough on my views, so if ptl or anybody else has a beef with my strange way of looking at things logically then by all means, please pm me.

edit: also feel I must add, my daddy didn't buy me a truck, motorcycle or even bicycle when I was in school.  I got a job between freshman and sohpomore years and began by working 7 days a week (I didn't know any better and my boss wasn't gonna tell me), then when school started I worked for a few hours after school and on saturdays, so that's 6 days a week.  I did this all through the rest of highschool.  I had to work for what I got, which gave me a greater pride for my belongings and more of a respect for all I had.  Kudos to those of you who do the same, it will make you a better person  :thumbs:
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2005, 11:51:46 PM by kneedownnate »
RIP KYOTA

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:35:01 PM »
kneedownnate    :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  :clap2:  you the man    :thumbs: , i like deep-fried!
RIP KYOTA