Author Topic: question for high schoolers  (Read 6861 times)

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: question for high schoolers
« Reply #30 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:43:02 PM »
you're in high school, you said it yourself. you don't pay your educators shirt, maybe your parents do. so stop complaining. i'll get back to you some other time as well...

actually i do pay my educators prettytaco, on top of my 30 hours of school a week I WORK 35 hours a week and PAY TAXES on it. You're not too smart are you?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:51:40 PM »
we're getting off-topic....the fact is these strong political views DO NOT belong in our classrooms.  Yes, 99% of wheelers are enviromentally conscious but that 1% is the reason for these organizations extreme views.  A few bad apples bring us all down.  We should teach our children to put the environment first but also teach them how to enjoy it.  Kids these days do not appreciate nature as much......too busy playing video games or watching TV....just my :twocents:
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 26, 2005, 02:45:09 PM »
Kneedownnate your just the Man!  I'm right behind ya on this!  Sierra Club is just brainwashing the ignorant.  Organgrinder is one of them! :stopit:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #33 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:14:12 PM »
what has the sierra club ever done to you personally?  And i know many of you dislike the sierra club, believe me i've already made a lot of enemys on this board i'm not looking to make friends here.  but explain this to me, if 99% of people on this board care about the environment, then why do you hate the sierra club? that seems a bit hypocrytical

I don't see why my post should be deleated. it's my honest opinion, just like yours (i'm not the one calling people  :stopit: )
by the way i hope calling me gay reasures you of your own sexuality

The Sierra Club opposes you period, isn't that enough for you. They would love to lock you out of every inch of undeveloped land and keep you from even travelling on foot within any wilderness. Close it up lock you out. They are extremists not environmentalists, if you care to enjoy those wild lands for which you roam in your pretty Taco up close and personal then you oppose the Sierra club. That doesn't mean you oppose the environment for which you travel and play in, but you must respect it, and since you opened the door, I will go there:  distroying and rolling a vehicle over is definatly not what the Sierra Club is about, in fact if a clubber had caught you doing that he'd sure have made sure to have reported you for introducing toxic waste into the water table. This is why everyone here dislikes you and has 0 respect for you and those that helped you. So since we all know you are full of  :pokinit: and should be banned along with your friends. I'm sure you posted your spew to start your trolling bull crap and I will be reporting it and request your membership to this board be removed period. It's jackasses like you and your friends that are giving the extremists the fuel they need to show that we can't be trusted. I personally carry several containers to catch fluid spills that may happen on the trail, and if one did occur I would also remove and dirt that was affected by the spill. Now keep it up :moon: this is just the thing that got you and your friends on the verge last time.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:19:56 PM »
 :popcorn: 
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

PrettyTacoLover

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -13
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Be Green
    • View Profile
    • Please ban me!
          OK!
      I am banned!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:29:46 PM »
actually i do pay my educators prettytaco, on top of my 30 hours of school a week I WORK 35 hours a week and PAY TAXES on it. You're not too smart are you?

wow, i'm impressed you're such a busy kid.  actually motorider (and lilbuddy) your taxes are on your incomes, which go to the government.  Teachers salaries come from property taxes, which i assume you are not paying for. maybe you should learn where your tax money is really going. i wouldn't go around calling people dumb if i were you.

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:33:57 PM »
wow, i'm impressed you're such a busy kid.  actually motorider (and lilbuddy) your taxes are on your incomes, which go to the government.  Teachers salaries come from property taxes, which i assume you are not paying for. maybe you should learn where your tax money is really going. i wouldn't go around calling people dumb if i were you.
Put on your Birkinstocks, tie dyed shirt, your hemp shorts, go climb a tree and eat some bugs.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

motorider228

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 433
  • Male Posts: 460
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:38:57 PM »
Teachers salaries come from property taxes, which i assume you are not paying for. maybe you should learn where your tax money is really going. i wouldn't go around calling people dumb if i were you.

i know this, and its not just property tax its personal property tax which i pay. I own a toyota 4runner and a yamaha yz250f which i pay personal property tax on. Next arguement please......

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:53:55 PM »
whats all this beef with the sierra club about?  I guess if ignorance means helping to save and protect our planet then the sierra club is based on ignorance. but i don't think that is the deffinition of ignorance (or what the sierra club is based on)...

ig·no·rance  n.  The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed

if you ask me you're the ignorant one kneedownnate, making an unintelligent comment like that. if our counrty wasn't filled with ignorant, conservative ass's who don't care about the environment, we would have a much safer and cleaner country.
Pretty ludicrous statement coming from a guy that helped his friends roll and destroy a truck they found on stuck and abandoned on a trail and thought it would be amusing to post the picture here.

You don't really think we are going to forget that you admitted doing that and that you admitted the the fluids from it were dumped on the trail do you?

You are quite the hypocrite. The only reason you posted what you have about the sierra club is, as RS said, to spew your trolling :pokinit: .

I am impressed by the informed replies from some of our respected members, you get 0 respect from us.

Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #39 on: Nov 26, 2005, 04:26:54 PM »

Go take a hike troll, you are nothing but the opposite of what you are preaching now. One minute you are a cool roll over a stolen vehicle environment trasher to a Sierra Club supporter, go screw yourself.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 26, 2005, 04:50:45 PM »
 :idea:  I got a great idea from PTLs post and the ensuing debate by our respected members...

There is a lot of well informed CON information here on the Sierra Club. Is the report already written? Who says the veiwpoint of a Sierra clubber has to be a POSITIVE viewpoint? Maybe it's from the viewpoint of the Sierra Clubber who learned the dirty truth of the club  :wink2:  a jaded Sierra Clubber!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 26, 2005, 04:53:34 PM »
PTL is it true what they say? did you do that?  How does that fit in with the Sierra Club's motives... im confused :headscratch: 
RIP KYOTA

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2005, 04:57:11 PM »
true MWM,  I think PTL is really anti-Sierra club.......only posting these to make the sierra club look as stupid as possible....it's working for me.
RIP KYOTA

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:14:46 PM »
true MWM,  I think PTL is really anti-Sierra club.......only posting these to make the sierra club look as stupid as possible....it's working for me.

He's not making the Sierra Club look stupid, just himself.

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:25:05 PM »
stupid is as stupid does........F.G.
RIP KYOTA

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #45 on: Nov 26, 2005, 05:59:05 PM »
:rofl2:

AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #46 on: Nov 26, 2005, 07:48:33 PM »

Not that I care to defend a tree hugging nature nazi :greengrin:

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 519
  • Member since Apr '04
  • whoops
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:21:25 AM »
whats all this beef with the sierra club about?  I guess if ignorance means helping to save and protect our planet then the sierra club is based on ignorance. but i don't think that is the deffinition of ignorance (or what the sierra club is based on)...

ig·no·rance  n.  The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed

if you ask me you're the ignorant one kneedownnate, making an unintelligent comment like that. if our counrty wasn't filled with ignorant, conservative ass's who don't care about the environment, we would have a much safer and cleaner country.

PTL every time you post on this board it is some bull crap like this, GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY YOU PEICE OF   :pokinit:   do you or don't you like to wheel, because these tree hugging idiots do not want you to!!!!!

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2005, 07:35:54 AM by dj »
Toyota + Chevrolet = Toylet
82 toylet
400hp of birfield destructing fun

cruzila [OP]

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #48 on: Nov 28, 2005, 08:27:48 AM »
I'll not let this debate degrade into personal assaults. PERIOD. Most of you are correct in the hipocrocy of ptl's involvement with the abandoned vehicle and his support of Sierra Club views.

I will not accept any personal abuse. Keep it to the facts and your opinions of those facts.
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '04
  • whoops
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Nov 28, 2005, 09:35:31 AM »
I'll not let this debate degrade into personal assaults. PERIOD. Most of you are correct in the hipocrocy of ptl's involvement with the abandoned vehicle and his support of Sierra Club views.

I will not accept any personal abuse. Keep it to the facts and your opinions of those facts.

I was not trying to be threatening just wanting to know if this guy is a real being, or is just someone jacking posts ad irritatiing people under an alais
82 toylet

cruzila [OP]

• Go go cruzila!
  • Hawk
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,848
  • Member since May '02
  • MC20/21 Toybox #002 2.28 = 154:1
    • View Profile
    • MTA
« Reply #50 on: Nov 28, 2005, 10:14:29 AM »
That is the job of the moderators. I read a personal assault in your words. Nothing more.

Maybe, now that you explain it, it seems like a prod to get a reaction, but there is no reading the intent.
If you would like to help save the Rubicon, send money to the Rubicon Trail Foundation

Friends of Eldorado National Forest

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '04
  • whoops
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Nov 28, 2005, 10:58:09 AM »
well my apologies then I'll just leave it alone
82 toylet

sdiker

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -32
  • Male Posts: 35
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Nov 29, 2005, 08:20:09 AM »
This is an unfortunate situation for all of the students that are going thru this type of questioning.  The facts get skewed and people go by word of mouth versus real world facts.  I have lived in many states including California, Arkansas, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, South Dakota, from large cities to small towns.  I have seen first hand the results of clubs like the Sierra Club. In Arizona you can not even set foot in certain forest areas.  I have seen towns crumble due to the effects that spotted owls had on the logging  industry.  Now thanks to the lack of proper forest management the fires and beetle populations have destroyed thousands of acres of the forests, at least when logging was done they cleaned up to help protect the forests and manage the Natural Renewable Resouces that the forests offer.  I often wonder what part of renewable do they not understand. 
We want to protect and conserve our forests and land so it will be there for the future, but we want to use this land and enjoy it.  Those like us on this board are aware and take care of the land so we can use it and so our kids can use it.  It is a shame how people want to remove the rights of the people that truly enjoy the outdoors, just because they see no value in it and they would rather go to a shrink in some big city rather than go out and enjoy the woods, this is simple they have no clue what it is to be an American or the true benefits to ones well  being by using and sensibly conserving the natural resources and land that is there to be used managed and enjoyed by all. 
When clubs such as the Sierra Club say we destroy they are misinformed as many have stated we haul out more trash and clean up more garbage throughout the year than they ever do. 

Lets make it clear we must conserve the forest so it can be used responsibly and enjoyed.  BUT IT SHOULD NEVER BE CLOSED TO THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

I could go on and on about this but I will stop here.
Happy wheelin,
04 Ram Hemi 4x4
47 willys

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #53 on: Nov 29, 2005, 09:20:29 AM »
This is an unfortunate situation for all of the students that are going thru this type of questioning.  The facts get skewed and people go by word of mouth versus real world facts.  I have lived in many states including California, Arkansas, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, South Dakota, from large cities to small towns.  I have seen first hand the results of clubs like the Sierra Club. In Arizona you can not even set foot in certain forest areas.  I have seen towns crumble due to the effects that spotted owls had on the logging  industry.  Now thanks to the lack of proper forest management the fires and beetle populations have destroyed thousands of acres of the forests, at least when logging was done they cleaned up to help protect the forests and manage the Natural Renewable Resouces that the forests offer.  I often wonder what part of renewable do they not understand. 
We want to protect and conserve our forests and land so it will be there for the future, but we want to use this land and enjoy it.  Those like us on this board are aware and take care of the land so we can use it and so our kids can use it.  It is a shame how people want to remove the rights of the people that truly enjoy the outdoors, just because they see no value in it and they would rather go to a shrink in some big city rather than go out and enjoy the woods, this is simple they have no clue what it is to be an American or the true benefits to ones well  being by using and sensibly conserving the natural resources and land that is there to be used managed and enjoyed by all. 
When clubs such as the Sierra Club say we destroy they are misinformed as many have stated we haul out more trash and clean up more garbage throughout the year than they ever do. 

Lets make it clear we must conserve the forest so it can be used responsibly and enjoyed.  BUT IT SHOULD NEVER BE CLOSED TO THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

I could go on and on about this but I will stop here.
Happy wheelin,

:clap2:  :bowdown: If my son was just a normal city dweller he would not have the same respect for nature that he does. Sitting on the outside looking in and not setting foot into the wilderness you don't get the same perspective on nature and how delicate it can be. His early exposure to our real world will keep him from trashing it as some of these yahoo's do as he becomes a young man. About the only thing making kids write a report about nature, that don't get out and experience our world  will get you is more people the join the anti-access army because that would be the only thing presented to them. He has more respect for our wilderness in his little pinky than any of these self-righteous  nature-nazi's.

dj

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Apr '04
  • whoops
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Nov 29, 2005, 11:47:01 AM »
:clap2:  :bowdown: If my son was just a normal city dweller he would not have the same respect for nature that he does. Sitting on the outside looking in and not setting foot into the wilderness you don't get the same perspective on nature and how delicate it can be. His early exposure to our real world will keep him from trashing it as some of these yahoo's do as he becomes a young man. About the only thing making kids write a report about nature, that don't get out and experience our world  will get you is more people the join the anti-access army because that would be the only thing presented to them. He has more respect for our wilderness in his little pinky than any of these self-righteous  nature-nazi's.

right on man!
82 toylet

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Nov 29, 2005, 02:39:23 PM »
Wasn't the Sierra Club responsible for torching car dealerships because they sold SUV's? And/or destroying property under the guise of "social awareness"? Think I remember reports of this sort some years back.

Where is the Mammoth?

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #56 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:29:15 PM »
Wasn't the Sierra Club responsible for torching car dealerships because they sold SUV's? And/or destroying property under the guise of "social awareness"? Think I remember reports of this sort some years back.

The funny thing about those incidents of burning new SUV's is that when they burned they produced 100 times the pollutants than you could have created driving it 150,000 miles

....and now no group will take responsibility/credit for the burnings.

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:31:36 PM »
I really think a report from the view of a Sierra Clubber insider would really put the teacher in his/her place. With documented facts of Sierra Club nazi tactics.

Where is the Mammoth?

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:28:01 PM »
Not to be the devil's advocate, but one must keep an open mind.  Throughout history, extremist groups have existed.  For instance, the abolitionists during pre civil war era were feared for their radicalism.  Extremists recognize a problem or "evil" as existing NOW and therefore must immediately resolve it.  This results in extreme measures. Their intent is to make their idea heard and to show the public a need for change, NOW.  Although the abolistionists were feared at the time, their extreme views resulted in a more moderate reduction of slavery over time.  Now compare to the Sierra Club.....yes, you have heard of them and yes you know what their ideas are.   So that part was successful.  Does it make you think about the environment and doing your part?  Do they convey their ideas to be urgent? Might this result in a gradual increase in care for the environment over time?  Just looking at it from both sides...I do not belong to Sierra Club, don't worry.    :stopit:
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2005, 08:00:25 PM by DIRTOYBOY »
RIP KYOTA