Author Topic: The Ticked Off Thread  (Read 82561 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: The Ticked Off Thread
« Reply #450 on: Jun 21, 2006, 02:31:28 PM »
You know what chafes my hindquarters? Previous owners that were too cheap or too stupid to use a socket on the 54mm hub nuts…instead they booger them up with a screwdriver!

Guilty :thumbs:  For years I didn't even know they made a socket for that, but when you hafta get a job done in a tight spot...
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: Jun 21, 2006, 03:43:17 PM »
This is not in offense to any females here, i know guys that do the same.

Women that play head games just to get what they want, and when they dont get it, they make your life a living hell.

And don't forget, When they get it, then they don't want it..   ???   :tantrum:
yup sometimes guys do it to..

I say Ghrr to the screwdriver.  but sometimes it is the only thing around..

I like to Drive!

MrsBUBBA

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Female Posts: 61
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: Jun 21, 2006, 03:47:10 PM »
im ticked off because i have to start workin from 8pm to 4am on thurs and fri.

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
« Reply #453 on: Jun 21, 2006, 04:08:59 PM »
You know what chafes my hindquarters? Previous owners that were too cheap or too stupid to use a socket on the 54mm hub nuts…instead they booger them up with a screwdriver!
:aaa:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #454 on: Jun 21, 2006, 04:41:39 PM »

:disturbed: Guilty.... I'd rather just notch it and use a screwdriver than go spend $25-$30 on a socket :hammerhead:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 714
  • Male Posts: 640
  • Member since Jul '03
  • I'll do the thinnin' around here Baba Looey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: Jun 21, 2006, 05:31:55 PM »
:disturbed: Guilty.... I'd rather just notch it and use a screwdriver than go spend $25-$30 on a socket :hammerhead:

OK...but how do you get reasonably close to the torque specs without a socket, Hmmmm?
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #456 on: Jun 21, 2006, 05:34:35 PM »
OK...but how do you get reasonably close to the torque specs without a socket, Hmmmm?

:disturbed: Torque specs? What are those? :headscratch:

:rofl2: I don't know, I just tighten it down and put it all back together... I pity the fool who inherits my Amigo and my Ford when I die... I ain't torqued nothin on em cept for the lifters on the Ford :disturbed:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Wermz84

• Rock Nerd!
  • Turtle Points: 921
  • Male Posts: 3,518
  • Member since May '05
  • Ouch My Eye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: Jun 21, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »

:dunno:  A calibrated hammer?  :dunno:

:laugh: :laugh:

I like to Drive!

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: Jun 21, 2006, 05:39:08 PM »
:disturbed: Torque specs? What are those? :headscratch:

:rofl2: I don't know, I just tighten it down and put it all back together... I pity the fool who inherits my Amigo and my Ford when I die... I ain't torqued nothin on em cept for the lifters on the Ford :disturbed:

I'll admit it...I am Joe-anal, I torque everything that has a value listed for it! I've got 3 torque wrenches and I'd like to get a nice little inch/lb beam wrench! Good Lord...stop me before I torque again!!!!
The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those who got there first.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-- Winston Churchill

Censorship, that most subtle tool of oppression, the tool of the fearful and small minded. 8/15/2008

"It is interesting that we are asked to NOT judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics. Too bad gun owners can't get same judgment."
Travis Tritt (I know!)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #459 on: Jun 21, 2006, 05:43:45 PM »

I'll admit it...I am Joe-anal, I torque everything that has a value listed for it! I've got 3 torque wrenches and I'd like to get a nice little inch/lb beam wrench! Good Lord...stop me before I torque again!!!!

I own a torque wrench, but I've only used it once :greengrin:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: Jun 21, 2006, 06:56:56 PM »
tap with screw driver till the bearings are preloaded ,  set lock washer,  install outter nut till screwdriver wont tighten anymore  :dunno:

i touque head bolts sometimes but , well most times :gap:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #461 on: Jun 21, 2006, 09:25:39 PM »

Well lets just see how bad you are, the previous owner of my Toyota had the torque #'s for the lug nuts magic markered to the inside of  the glove box  so that if he had a flat he would know what he needed to set them to, and yes he carried a torque wrench.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: Jun 21, 2006, 10:46:28 PM »
Well lets just see how bad you are, the previous owner of my Toyota had the torque #'s for the lug nuts magic markered to the inside of  the glove box  so that if he had a flat he would know what he needed to set them to, and yes he carried a torque wrench.

He was anal and forgetful...80ft/lbs

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #463 on: Jun 21, 2006, 11:11:21 PM »

Well he is in his 70's

6.72:1

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 73
  • Male Posts: 1,856
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Stuck with 2.5ton Rocks....
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: Jun 22, 2006, 12:48:33 AM »
Sir, I take exception to you casting aspersions on my paternal antecedents in the Sipsey River valley!

HA! Many cast aspersions, but I only observe the area in which I cohabitate. Believe me, some in my area have some of the same kin-folk!
mrkupfer@gmail.com
Cell: (205) 919-3290
www.Kupferphotography.com

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #465 on: Jun 22, 2006, 01:50:26 AM »

:rofl: :rofl2: :bowdown:

79coyotefrg

• Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: Jun 22, 2006, 08:02:16 AM »
HA! Many cast aspersions, but I only observe the area in which I cohabitate. Believe me, some in my area have some of the same kin-folk!
:rofl:  Pete  are you sayin some of them peoples have a stump for a family tree :rofl:

we got some of those here too :ack:

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: Jun 22, 2006, 10:18:04 AM »
#@&$#$%$ NEXTEL and their stupid :pokinit: early termination fees and number porting fees and STUPID FEES, and LIES!  We changed our phones from Nextel to Verizon and just got a final bill from Nextel for $740!!  They're trying to tell me that when we upgraded our phones in Oct 2004 that I "verbally agreed" to a 36-month contract extension, and this was supposedly in exchange for their super discounted price of $150 per phone!!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR   :tantrum:     I have our local Nextel rep looking into it, I told him I'm taking it to the better business bureau and fighting it to the end because I KNOW it's :pokinit:     :mad:   

So yeah.....I'm a teensy bit ticked off.  Thanks for lettin me get that out.   :sad2:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: Jun 22, 2006, 11:50:34 AM »
#@&$#$%$ NEXTEL and their stupid :pokinit: early termination fees and number porting fees and STUPID FEES, and LIES!  We changed our phones from Nextel to Verizon and just got a final bill from Nextel for $740!!  They're trying to tell me that when we upgraded our phones in Oct 2004 that I "verbally agreed" to a 36-month contract extension, and this was supposedly in exchange for their super discounted price of $150 per phone!!  GRRRRRRRRRRRRR   :tantrum:     I have our local Nextel rep looking into it, I told him I'm taking it to the better business bureau and fighting it to the end because I KNOW it's :pokinit:     :mad:   

So yeah.....I'm a teensy bit ticked off.  Thanks for lettin me get that out.   :sad2:

I'd ask for a recording of your verbal agreement. If they can't produce it...I'd say you're in the clear.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: Jun 22, 2006, 11:59:09 AM »
I'd ask for a recording of your verbal agreement. If they can't produce it...I'd say you're in the clear.

That's what I was thinking.  I told her I wanted proof, she comes back with supposedly a transcript of the call from Oct 2004.  It consisted of "Agent: Do you agree to the verbal agreement?  Customer: Yes, I agree."  LOL!!!  I said, you're SERIOUSLY trying to tell me this is your "proof"?  That's when I told her I was done talking to her and would take it elsewhere.  I think I'll call the guy who is looking into it and see if he's gotten anywhere yet.
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: Jun 22, 2006, 12:19:31 PM »
That's what I was thinking.  I told her I wanted proof, she comes back with supposedly a transcript of the call from Oct 2004.  It consisted of "Agent: Do you agree to the verbal agreement?  Customer: Yes, I agree."  LOL!!!  I said, you're SERIOUSLY trying to tell me this is your "proof"?  That's when I told her I was done talking to her and would take it elsewhere.  I think I'll call the guy who is looking into it and see if he's gotten anywhere yet.

If that's all they have, you've got it made. You should, just to be prove the point, send them your own "transcript", only type in where they promise you three years of no cost service!

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #471 on: Jun 22, 2006, 12:58:40 PM »
Demand to speak with the president's complaint staff at Nextel if when speaking with them your problem is going unresolved tell them your next phone calls will be to the P.U.C. and the F.C.C. since you were tricked into a verbal agreement, that they have only a transcript of, if they have a transcript they should have the actual tape.

MR_DIY

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -40
  • Male Posts: 595
  • Member since Sep '05
  • this is why I'm web wheelin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: Jun 22, 2006, 06:18:24 PM »
I hate when I am trying to flat belly, install a splashguard between motor and tranny, paint, exo cage, mount new wheels and bumpstop my truck and IT WON'T START AND I DON'T KNOW WHY.

If you can help there is a thread in general tech or 70-95 tech.  thanks
I'm going yota JUST so I can buy from Marlin more.

*quote*-  goes to show that a ramp hero doesn't always have what it takes to be a trail hero as well.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: Jun 23, 2006, 02:35:01 AM »
When you go for a nice early morning drive in the hills to only find a burned car in the middle of the road!  Some dirt bag, dumb mother f#cker's decided to have a party and torched a car.  It's obvious it was a party with all the beer bottles, and the interior of the car was loaded with steel wires and wheels.  The kids in my area are going to ruin the shear enjoyment of the woods for the rest of us!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #474 on: Jun 23, 2006, 03:57:29 AM »
Im pissd i put my AC belt on after a year and of half of it being off.  now my truck won't move out of it's own way.     AC works great tho 
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

Doof

• Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 3,205
  • Member since Apr '07
  • establised summer of 89
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: Feb 13, 2008, 08:51:04 PM »
:eye:

Lady Di [OP]

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:21:37 AM »
It's BAHK!

You know what really ticks me off? Those animated dancing people in ads on various websites. weather.com is bad for them but they are everywhere.
So stupid!
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

unclejpl4x4

• Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #477 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:25:58 AM »
adblocker for tek win
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

abnormaltoy

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jul '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:28:34 AM »
It's BAHK!

You know what really ticks me off? Those animated dancing people in ads on various websites. weather.com is bad for them but they are everywhere.
So stupid!

You mean to tell me they don't entice you to refinace your home? Next thing you'll tell us that the the "worm" mortgage ads didn't work either.

-- Winston Churchill

Travis Tritt (I know!)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #479 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »