Author Topic: Prayers needed, to you religoius folk out there...  (Read 10145 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
:hahaha: She is always online, but the only thing she knows how to do is forward mail and sell and buy off Ebay...Maybe I'll introduce her to you guys  :yupyup:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

WheelinBabe

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -202
  • Female Posts: 50
  • Member since May '05
  • Try what you'd like, it aint gona getcha n e where
    • View Profile
    • MY PROFILE
hey all the love and prayers sent out to your grandma. We have all got them  :crossed: 

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
Hey FFC what is Gramma's name? :dunno:

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Her name is Ruth.  She's had family with her a lot lately and I've heard she's improving, but I haven't seen her since Thurs nite.  When I find out more I'll share  :beerchug:

Thanks ya'll  :usa:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Goodbye Grandma
« Reply #34 on: Oct 28, 2006, 02:34:39 PM »
Hey ya'll,

Well, it finally happened.  Last night at 1 am I got THE call.  The one that no one wants to get.  My grandma passed away last night between 12 and 1am.  I headed out to Tracy to be with my family and came home by 7am (matt had to work at 8).  It's been pretty tough, even though we knew it would happen.  My grandfather is holding up pretty well, a lot better than I was by the time I got there.  Just being with my family helped a lot though. 

Thank you all for your prayers, and I just ask that you continue to keep my family in them for awhile.  It's gonna be tough going through the holidays without her. 

Thank you
FFC

Blingn

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 155
  • Male Posts: 2,356
  • Member since May '06
    • View Profile
Justina you have an awesome family.  I am so lucky to have met your G ma.  She will be missed by all that have met her.  :rivers: and she has even touched people that dont really know her.  Like your G pa said she is in a better place now and is not suffering  :yupyup: and we will get to see her again one day. 

:love: you and praying 4 you and your great family, Matt

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
:therethere: :smooch: my condolences
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
 Justina,  i'm so sorry,  i know from experience that doesnt help much  but  just know that we all love you  :hugs:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
:therethere:  sorry to hear justina.  You know you and your are in our prayers :thumbs:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Thanks guys.  It's easier for me to live with it as long as I'm not near the family.  It's the holidays that are gonna suck.  But then again, it happens to everyone and everyone seems to be able to get through it.  One day at a time that's all.

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
I shoulda known better than to read this at work :rivers:

Ruth Shattuck of Tracy, age 65, transitioned peacefully in her home surrounded by family on October 27, 2006. Ruth was born in Ely, MN.

Ruth was first and foremost Mother to her own children and thousands of others that found their way to her door. Ruth’s desire for kids to feel safe birthed the Buenas Vidas Youth Ranch of Livermore in 1970. Ruth’s husband, Butch, and daughters, Beth and Laura, will continue to administer these services to the community.

Ruth is survived by her husband of 36 years, Boyd (Butch) Shattuck; children – Tony Wisely of Manteca, Laura Sheppard and Beth Tackaberry of Livermore, Scott Wisely of Modesto and Shawn Shattuck of Crow’s Landing; 23 Grandchildren; Sisters: Pat Cook, Janet McNeely and Ginny Wilson. Ruth;s parents were Tony Branger and Helen Katzien.

A Memorial Service will be held Saturday, November 4 at 1:00 P.M. at the Trinity Baptist Church, 557 Olivina Ave., Livermore, CA.

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
Justina,

I'm so sorry for you and your family. Accept every hug that's offered, and talk with anyone who's willing to listen. It's never easy to loose someone close to you, but support and prayer will certainly help. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Here is an E-hug for ya.

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Thank you germ.  It'll hit me this weekend when I'm with the family.  Out here I'm pretty detatched from everyone.  I'll be heading home on either friday night or saturday morning to help with service preparations.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Justina, you know know to find me if you ever need a friendly ear.  :rivers:  I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but thank God you have such a strong family, and that ya'll come together so well.   
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Justina, you know know to find me if you ever need a friendly ear.  :rivers:  I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but thank God you have such a strong family, and that ya'll come together so well.   

Thank you Jason.  That means a lot.  It sucks goin through it but it would have happened later if not now, so it's inevitable.  I am truly blessed with my family and my friends I'll say that right now. 

I was up half the night last night preparing for the funeral tomorrow.  My mother asked me to help with preparations, so I've been keeping busy.  I think I'm goin out tonight to help her with last minute details. 

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Well, the service went well.  There were family members there that I haven't seen in 13 years! It was more of a family reunion/celebration of life rather than a time to get together and mourn.  She would have whooped our :moon: if she could for cryin anyway!

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear about your loss, Justina    We all gotta go some time. We always hope it's later then sooner, no one wants to loose a loved one but she will live on in your memories.
Maybe for the holidays it would help to get out family photo's and go through them, reminiscing about all the good times you've had.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
 Sorry to here this and wish you the best.   
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

*FFC* [OP]

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Sorry to hear about your loss, Justina    We all gotta go some time. We always hope it's later then sooner, no one wants to loose a loved one but she will live on in your memories.
Maybe for the holidays it would help to get out family photo's and go through them, reminiscing about all the good times you've had.

You're right, we'll always have the memories.  My mom has gone through hundreds of photos.  We couldn't even find a pic of her (from within the past 10 years) to put up at the service. They were always with someone. 

At least the memories are plentiful and cheering that's fer sure :yesnod: It's just tuff thinkin that I'll never see her again.  She played such a huge role in my life. 

Thanks again :love: