Author Topic: Things you hate about other drivers.  (Read 18762 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things you hate about other drivers.
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2005, 02:05:22 PM »
I understand road rage, I understand freeway shootings, I don't support it, but I understand it!!

My favorite is tailgaters, If I can't see your bumper in my rearview mirror in my wife's car, you are too close!!  I will purposely slow down, as long as they can't pass, and then speed up and slow down again!  All the while I think I hear my wife saying something, and she's usually not happy!! 
Another good one is I turn off the hiway to go to home, and the corner is sharp and narrow, and is not lit at night!  I used to pull off to the shoulder before turning.  But one late night coming home, I did this and almost hit a person standing on the shoulder, so now I stay in the lane slowing down to make the turn, and the guy behind me is still gunning it and not hitting the brakes, I keep thinking if you hit me from behind I get a new truck!!  Also, at the same intersection, pulling out to go left, and as you do there is some :moon: that has to pass the oncoming person, and now is facing you at a very high rate of speed!!!  A 50 caliber howitzer on a turret on my truck would be way cool!!!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2005, 07:37:45 PM »
What I hate about other drivers is there is toooo many of them. I guess it's better than having more busses in your way.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

brainlessfool

• It's not my problem if you can't hear the voices too.
  • Turtle Points: 2730
  • Male Posts: 4,207
  • Member since Jun '02
  • drive fast or the devil may get ya
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2005, 07:44:50 PM »
What I hate about other drivers is there is toooo many of them. I guess it's better than having more busses in your way.

HEY! I drive a bus!  :tantrum:
A good day working, that's just sick :reg:

Willy Mammoth

• Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2005, 07:50:53 PM »
HEY! I drive a bus! :tantrum:

Are you the guy that ran over my 300ZX. ???

I don't dislike all buss, just the ones that stop in front of me.  :ha_ha:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2005, 07:54:14 PM »
Well that's deff. not me! I just don't stop when I'm behind ppl!  :driving:

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »
A short bus.

As a recovering big rig driver, I pretty much hate all drivers. Especially tailgaters  :driving:
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

brainlessfool

• Member since Jun '02
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a cigar
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
no,no,no  :nonono:  I drive a forty footer.  :hammerhead:

OffRoadGal

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Female Posts: 419
  • Member since Jan '05
  • you feelin lucky, punk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2005, 10:09:01 AM »
What I hate about other drivers is they are on the road in front of me!
What I hate most are the booming stereo idiots (present company excepted unless you are within ear shot of me) intruding their crap on my personal space. THAT should be cause for justifiable homicide!
I truely believe that is a cause of a lot of rage. I am not prone to violence but the other day, at a stop light, I was about THIS || far from putting it in reverse and backing my Pathfinder right into the front of this A Whol behind me. Wondering if I could convince the officers that he must not have been paying attention playing with his focking booming stereo (which they do have laws against here) and slipped off the brake.
I have a feeling, judging by the looks he was getting from the people in other vehicles, I would have had a lot of witnesses to stand up for me. With my luck he would have had a stick and had it in neutral.
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

:cheer:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2005, 10:25:37 AM »
What I hate about other drivers is they are on the road in front of me!
What I hate most are the booming stereo idiots (present company excepted unless you are within ear shot of me) intruding their crap on my personal space. THAT should be cause for justifiable homicide!
I truely believe that is a cause of a lot of rage. I am not prone to violence but the other day, at a stop light, I was about THIS || far from putting it in reverse and backing my Pathfinder right into the front of this A Whol behind me. Wondering if I could convince the officers that he must not have been paying attention playing with his focking booming stereo (which they do have laws against here) and slipped off the brake.
I have a feeling, judging by the looks he was getting from the people in other vehicles, I would have had a lot of witnesses to stand up for me. With my luck he would have had a stick and had it in neutral.

Officer, the imapct must have knocked his car into nuetral when he hit me.  The bushing at the base of his shifter could be shot :hahaha:   

Right there with you ORG, I cant stand rap anyway, and people blasting there :pokkinit: all over the road is :bull crap: 

I hate it when cars come flying up behind me, when I am stopped, slow down quickly, and I can barely see their roof looking through my rearview.  THAT IS TOO CLOSE!!!  I dont need back and neck problems for the rest of my life cause some jackass rearended me at a stop light :nope:  So I jpop it in reverse, just let them see my reverse light, mabye let it rollback a little, they backup :yupyup:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

OffRoadGal

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -30
  • Female Posts: 419
  • Member since Jan '05
  • you feelin lucky, punk?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2005, 10:47:28 AM »
Officer, the imapct must have knocked his car into nuetral when he hit me. The bushing at the base of his shifter could be shot :hahaha:

!! I dont need back and neck problems for the rest of my life cause some jackass rearended me at a stop light :nope: So I jpop it in reverse, just let them see my reverse light, mabye let it rollback a little, they backup :yupyup:

excellent advise BD!
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

:cheer:

guywithuglyyota [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2005, 01:05:23 PM »
I hate to say it but the drivers up in the Sacramento area, are by far the worst I have ever seen. And I drive through Los Angeles on a regular basis, I have also driven in London, Kuwait, France and various other countries and I have yet to see worse drivers than the ones in Sactown    :headscratch:    Not quite sure what it is, but I do remember the Greenback and Sunrise intersection used to be the deadliest in the state for a while.

Why is everyone in such a hurry????
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 02:27:22 PM by 4LOWx2 »
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2005, 01:23:15 PM »
A cousin of mine actually got a ticket for having his kc lights on blinding the person behind him.  He got it dropped caused he "claimed somebody stole his light covers, and he accidentally bumped his switch" which was a lie.  He has 2 kc's backwards for a reason, tailgators, loud stereo systems and for just plain old a$$holes!  He says it's a site to see tailgaters lock up there brakes as soon as the lights come on!!

Offroadgal-just wire a switch to your backup lights!!  That'll get there attention! 
It always gets my attention when I see a rig running around with his factory backup lights on when in forward motion, there plug-in must be reversed @ the tranny!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

guywithuglyyota [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2005, 01:58:40 PM »
The backawards kc lights are a great idea.  hmmmmmm

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2005, 02:02:25 PM »
I hate to say it but the drivers up in the Sacramento area, are by far the worst I have ever seen. And I drive through Los angeles on a regular basis. Not quite sure what it is, but I do remember the Greenback and Sunrise intersection used to be the deadliest in the state for a while.

Why is everyone in such a hurry????

Doesnt surprise me  I hate sacramento.  just biding my time til I can get out!!  the sunrise exit off 50 is horrible, traffic time it backs up for miles :shudder:

A cousin of mine actually got a ticket for having his kc lights on blinding the person behind him.  He got it dropped caused he "claimed somebody stole his light covers, and he accidentally bumped his switch" which was a lie.  He has 2 kc's backwards for a reason, tailgators, loud stereo systems and for just plain old a$$holes!  He says it's a site to see tailgaters lock up there brakes as soon as the lights come on!!

Offroadgal-just wire a switch to your backup lights!!  That'll get there attention! 
It always gets my attention when I see a rig running around with his factory backup lights on when in forward motion, there plug-in must be reversed @ the tranny!

That is a great idea !! :thumbs:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2005, 09:03:24 PM »
the kc lights work great i'll admit to that. i've got my brake lights wired to a switch so i'll just flip it when some jerk starts tailgating me. its REALLY funny to hear the squeel of brakes when i do that on the loop
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2005, 04:20:12 PM »
oh and sorry fer makin ur seats give u a massage when i pull up beside u. :haha:
ur  :moon: lights are so damn bright when im sittin behind u at a red light to :tantrum:

USAF EOD tech

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2005, 07:54:31 AM »
What I hate the nost is when you see a hole between 2 car that you can fit in, you put your flasher on then the quy who was behind you seconds ago as speeded up and is beside you just so you can't get in there. :maddest:

88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

guywithuglyyota [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2005, 10:30:48 PM »
Here in CA if someone does that you literally speed up faster, and nose your way in. Most people dont understand the concept of merging, So its best to give them an upclose example. Sometimes its hard for the soccer moms to see you in there Excursions or H2's even though they have 10 thousand backup sensors, mirrors and video screens packed in the truck    :screwy:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2005, 10:38:22 AM »
I have discovered that people generally let me in, if tyhey see that I am coming over.  I do it slowly, but they know that even if they stay where they are, I am gcoming over, so they let off.  Even though I drive a "little" truck, it still scares people :hahaha:

-Ronald Reagan

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2005, 12:54:32 PM »
The merging thing must be universal.  In our small hick town its happens all the time.  It seems to mean "drag race" when they see the sign!  I always stick to my guns on merging.  If it says right lane ends and I'm in the left lane, it's amazing how the person in the right lane thinks they have the right away.  I've actually stopped in traffic with some punk screaming and yelling at me about how he had the right away.  I just waited till some cop showed up to prove him wrong with a ticket!!  wreckless driving!!    It's amazing how there's not even three feet between you and the person in front of you and the person that is in the merge lane thinks he has right of way and isn't slowing down.  I don't flinch, except if my wife and kids are with us in the car!  If it's just me and my pos truck, I'll hold my ground.

Once you've driven class A or B truck, you seem to change your driving habits, especially when you see a dumbshit trying to screw with a tractor trailer, I'll get on the cb and negotiate with the driver to screw with the kid or help the driver out!  Only cause I've been there!

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Member since Jan '05
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2005, 03:28:50 PM »
midland is the kingdom of dumb ass drivers, expecially tail gaters and the people speeding up when u have ur turn signal on

USAF EOD tech

88runner

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 756
  • Member since May '03
  • Click me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2005, 04:31:39 PM »
Here in CA if someone does that you literally speed up faster, and nose your way in. Most people dont understand the concept of merging, So its best to give them an upclose example. Sometimes its hard for the soccer moms to see you in there Excursions or H2's even though they have 10 thousand backup sensors, mirrors and video screens packed in the truck    :screwy:

I don't say it stop me from going in, I just hate it when people do it.

One time it hapenned and the guy was to busy watching that I don't get in front of him and didn't saw the car in front of him braking he almost ate the rear buper of the car in front of him, all while I was  :laugh:  passing him and merging several car in front of him. :driving:
88 4runner v6,
5.29 with 35" tires,
Isuzu Rodeo rear disk brake,
t-case hand brake in near futur
solid axle'd

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Jul 06, 2005, 04:36:49 PM »
A cousin of mine actually got a ticket for having his kc lights on blinding the person behind him. He got it dropped caused he "claimed somebody stole his light covers, and he accidentally bumped his switch" which was a lie. He has 2 kc's backwards for a reason, tailgators, loud stereo systems and for just plain old a$$holes! He says it's a site to see tailgaters lock up there brakes as soon as the lights come on!!

Offroadgal-just wire a switch to your backup lights!! That'll get there attention!

Most likely the morons put the sockets in the wrong holes when they changed taillights after they got rearended.

lilbuddy

• Dried Fruit Warrior
  • Turtle Points: -234
  • Male Posts: 5,720
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Hella....
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Jul 09, 2005, 04:37:11 PM »
When you are going to work (and are already running late) in a 45 and people are going 20!
RIP Kyota.... you are the man

GET IT!!!

UNBREAKABLE

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 372
  • Male Posts: 2,028
  • Member since Aug '04
  • Yeah, I guess you could say I'm a RockStar
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Jul 10, 2005, 05:27:49 PM »

I ride a bus....a very short one
That's how I roll

skunkyoda

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 65
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Jul 28, 2005, 06:04:10 PM »
I hate the way that you all drive!!!   :snare:   All y'all and if I see you on the road Ima gonna cut you off cause the world revolves around me.  You guys are here in my world on my freeway  :driving:   and that has ta stop!!
1985 22RE EFI YOTA 4RUNNER, 31's, Open Diff's

Everybody knows there ain't no such thing as Leftover Crack

PLEASE GOD PROTECT ME FROM YOUR FOLLOWERS!!!!!!!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #86 on: Jul 28, 2005, 06:27:47 PM »
I hate the way that you all drive!!!   :snare:   All y'all and if I see you on the road Ima gonna cut you off cause the world revolves around me.  You guys are here in my world on my freeway  :driving:   and that has ta stop!!

I feel the same way, every other driver out there is in the way :slap:

:hahaha:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Jul 28, 2005, 06:31:09 PM »

aha!  So you're the :moon: hole who cut me off, and got toyota rammed down his throat, cause I didnt feel like hittin my brakes!  So tell me, what hospital should I send the flowers to? :adoration:

-Ronald Reagan

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #88 on: Jul 28, 2005, 06:53:34 PM »

aha!  So you're the :moon: hole who cut me off, and got toyota rammed down his throat, cause I didnt feel like hittin my brakes!  So tell me, what hospital should I send the flowers to? :adoration:

:rofl:  :haha:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Jul 28, 2005, 08:47:11 PM »
I hate people that drive slow in the left lane, and you have to pass them on the right, then get mad at you for it!!!! :mad:   Oh and I hate the way my wife drives!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin:   No seriously, I do!!!
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com