Author Topic: Things you hate about other drivers.  (Read 18746 times)

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: Things you hate about other drivers.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2005, 05:55:15 PM »
I hate it when people don't turn right on red. I also hate when cops turn on their lights to go through a red light then turn them off on the other side of the intersection.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 07:19:16 PM »
Riding a motorcycle in Los Angeles gives you a different perscpective on bad drivers.  Because on a bike a bad driver in the next lane can kill you.

I stopped counting how many times I almost died.

I hate

1) people making a U-turn from the curb - death to a motorcycle

2) People that read while driving

3) Slow people that won't get out of the way

4) People who drive with broken headlights, or forget to turn them on

5) People who have broken tail/brake lights
'04 Taco DC 4x4

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2005, 07:31:19 PM »
I hate it when someone slows down going downhill and speeds up going uphill, now I can understand the opposite happening beacause you don't have enough hp but there is no excuse for the other.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2005, 07:34:30 PM »
Riding a motorcycle in Los Angeles gives you a different perscpective on bad drivers.  Because on a bike a bad driver in the next lane can kill you.

I stopped counting how many times I almost died.

I hate

1) people making a U-turn from the curb - death to a motorcycle

2) People that read while driving

3) Slow people that won't get out of the way

4) People who drive with broken headlights, or forget to turn them on

5) People who have broken tail/brake lights

I couldn't tell you how many people I had to plant my foot in thier door when they tried to change lanes when I was already using that lane. 

I'm sorry I'll fix my tail-light tommorrow.

guywithuglyyota [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2005, 08:03:49 PM »
Riding my bike in Los Angeles I notice people actually close in on the lane your splitting!   LANE SPLITTING IS LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA!
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2005, 08:10:30 PM »
Riding my bike in Los Angeles I notice people actually close in on the lane your splitting!   LANE SPLITTING IS LEGAL IN CALIFORNIA!

They're jealous that you will be getting where your going before they will. If I see you coming you'll get a shift in my position  giving you more room to pass since I too am a rider. I hate it when someone closes in. :mad:

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2005, 10:33:14 PM »
I hate pretty much everybody else on the road in general. Especially when I'm on my bike.

Ditto.  I hate the old lady who looks directly at you when you're riding your motorcycle then proceeds to pull out RIGHT in front of you and go way the f too slow. 

Those people who won't let me pass on a twisty road when I'm obviously goin faster.

Don't let you pass cause they don't think you need to be going that speed.  I'm not a punk, but it'll be my funeral if I fly off a cliff, not yours mister crap ass pontiac guy.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2005, 10:35:43 PM »
They're jealous that you will be getting where your going before they will. If I see you coming you'll get a shift in my position  giving you more room to pass since I too am a rider. I hate it when someone closes in. :mad:

You can citizens arrest those people if you really wanna.  They're seriously just jealous like you said.  Sometimes they'll yell at you and say you're breakin the law, but if you tell em the prices at Wal Mart will still be just as low when they get there they usually calm down! :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2005, 10:38:57 PM »
I've yet to hafta plant my foot in their door, but I've let many a fool know they're #1, and did almost kick another rider off his bike when he tried passing me in a corner once. 

I found that the same old lady that'll look right at you then merge into your lane nearly craps herself when you hit the horn and the rev-limiter symeltaneously(sp).  Usefull and fun info indeed.
RIP KYOTA

grandeyota

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 395
  • Male Posts: 32
  • Member since Apr '05
  • The Gonkulator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2005, 06:06:40 AM »
I hate the box of q-tips with the out of state plates (NY,NJ) that sit through the green lights. Almost makes me wanna fix my horn. Almost.

I'd say the worst experience I have on the road is when my girlfriend drives. Let me apologize to anyone in south FL that has been on the same road as her.
The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2005, 07:18:58 AM »
(1) People who insist on driving in the fast lane making traffic pass on the right.
(2) People who won't pull up to the cars in front of them or stay in the middle of their lane at intersections blocking people from making right turns.
(3) Imports with cheap "fart" pipes - the quality ones sound OK, but there are not many of them out there.
(4) California drivers outside of California. - I spent nearly six months in California in the past couple of years and the people drive well in 8 lane traffic, but they get too impatient out of state on the 4 lane freeways.  Changing lanes just slows everyone down!
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

alwayzbroken

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 603
  • Male Posts: 1,905
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2005, 07:33:44 AM »
I hate all old drivers period. This especially includes retired folk who have part time jobs drvining city buses.
If you still have control you aren't going fast enough

MidgetMike

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 55
  • Male Posts: 668
  • Member since Sep '04
  • My 83 soon to be the sh%*
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2005, 08:18:31 AM »
1.  People on cell phones
2.  people on cell phones that look at you as you cross the street and still pull out and hit you.
3.  Women on cell phones in giant suv's
4.  the p&^*y wanna be bikers at StarBucks that can't ride thier Harley's for :pokinit:
5.  Ford mini vans
6.  Hippies with save the planet stickers driving VW bugs and vans hello gross poluter
7.  People who drive eccentricly nice cars and pull out in front of you because thier car is nice and they assume you won't hit them
8.  people that run stop signs and stop lights
9.  Every one that drives over 25 on my road because all the above apply
10.people that shift at 2000 RPM's rev that f&*ker and go!
Sounds like more tree huggin hippie bull :pokinit:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2005, 08:23:24 AM »

10.people that shift at 2000 RPM's rev that f&*ker and go!

AMEN!!

5. Ford mini vans

How bout ALL minivans!!   :slap:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2005, 08:55:56 AM »
People who commute in LARGE SUVs.
people who read, (novels) in stop and go traffic!
cell phone users (you'll rarely see me using mine if at all, and when it is, its with one of those ear pieces)
People who get pissed off at other peoples sticker on their truck (mine)
greenpeace stickers on a 60's vintage ford truck, with its own smoke screen :hahaha:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2005, 09:05:06 AM »
1.   Microvans
2.   Minivans
3.   Vans
4.   Cell phones without ear and mics pieces
5.   No turn signals
6.   Can't Merge
7.   Doesn't understand Yield.
8.   Understands yield but will not.
9.   Trucks with greenpeace stickers
10.  People who don't watch out for motorcycles.
11.  People on the sidewalks......while I'm...............driving on it.............I guess I could be a little more flexible about this one.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 09:14:42 AM by gonzo »

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2005, 09:35:02 AM »
(1) People who insist on driving in the fast lane making traffic pass on the right.

I finally got so pi$$ed at people doing this I had a license plate frame made (which is easily seen in a rearview mirror since my truck has 5" lift) which says "move over" written backwards in big red letters.

Erik :beerchug:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

blackdiamond

• Turtle Points: 1174
  • Male Posts: 5,057
  • Member since Dec '03
  • Crawlin with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
I finally got so pi$$ed at people doing this I had a license plate frame made (which is easily seen in a rearview mirror since my truck has 5" lift) which says "move over" written backwards in big red letters.

Erik :beerchug:

Very nice indeed, you could probably sell them.  I tell my wife that I am going to keep large "prompt" cards our trucks that say things like, "Move Over" "Please Drive the Speed Limit" "Don't do your personal care while driving" and some other good advise.

As for the hate of minivans (Keep in mind that I don't own one), the Great Rod Millen (World Class Driver) has a Toyota minivan with a supercharge as a POV.  He says that it handles better than most people think and cops don't belive that they go fast enough for tickets.
1989 4Runner: Dual Ultimate (Inchworm front & Marlin 4.70 rear), Marlin Twin Stick, 1200-lb clutch, 4.88 R&P, Aussie Front, Detroit rear, 30-spline Longs, Long hub gears, ARP hub and knuckle studs & 35x12.50 Cooper STT PRO tires.  Marlin rear bumper & sliders.  FROR front bumper.  SAS with Alcan springs & Rancho 9000XL shocks.  Budbuilt Bolt-on traction bar.  Custom Interior Cage by Those Guys Rod and Customs.

Moab Tested & Rubicon Approved

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2005, 11:52:33 AM »

As for the hate of minivans (Keep in mind that I don't own one), the Great Rod Millen (World Class Driver) has a Toyota minivan with a supercharge as a POV. He says that it handles better than most people think and cops don't belive that they go fast enough for tickets.

It's not so much the vans, it's the people who drive them the way they do.

Huhwhye

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 24
  • Male Posts: 639
  • Member since Jan '03
  • Huhwhye, esq.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2005, 12:52:56 PM »
I hate guys on bikes that wont move over to let me pass when I'm riding.  Usually cruisers and often Harley guys that think they are too cool to get passed.  Would it kill them to let me by.  All it would take is to move to the right a little.  I always let other bikes pass me.  No big deal.  When on a 2 lane they force me to pass on the other side of the road, if I can, sometimes there is no place to pass legally on the other side of the road.

They are even worse in groups running a stagger.
'04 Taco DC 4x4

rockhound

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 169
  • Male Posts: 817
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2005, 05:32:27 PM »
Just think of them as pylons.  :yupyup:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 05:43:42 PM by rockhound »
How you 'sposed to know what your limitations are, till you exceed them.

www.RunandPlayMotorsports.com

rockhound

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 169
  • Male Posts: 817
  • Member since Nov '03
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2005, 05:42:59 PM »
1. When the light turns GREEN! It doesn't get any greener. GO!
2. Turn the corner. Trust me , your Buick isn't going to flip over.
3. Lane monitors. You go the speed limit. I'm flowing with traffic. Get the H...outa the way.
If you don't think anyone needs to go faster than you, why do you force them to pass on the right?
4. On ramps are also called acceleration lanes. Punch it!
5. Plan your exit. A 90 degree turn from the fast lane to your off ramp, is ill advised.
6. If you are afraid of high speeds, stay off the freeway. At least stay in the slow lane, but watch your mirror.
How you 'sposed to know what your limitations are, till you exceed them.

www.RunandPlayMotorsports.com

ozzy93xtra

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 127
  • Male Posts: 168
  • Member since Jan '05
  • NEWBIE FO' LIFE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2005, 07:11:13 PM »
I just hate other ppl on the road, at any time. :tantrum: :maddest:
what he said....all of em"
M- I- S- S- I- S- S- I- P- P- I- B- O- U- N- D-

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2005, 08:41:54 PM »
I hate guys on bikes that wont move over to let me pass when I'm riding.  Usually cruisers and often Harley guys that think they are too cool to get passed.  Would it kill them to let me by.  All it would take is to move to the right a little.  I always let other bikes pass me.  No big deal.  When on a 2 lane they force me to pass on the other side of the road, if I can, sometimes there is no place to pass legally on the other side of the road.

They are even worse in groups running a stagger.

I ride an f4i, and if anybody(cruiser or otherwise) wants to pass me at any given time, go ahead, just do it safely.  I'll gladly follow laughingly till I get bored and pass you back in the corners, or if you're faster than me, see ya later :wave:   It's usually the cruiser guys with the "I'll show this crotch-rocket kid how to ride" mentality, then they slow WAY down in the corners. 
RIP KYOTA

KYOTA

• Turtle Points: 1759
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Wreckin Ball '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2005, 09:13:00 PM »
Too many damn idiots think they're Nascar drivers, wont let you in, speed up when you try and get over or cut you off and then go SLOWER than you wer going when they were behind you WTF!! ?? everyone just HAS to be in the front. On more than one occassion I've run these fools into speed traps with them trying to pass and haul ass with my radar detector and I'll backer' down at the last second and guess who gets nailed? my buddy the Nascar wannabe, I just honk and wave as I cruise by.

PinkToyota

• Internet Lassies
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 13
  • Female Posts: 222
  • Member since Dec '04
  • I LOVE PINK SOO MUCH
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2005, 09:19:24 PM »
i hate when someone pulls out in front of you to where you gotta slam on the breaks, then go like 20! and tailgating. Or when im trying to be cool and drive all fast and people wont get out of my way.  :tantrum:
~*~*Stevany*~*~

Silly boys, trucks are for girls!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2005, 10:27:39 PM »
1. When the light turns GREEN! It doesn't get any greener. GO!
2. Turn the corner. Trust me , your Buick isn't going to flip over.
3. Lane monitors. You go the speed limit. I'm flowing with traffic. Get the H...outa the way.
If you don't think anyone needs to go faster than you, why do you force them to pass on the right?
4. On ramps are also called acceleration lanes. Punch it!
5. Plan your exit. A 90 degree turn from the fast lane to your off ramp, is ill advised.
6. If you are afraid of high speeds, stay off the freeway. At least stay in the slow lane, but watch your mirror.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  :hahaha:  :talkingn:  :yupyup:  :hahaha:  :laugh:  :hahaha:  :laugh:  :joke: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's the best laugh I've had in a LONG time!! :rofl:

Thanks Rockhound I needed that  :ladys-man:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

alyssa2004

• Marlin Crawler
  • I used to Crawl. I still do, but I used to, too.
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2005, 11:44:23 AM »
tailgaters. they pi$$ me off SO bad. I was taking 193 to Lincoln yesterday, some punk in a :pokinit: honda with lame mods was RIGHT on my  :moon: nearly the entire way ...i pulled over to let him pass me, he was going so fast he damn near rearended me as i was slowing down to get over. for those who don't know, 193 is really twisty right out of Newcastle, and he must have been going 60-70, the idiot. and to top it all off, it was raining...argh.  :maddest:

camo89

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 308
  • Member since Apr '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2005, 11:54:39 AM »
i hate pepole who sit right beside you when you have your signal on and are towing a trailor i change lanes aney way but thay could move
mopar parts

yotapride

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 115
  • Member since Mar '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2005, 01:06:22 PM »
when people all of the sudden feel the neet to slam on the brakes  and make a turn with no blinker action ahead of time.