Author Topic: Things you hate about other drivers.  (Read 18747 times)

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Things you hate about other drivers.
« Reply #90 on: Jul 28, 2005, 10:19:02 PM »
I hate people that drive slow in the left lane, and you have to pass them on the right, then get mad at you for it!!!! :mad:   Oh and I hate the way my wife drives!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greengrin:   No seriously, I do!!!

I can't stand riding in a vehicle when we're towing something, and I'm not the one behind the wheel, specially when it's someone I know doesn't know how to tow
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

germ

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 349
  • Male Posts: 733
  • Member since Dec '04
  • Work sucks, I'm goin' wheelin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Jul 29, 2005, 09:09:28 AM »
Sometimes my wife's driving scares the $hit out of me. She's been in 4 accidents in the last 2 years, and I haven't had one in almost 20. Worst part is...she hauls my kids around. It's a scary thought. I'd be surprised if there is a yellow pole in town she hasn't hit.

Funny thing is...she's afraid to go 4 wheeling, cause she thinks it's dangerous. Hmmm...slow speed, well built vehicle, skilled drivers (for the most part). The highways are much more scary to me.

Erik :usa:
* Regardless of what happens, someone will find a way to take it too seriously.
* 2% rule: Must be 2% smarter than what your working on.
* If you make something even a fool can use, only a fool will use it.
* I've been crapping in the woods longer than lil'buddy has been alive!

RK

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 757
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Me, crazy?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Jul 29, 2005, 09:38:13 AM »
The highways are much more scary to me.

The whole "LA Story" scene just popped in my head.

I hate people that are in the hammer lane, and bolt to the exit at tha last possible minute.
Max
Black Hole Racing - 84 Jackalope/79 Devil Bunny/87 Golf - Service rig: 2012 Ram 3500

decyfer

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 36
  • Male Posts: 240
  • Member since Mar '05
  • look at that ass
    • View Profile
    • my little business
« Reply #93 on: Jul 29, 2005, 10:42:25 AM »
what about when people sit a light waiting to turn right. the bastards do go, even though there is no traffic in sight and they just let the light turn in there favor. and then there is me sitting behind them yelling my head off and hitting my steering wheel.  i get agro.

or when people put their turn signal on and don't turn and you pull out cause you think the're going. but guess what the're not. they suck
is it bad when you unplug the power wire from your stereo and it still plays

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Jul 29, 2005, 03:57:01 PM »

Funny thing is...she's afraid to go 4 wheeling, cause she thinks it's dangerous. Hmmm...slow speed, well built vehicle, skilled drivers (for the most part). The highways are much more scary to me.

Erik :usa:

No kidding. Crawlin, the most dangerous place is outside of the vehicle, where you might get landed on  :shocking:  I'd much rather roll my truck while crawlin than say going 70 down the freeway.
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Jul 29, 2005, 04:49:18 PM »
 :sheerterror:   The thought of a 28,000 lb motorhome towing another 5,000 lbs behind it with my wife driving scares the hell out of me, but guess what, I'm gona have to deal with it and if someone could pray for us I think it may just help.  :crossed: I know I am going to be  :red_eyes:  when we get to the Rubicon and I won't be so  :paranoid: about the rest of the trip.
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 2000
  • Male Posts: 734
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #96 on: Jul 29, 2005, 04:59:01 PM »
On Myth Busters they did a comparison of driving abilities when on the cell phone and when you have been drinking.  They found that being on the cell phone is more dangerous than being drunk.  The only good thing was that you could put down the cell phone but you could not make yourself sober as easily.

People talking on the cell phone while driving, is my # 1 "hate" about other drivers.  :driving:
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2005, 05:53:02 AM by gonzo »

mudguts

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 1114
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Meat of the Gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Jul 29, 2005, 05:12:23 PM »
On Myth Busters they did a comparison of driving abilities when on the cell phone and when you have been drinking.  They found that being on the cell phone is more dangerous than being drunk.  The only good thing was that you could put down the cell phone but you could make your self sober as easily.

People talking on the cell phone while driving, is my # 1 "hate" about other drivers.  :driving:
Talking on a cell phone whilst driving brings out all the bad qualities, such as,no signals, driving too slow, speeding, tailgating, hesitating at lights and stop signs and many more. It is just a stupid thing to do, because people who do it are STUPID.
:nerv:                                                                                               :turtle: I love T.I.T.S. :turtle:

guywithuglyyota [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 212
  • Male Posts: 810
  • Member since Jul '04
  • F-22 Crew Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Jul 30, 2005, 07:28:20 PM »
Another reason I just had my cell phone turned off permanently! Best thing I have ever done!
Comedy is the last refuge of the nonconformist mind.

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Male Posts: 2,803
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #99 on: Jul 31, 2005, 09:23:32 AM »
When you are going to work (and are already running late) in a 45 and people are going 20!
Oh THAT really gets my blood boiling :maddest: how bout a 55 and they are going 35 :tantrum:

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #100 on: Jul 31, 2005, 09:27:30 AM »
Talking on a cell phone whilst driving brings out all the bad qualities, such as,no signals, driving too slow, speeding, tailgating, hesitating at lights and stop signs and many more. It is just a stupid thing to do, because people who do it are STUPID.

You got it toecutter :thumbs:

dragr1

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 124
  • Male Posts: 67
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Aug 01, 2005, 09:09:37 PM »
I gotta say that my biggest gripe is those darn left lane drivers!
1985 4Runner, all the normal stuff

2007 Toyota Tacoma CC TRD 4x4

2000 Suburban 2500 4x4

2002 Lexus IS300

1991 Allegro (Ole Krusty) Motorhome

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Aug 02, 2005, 04:43:33 PM »

That is about it :yupyup:  I rarely talk on my cell phone when I am driving, heck, I usually ingore it anyway :hahaha:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

-Ronald Reagan

bigdaddypoppop

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -147
  • Male Posts: 16
  • Member since Jun '05
  • America love it or leave it!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Aug 02, 2005, 05:29:36 PM »
Very nice indeed, you could probably sell them. I tell my wife that I am going to keep large "prompt" cards our trucks that say things like, "Move Over" "Please Drive the Speed Limit" "Don't do your personal care while driving" and some other good advise.

As for the hate of minivans (Keep in mind that I don't own one), the Great Rod Millen (World Class Driver) has a Toyota minivan with a supercharge as a POV. He says that it handles better than most people think and cops don't belive that they go fast enough for tickets.
  I always wanted to get a reader board to hang in the window so I can explain exactly how freakin stupid I think they are.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Aug 02, 2005, 05:38:52 PM »
  I always wanted to get a reader board to hang in the window so I can explain exactly how freakin stupid I think they are.

My brother, roommate and I came up with some great stuff goign snowboarding last year.  We just wrote it on a notebook with permanent marker, and held it against the window,( allong with something else usually :moon: )

-Ronald Reagan

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Aug 02, 2005, 06:35:08 PM »
I had Moe Ron A. Whol pass me, cut me off, WITHOUT a turn signal, to get into the left hand turning lane and then, in a line of traffic, when the guy to the right and in front of her put on his turn signal to get in the lane A. Whol did all she could to block this guy out of getting in front of her, of course I let him in front of me.
It never ceases to amaze me what BUTT WHOLS some people on the road can be. And 9 times out of 10 it seems to be some arrogant biatch.
I would sooner make space in line in front of me for a guy in a big truck hauling a trailer, then I would some biatch that thinks she is just going to squeeze in with out even the consideration of a turn signal.
YOu can see when they are looking to get over, but if they are not signalling? :dunno: how do I know what there intention is? and I will do all I can to make sure it's not in front of me.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

reklund5

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 286
  • Male Posts: 1,263
  • Member since Nov '03
  • I love my Marlin Crawler!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Aug 02, 2005, 08:28:03 PM »
I hate it when there are signs for the past 5 miles that read "right lane ends, 5 miles"  "right lane ends, 4 miles" etc.  and then when you get to where the lane ends, some asshat decides to go in the right lane until it absolutely ends, and then wants everyone in the left lane to stop and let them in.  I NEVER let them in unless they honestly look like they didn't know.  But you all know the people who deliberately speed past the line of cars in the left lane, and then want in at the last minute.   :maddest:

Ryan
'84 Hilux, locked, dual-cased, winched, EFI converted, 37" tired, half-doored (in the summer...)
'87 Supra, 400 HP.  smooth as glass at 130 'cause my tires are NEW!...
'92 F250 Diesel, tow rig, ATS Turbo, leveling kit, killer stereo

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Aug 02, 2005, 08:42:32 PM »
 :tantrum: I hate these dump truck drivers that think they can intimidate you into going faster by riding up on you when you are allready going 10+ over the limit. I was in the left lane on the interstate doing 70 or so and this guy runs up behind me like he owns the road. he was trying to scare me, but it backfired when he was 2 ft off my bumper I reached up with my left foot while I was still on the gas holding my speed and hit the brakes hard enough to make the truck lunge when the brake lights came on, :sheerterror:  He locked up his brakes and turned the wheel and when he realized he wasn't going to hit me he was heading straight for the off ramp like he had planned it the whole time.  :haha: Good thing cause I'm sure he soiled him self and needed to clean up a bit. :laugh:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #108 on: Aug 06, 2005, 07:35:38 PM »
I hate the way that you all drive!!!   :snare:   All y'all and if I see you on the road Ima gonna cut you off cause the world revolves around me.  You guys are here in my world on my freeway  :driving:   and that has ta stop!!

My guess is you're that guy that is sitting next to me at the stop-light and when it turns green you go weaving in and out of traffic until the next light and again you're sitting next to me. I get a laugh when that happens. :rofl2:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #109 on: Aug 07, 2005, 01:43:07 AM »
what he said :imwithstupid:

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #110 on: Aug 07, 2005, 12:24:02 PM »
:tantrum: I hate these dump truck drivers that think they can intimidate you into going faster by riding up on you when you are allready going 10+ over the limit. I was in the left lane on the interstate doing 70 or so and this guy runs up behind me like he owns the road. he was trying to scare me, but it backfired when he was 2 ft off my bumper I reached up with my left foot while I was still on the gas holding my speed and hit the brakes hard enough to make the truck lunge when the brake lights came on, :sheerterror: He locked up his brakes and turned the wheel and when he realized he wasn't going to hit me he was heading straight for the off ramp like he had planned it the whole time. :haha: Good thing cause I'm sure he soiled him self and needed to clean up a bit. :laugh:

:funny:

CTENG in KS

• Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
« Reply #111 on: Aug 07, 2005, 01:00:46 PM »
Muppet!!  Where you been!!?
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0

gonzo

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Climb Baby Climb!
    • View Profile
    • My 8E6 runner
« Reply #112 on: Aug 07, 2005, 01:25:39 PM »
Muppet!! Where you been!!?

Hey CT :wave: working.....working......working.....an no time for the board. It will slow down soon.

Bob Garrett

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 7
  • Male Posts: 134
  • Member since Mar '04
  • Lone Star Land Cruisers
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Aug 08, 2005, 10:53:30 AM »
:tantrum: I hate these dump truck drivers that think they can intimidate you into going faster by riding up on you when you are allready going 10+ over the limit. I was in the left lane on the interstate doing 70 or so and this guy runs up behind me like he owns the road. he was trying to scare me, but it backfired when he was 2 ft off my bumper I reached up with my left foot while I was still on the gas holding my speed and hit the brakes hard enough to make the truck lunge when the brake lights came on, :sheerterror:  He locked up his brakes and turned the wheel and when he realized he wasn't going to hit me he was heading straight for the off ramp like he had planned it the whole time.  :haha: Good thing cause I'm sure he soiled him self and needed to clean up a bit. :laugh:

Could of been a much different scenerio if he had lost control of the truck and injured or killed innocent folks. I know that people driving like that are annoying, but I try to move out of their way if I can and leave traffic law enforcement to the pros.

Bob
Bob Garrett
95 FZJ80
83 Mini Truck

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #114 on: Aug 08, 2005, 01:30:10 PM »
Could of been a much different scenerio if he had lost control of the truck and injured or killed innocent folks. I know that people driving like that are annoying, but I try to move out of their way if I can and leave traffic law enforcement to the pros.

Bob

I'd agree with you on this, would you want to be the car in the next lane over sitting beside that truck as it jack-knifed into you, sweeping up you and anything in its path? Just let the jackass pass you, write down the plate and report it to the local authorities. Don't think that will do any good? Most dump drivers are local and run the same route time and time again until the area they are working on is completed. A good chat with the watch-commander and he/she will put the word out on the truck.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #115 on: Aug 12, 2005, 06:42:39 AM »
I hate it when I"m tryin to merge onto the freeway and a semi is doin 75 tryin not to let me in in front of him when i'm already doin 75 tryin to get in front of him :tantrum:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

biteme

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 119
  • Member since Nov '03
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Aug 13, 2005, 09:54:12 PM »
Isn't the speed limit 55 in Oregon????? ::)  :shake:  :shakehead:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #117 on: Aug 14, 2005, 09:58:03 AM »
Isn't the speed limit 55 in Oregon????? ::)  :shake:  :shakehead:

55 for truck drivers, 65 for regular vehicles, but I'm tellin ya, they don't do more than 68 out here  :shake:   :disturbed:

FATB0Y

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
    • fatboy on my space.com
« Reply #118 on: Aug 22, 2005, 05:53:13 AM »
:maddest: I hate when someone pulls out in front of me..I'm runnin' 70+ :driving: .....drives 300yrds...turns left...no signal..and got a dam phone in his ear......  :phone:   I'd love to see how good he could drive with it up his :moon:

wa4x4

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -310
  • Male Posts: 1,569
  • Member since Jul '05
  • I'm about to tear the curb up
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Aug 22, 2005, 05:59:08 AM »
Guys driving in your blind spot. When you're running late and doing 90... I switched lanes, almost hit him, then he tries to run me off the road and gives me the finger...nice.
2007 Satin white pearl STi- mostly stock
2006 WRX TR 320whp 343wtq, taken in a road rage wreck
1998 4runner, needs to become wheeler status