Author Topic: Welcome to my MORPH project w/ a 92' Toyota p/u 4 X 4 frame 'High ~N~ Dry'  (Read 5898 times)

WizardMaster

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 52
  • Member since Jul '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Just to take a break and tell ya a little about myself.. I'm new to the 4 X 4 life, especially lifted trucks. I'm not new to engine building, modifications, welding, etc. My imagination takes me where ever I want it to and I build from there as I go. I really never plan ahead but concentrate on the task at hand. My morph is my first Toyota platform I've had and even though I like Toyota,  I'm a Chevy guy by birth. My dad started at the Kalamazoo GM plant when it opened approx. 1965 and retired shortly before it shut it's doors in 1995. The hardest brand for me to cope with was Chrysler. That's a strange engine to work with. I can build a GM engine blind folded. Anyway, here's a couple I restored since moving to Florida in 1993. The 1965 Chevy Impala RS and the 1971 Chevy El Camino SS. I rebuilt the original numbers matching 327 in the impala, but, installed a built TH350 trans.  The Elky already had a built 350/TH350 race ready for the 1/4 mile run. Both were rockets and very fun to drive!!  I played with many cool sports cars here but those two were my true restos. I've customized racing lawnmowers for drag racing as well.

Yours may go fast,but, mine can go anywhere and if you get in my way, I'll run over you with my big tires, the Taco Box way...... Nice and slowwwwwwww......

WizardMaster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Next was my lawn tractor project a friend dug out from behind his shop and hauled to me in swap. The tractor looked as if it wasn't resurrect-able and I never thought it would run.  It sat behind his lawn mower shop for many years after he stopped racing it. I wanted it because it had the modified racing rear axle in it.  It was as factory looking as they get with a lower deck that was inoperable. It was time to chuck the extra junk and start new!!  I even welded golf cart wheels together and made a set of dually tires, see photo. The duals are on the left. Anyway, I stripped it all down to nothing, rebuilt and lubed the inside of the axle, removed the 9 hp engine installed a new 18 hp V-twin with dual exhaust. I  widened the rear fenders, installed a fiberglass cobra hood scoop, etc. etc.  and sent the parts out to be painted Cosmic black with heavy flake.  Every inch of this beast was custom and it would do well over 50 mph.  I believe it was also a 6 speed. Everything about it was functional. I miss that tractor. Sold it to a guy who traveled all the way from Sebastian Inlet/ South Florida cause he wanted an attraction piece in front of his golf cart sore. I was going to use it as a sand racer but never did.

« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2019, 01:51:09 PM by WizardMaster »
Yours may go fast,but, mine can go anywhere and if you get in my way, I'll run over you with my big tires, the Taco Box way...... Nice and slowwwwwwww......

WizardMaster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
As for my Capri XR2 Turbo, being a 6' 4" tall fella, it was a tight fit for a fun car and i wasn't having any of that. I removed the back seat and custom build a speaker enclosure to fit, and I move my seats back against it.  My legs could now lay down instead of being into the dash!! Loved that car! 1994 I believe.

𝓣𝓞𝓨𝓞𝓣𝓐

• Shoutbox Ban
  • Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 193
  • Member since Jul '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Man that Impala is huuuuge. Looks super clean.

WizardMaster [OP]

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since Jul '19
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Man that Impala is huuuuge. Looks super clean.

Yep, I believe it was 19' end to end cause it wouldn't fit the in the small side of my shop with the 8' door so I had to park it and restore it in the larger side of the two. When we had our house built in 1997, we had it stretched in both directions so I had plenty of room for my Impala! The garage was lengthened and widened as was most of the interior of the house. And we didn't like small kitchens or other rooms. I built the 800 sq. ft.  shop in the back yard in 2000 and I added a 400 sq. ft. addition to the side of the house/garage. I miss the basements up north, so I call my addition, my basement LOL.... Here's a shot I took with my drone over the winter. I have everything I need, right there.