Author Topic: Sparkplug & 22hilux trade gone bad.  (Read 7612 times)

79coyotefrg

• Rock Ninja
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Re: Sparkplug & 22hilux trade gone bad.
« Reply #30 on: Nov 22, 2010, 10:11:54 AM »
if you pay attention to what john writes it says the 87 is a pile of :pokinit: . these are his words admitting it's a 200 pile of :pokinit: . on top of it being a pile of :pokinit: it has a ROD KNOCK (not 22re valve chatter at start up )and when i drove it 2miles to my softball practice it reached the top white line on the temp gauge .

i don't give a ratt's ass who drove it where the day before , it isn't driveable since the moment it came off my trailer.
i didn't take a test drive because i took john's word well we all see where that has led us

just ask yourself if you were buying a used vehicle and the seller tells you the motor is new but it doesn't make it 2miles without almost blowing up would you be happy (put yourself in my shoes )also the moderator 79 that started this thread informed me that john told him that i owed john 500 which is a complete lie
mr moderator can you please let everyone know what you told me about john contacting you and saying i owed him 500 !

i was the one asked john for 500 to replace the motor in his 87 runner . i would have settled for 300 but because john doesn't back his word on this deal we are now in this stupid box wasting time instead of out wheelin and drinking a beer
i even told john after he wouldn't do anything to forget it "good bye" cause it wasn't worth my time to bicker over a few hundred dollars and he then contacted the moderator and lied about me owing him money.john has profitted from this deal and i have lost aprox. 1000 sounds like a bargin yea!
well Mr moderator didnt have both sides of the story and since my wreck get things mixed up on who is who BUT I can go back and get pm's ive sent and recieved to get my head back on right.

a trade went bad, 22hilux trying to say I didnt tell him the runner he got was beat up, also trying to say engine is blown up. Ive asked for diagnosis, all he will tell me is it gets hot, he drove 4 miles, it got hot, parked, told me it piece of :pokinit:, demanding 500 bucks from me? I woud pay, if he wud diagnose the motor, not just say it overheating it a pos. He then tried to say that i didnt tell him the body was beat up, or that it needed a tps. I wud appreciate it if u cud get our shot box convo, like 3-4 days ago i think, at night, and send it to me, so I have it. Also, should I make a thread about this? thanks 

John

I then sent you a pm asking you about this deal.

you said he screwed you then sent this pm

i asked him for 500 because the 4-runner he traded me is a total pile of poo . so after screwing with me he's now lying to you ! he has a colorful imagination
we made a deal to trade based upon description and additional parts that he agreed to give me . i didn't care that his truck had dents i was looking for a good commuter . he claims the 22re in his truck was rebuilt but from the moment i unloaded it from my trailer there were problems cold start has bad rod knock and it overheats. in addition the hydro carbon's coming through the cab are enough to make you either sick or pass out . so after burping the cooling system making sure it was toped off and removing the thermostat i let it idol in my driveway for a while aprox. 30min it continued to overheat . everytime it got to the top white line (base model gauge cluster)i shut her down . i then contacted john and asked him to work with me on it , basically i told him he should give me 500 to cover parts for a rebuilt 22re . he then began giving me a million excuses and said i was lying  or making up the issues the motor has . after going back and forth with him he wouldn't agree to give me anything so i told him "good bye" wasn't gonna waste anymore of my time (already had drove over 6hrs and spent over 150 in gas to make the deal with him ) in addtion when i had arrived at his place he didn't have the parts he agreed to give me , so he says oh just pick something else (from his shed of broken thrashed parts)
he was supposed to have 4 3rd members for me
here's a list of what i got 2 3rds w/misc broken 3rd parts ,1front housing w/axles,1 2wd fender,1 22re block rusted, 1 radiator
he's already sold my rig for a profit and then claims he has no money to settle w/ me .he should pay 500 or atleast 300
anything you can do in this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks adam

now from what I have read so far you traded for a truck several people have said ran fine WITHOUT test driving it AFTER sparkplug suggested you do.

Ive got to run. but I'll be back in a couple hours.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Nov 22, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »
I get into the problem that... "according to what Ive heard"

John offered to bring down an engine... check that one out and if something is wrong to swap it out.

I personally... after someone drove the rig out of my site and it broke down.. I might offer a hand on wrenching but none of my parts or money would go towards a truck that I sold and dont know what the new owner did to it around the corner.

Not saying you did anything wrong, or that you would... BUT I know that there are people out there who, after seeing a large amount of available parts just lying around, would consider doing things like loosening head bolts and running the engine making it blow a headgasket if they thought they could get money or another complete engine or anything out of the seller...

a head gasket is CHEAP and easy.... especially if you are planning on some upgrades or something? already planning on rebuilding... throwing a better head or better block in said rig?

once again NOT SAYING YOU WOULD, but even if someone came back to my place 20 minutes after I sold it to them saying this that and the other...  I might discuss things... but they would be REAL lucky to get ANYTHING but a hand wrenching, because there is NO WAY to know what they did around the corner
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

22hilux

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Nov '10
  • lots of parts in toyota heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Nov 22, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
this is what i recieved from moderator 79coyotefrg
I'm Glen, one of the Marlin forum moderators.  he sent me a pm telling me you owed him 500 bucks.

give me your side of the story,  I might be able to have him get square with you or be banned.

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Nov 22, 2010, 10:27:35 AM »
this is what i recieved from moderator 79coyotefrg
yes, but as I already said I didnt have the whole story.  because obviously YOU were the one wanting money NOT sparkplug.

I've got to go. this thread is locked till I return.
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

Sparkplug

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Nov 22, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
Lets get some things staraight here:

I told you before you left to WAIT, but you were in a hurry you said, I told you that I would need to wait to get ahold of my bud for the parts to pay for delivery, you knew that, dont try and act otherwise, that would be a lie.

I never said I had paperwork on the rebuild, or 100 percent proof, wat I did say is that it ran great, had good comp, was clean as hell, and judging from paperwork I ASSUMED IT HAD A NEW ENGINE, along with i assuemed the trans had been gone through at some point.

I have not asked for money from you at all. I did say that there were plenty of thing undisclosed with the truck I got, and if you feel that strongly about the deal, i woyuld pay for your diagnosed repairs, but would have to ask for compensation for the things that you did not tell me.

Pay attetntion to wat I write, I never said the runner was a piece of crap, I said it had a beat body, and a good running engine, thasts why this all started. YOU THREATENED ME WITH A LAWSUIT, then refused to respond. So I asked 79coyote for shout box info, and if a thread should be made, so everyone can see the deal, being as how we both sell parts on here I feel this is only fair to potential people that may get parts from us, seeing how deals go.

As far as overheating, and fumes in cab. Do you remember I told you it needed a tps, or possibly a afm? Maybe the tps has gone out so bad at this point its casuing the timing to screw up, which in turn wud cause the overheating you speak of. But at this point, the way you talked to me, refused to diagnose, or even work on the thing, I really dont see why I should help you.
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #35 on: Nov 24, 2010, 12:44:35 PM »
i'm not taking sides.  both of you had a chance to look eachothers rigs over before trading.  no one forced you to trade.  used car dealers lie all the time about a vehicle. do you believe everything they say? i hope not.  you guys both had a chance to  :argue: question and test eachothers rigs BEFORE you traded.  it might be a bad deal on both sides, but hey, thats what happens when deals are made and all the probelms are overlooked til later. just my  :twocents:.

:popcorn:
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

BoG-ToY

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: 594
  • Male Posts: 2,122
  • Member since Dec '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Nov 24, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »
superyota, I think thats the way almost every OUTSIDER here feels...
Sand, what fun, drop pressure to 12psi, stock tires are still digging, can't afford to get stuck, 8psi, still not working. Find a place to GET OUT, air up, un-lock hubs,  WAIT whats this, hubs are UN-LOCKED already. 2wd, 8psi, stock tires, Oregon sand dunes.

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #37 on: Nov 24, 2010, 01:04:27 PM »
who called who first to complain?  i might have missed it in the previous posts? 
ABD Motorsports

KK6QDW

Sparkplug

• Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -130
  • Male Posts: 2,046
  • Member since Jan '08
  • Doin it Standing Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Nov 24, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
He texted me 2 days later, told me it overheats. I told him maybe tps causing it, I dunno. Then he started being rude, insulting me, threatened with a lawsuit, then said goodbye. I am not unhappy with the deal like ive said before, It pisses me off he refused to diagnose the motor, drives it hot, threatens and insults me, then demands money? I have only been buyin and sellin for about 5 yrs now, and I already know that sometimes, things go wrong, or people have 2nd thoughts down the road.
2008 TRD 4x4 Double Cab Tacoma
1994 12 valve 5 speed 4x4 single cab dodge 2500
1986 22re 5speed 3link 4runner (the beater)
1982 3rz swapped pickup (in progress)

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #39 on: Nov 24, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »
i would like to see the look on judge's face when he sees a suit over a 20y.o. 4runner.  i'd be suprised if they even let it in.  used cars are sold "AS IS".  thats all there is to it. 
ABD Motorsports

KK6QDW

joeycool00

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 315
  • Member since Mar '10
  • 3rd f.a.s.t yes i'm a Jar Head!and proud of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 24, 2010, 02:25:21 PM »
this is retarted! whats done is done! Ive traded stupidly in the heat of the moment and came out behind...call it buyers remorse or getting screwed but we all have free will, and at the end of the day we grow wiser learning from our past failures! heres my big screw up....traded my 66 chevelle malibu sports coupe for a 2003 diesel 1 ton with bad censors, glow plugs and a couple injectors! 2000 dollar lesson and still miss my  malibu. but as I said, it was my choice, and now i live with it!

life is hard, but it is harder if your stupid!
Love wheeling in  central washington state, wouldn't have it any other way!

79coyotefrg [OP]

• Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '02
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 24, 2010, 04:27:01 PM »
this is retarted! whats done is done! Ive traded stupidly in the heat of the moment and came out behind...call it buyers remorse or getting screwed but we all have free will, and at the end of the day we grow wiser learning from our past failures! heres my big screw up....traded my 66 chevelle malibu sports coupe for a 2003 diesel 1 ton with bad censors, glow plugs and a couple injectors! 2000 dollar lesson and still miss my  malibu. but as I said, it was my choice, and now i live with it!

:yikes:  DUDE,  you should be tar'd and feathered for trading a cherry Malibu for a FORD  :haha:

ANY WHOOO 
Sparkplug has been more than helpful in this,  22Hilux on the other hand wants to point and accuse. so everyone gets to seethe drama.  I have learned something from all this.   Sparkplug isnt the bonehead I thought he was, and seems to be a stand up guy.   

yota4x4sc

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 28
  • Male Posts: 596
  • Member since Oct '10
  • Santa Cruz, CA
    • View Profile
    • My YOTA Pics (click here)
« Reply #42 on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:12:04 PM »
i think i would rather have that diesel than a car..that things sick
:usa: 92 xcab, full width, 39.5 boggers, beadlocks, 60 f arb 5.86s , 60 r spool , duals, 4.7 rear... 3.sl0, bobed , all pro 6 inch leafs f and r :usa:

22hilux

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 40
  • Member since Nov '10
  • lots of parts in toyota heaven
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »
just a word to anyone looking to trade,buy,or sell look out for SPARKPLUG ,john he will take advantage of you

he lied to the moderator here on marlin forum and will lie to anyone to get what he wants

here's what the mod said to me

I'm Glen, one of the Marlin forum moderators.  he sent me a pm telling me you owed him 500 bucks.

NO,  it was 22hilux that wanted extra money out of the deal NOT SPARKPLUG

give me your side of the story,  I might be able to have him get square with you or be banned.
HEY  what part of "I GOT YOU AND HIM CONFUSED"  dont you understand.

yes I said that but I had ONLY heard YOUR SIDE OF THE STORY  :slap:

22hilux  YOU are a lot closer to the ban hammer than he is.  IS THAT PLAIN ENOUGH FOR YOU??
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2010, 10:23:51 AM by 79coyotefrg »

fade

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -9
  • Male Posts: 1,018
  • Member since Oct '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 26, 2010, 10:31:23 AM »
Haha nice glen.
96 horunner 3.4 elocker armored
86 mini truck 18" rays
09 highlander
70 suburban

wakkjobb

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -18
  • Male Posts: 1,590
  • Member since Dec '08
  • Back at it after 5 years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Nov 29, 2010, 06:08:54 PM »
I thought this was gonna get locked?  :confused:

Either way it's a good lesson for people to learn from... hopefully.  :crossed:  I'll bet most folks on here have a similar tale or two as well; best thing you can do is cut your losses and move forward as best you can.

>>Dan
ASE certified shadetree mechanic and spoon operator
IronClad: If I wanted to hold hands and be nice I'd become a hippie.
85 4Runner, duals, 38s, 5.29s, locked, 3.4 swapped, GranVille Edition

joeycool00

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -10
  • Male Posts: 315
  • Member since Mar '10
  • 3rd f.a.s.t yes i'm a Jar Head!and proud of it
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Nov 30, 2010, 01:30:16 AM »
I thought this was gonna get locked?  :confused:

Either way it's a good lesson for people to learn from... hopefully.  :crossed:  I'll bet most folks on here have a similar tale or two as well; best thing you can do is cut your losses and move forward as best you can.

>>Dan
WELL SAID!
life is hard, but it is harder if your stupid!
Love wheeling in  central washington state, wouldn't have it any other way!