Author Topic: got the cat!!!  (Read 16095 times)

pyrosnow911

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 418
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
Re: got the cat!!!
« Reply #60 on: Sep 29, 2008, 06:31:23 PM »
man all around where i live in Cali people are getting them jacked... im glad im at school with my baby in idaho where there is no such thing as emissions. you want to get them then weld an extra pipe around the ends of the cat for added thickness, then get another pipe a tiny bit bigger that iwll be a little loose, and dont weld it. then ony more peice larger and weld that, they will try to cut through and when they hit the unwelded peice it will just spin for days.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #61 on: Sep 29, 2008, 07:50:46 PM »
man all around where i live in Cali people are getting them jacked... im glad im at school with my baby in idaho where there is no such thing as emissions. you want to get them then weld an extra pipe around the ends of the cat for added thickness, then get another pipe a tiny bit bigger that iwll be a little loose, and dont weld it. then ony more peice larger and weld that, they will try to cut through and when they hit the unwelded peice it will just spin for days.

Nice thought if they are using a saw, but a torch and you're done.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

pyrosnow911

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Male Posts: 418
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sep 29, 2008, 08:01:20 PM »
true but im pretty sure most of them use a saw not a torch. they arent that smart.

85yotabox

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 218
  • Member since Apr '07
  • shitlbuffout
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Oct 22, 2008, 09:13:48 AM »
i live in napa and i have the same problem around my area, once i heard of this i just put a flange on both sides of my cat and made another piece of pipe with the same flanges to bolt in when i dont have to smog it. ist kind of a pain but its wortn the saved money.i hate people who have no respect for other peoples stuff. a couple months ago i got my brand new boggers slashed because someones friend "thought" i wanted to steal his sterio. luckly i watched him do it so i got my money back for them.
Chicks dig body damage! 
build it to beat it!

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:05:23 AM »
Im all for the no cat idea, All I got is a glasspack, kinda loud, but I havn't had too much problems with the cops, eventually I want to have it set up to where I can bolt in my cat and swap it out by bolting in an empty pipe in place of it.  and maybe even furthur down the road clean out the insides of the cat so it looks like I have one to make the cops happy, but it won't do anything.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #65 on: Dec 30, 2008, 11:53:41 PM »
If you have the stock cat it is a bolt in deal but making the tube that would be installed in place of the cat is a big federal offense. In CA it could run in to the tens of thousands of dollars for the shop that makes one.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

toyotanner

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 66
  • Male Posts: 1,958
  • Member since Oct '07
  • low n slow
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Dec 31, 2008, 08:27:03 AM »
if i had a cat i would beat the guts out of it and put it on and wait for some tweek to take the time to take it off and its a hollow cat :haha:

RABIDYOTA

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -107
  • Male Posts: 336
  • Member since Mar '06
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »
test tubes are leagle for off road use only i don't known bout CA. but the exhaust shop i worked at if you brought in you'r vehicle on a trailer ( or it was sitting there when we opened) with no plates on it we would do what ever you wanted all you has to say it was a race car or off road use only      ya it's a grey area but it got us busness no one else would do

boggerunner

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 9
  • Male Posts: 3,140
  • Member since May '06
  • Philberbuilt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:45:01 AM »
dont beat the guts out of your cat, i know a recycler who gives 125 for 4 cyl cats and 150 for v6 cats.  he is always traveling from texas to salt lake and everywhere in between.

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Jan 18, 2009, 09:02:49 PM »
dont beat the guts out of your cat, i know a recycler who gives 125 for 4 cyl cats and 150 for v6 cats.  he is always traveling from texas to salt lake and everywhere in between.

Oh reary?!  I've had a guy contact me through craigslist and say he'd come up to redding and buy my cats, but he flaked. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Jan 29, 2010, 12:25:59 PM »

Now I feel ripped off.  I only got $50 bucks for my 4 cyl cat.

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Jan 29, 2010, 12:27:23 PM »
If you have the stock cat it is a bolt in deal but making the tube that would be installed in place of the cat is a big federal offense. In CA it could run in to the tens of thousands of dollars for the shop that makes one.
Yeah, but my truck was liscensed in CO so it wasn't a big deal.  And I have a tacoma now that doesn't have a problem passing inspection here in UT

4x4Haze

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 7
  • Male Posts: 337
  • Member since Feb '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Feb 10, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
this is the 3rd time my cat got stolen, in the south sac area and apparently  they broke into the local dismantlers and stole all theres too
A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but dont start anything."

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #73 on: Feb 11, 2010, 02:59:12 PM »
i have an old coffee thermus with a straight pipe through it all welded up looks like a hi flow cat from the out side with no restriction on the inside gets past pa inspections on 3 trucks a year haha
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Feb 13, 2010, 06:40:50 PM »
Catalytic converters aren't even actually used to keep your vehicles emissions correct.  They are there in case another system fails to catch the emissions that aren't caught by the broken system.  So if your vehicle is running correctly your cat isn't even working.  So even though it may be illegal to hollow out a cat, it really isn't doing any harm.

<MIKE>

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 41
  • Male Posts: 618
  • Member since Dec '09
  • Swap, Lock, and Rock it
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #75 on: Mar 03, 2010, 03:23:45 PM »
i got my cat stolen near sac once too. they unbolted it and left the rest of my exhaust hanging. The funniest part was i saw them doing it but i was "hooking up" with this one girl (happens to be my Fiance now..lol) and said F@#$ it. lol
1987 4runner
Dual cases, 2.28-4.7
Dana 60 Rear; Danna 44 front; 5.89’s
249:1

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Mar 03, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
you should have kicked there ass. :beer:
i love oregon wheelin.

redrocket93

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 690
  • Member since Mar '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Mar 04, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
Just had the cat stolen off my DD 97' Tacoma last week. This is the second instance in less than a year. Last one was on my old 91' DD. Before that my entire 90' DD truck was stolen and stripped. I think my tweeker neighbors and there tweeker friends have had something to do with these. Can't prove anything though. Told a Sac Sheriff all about the neighbors activities and what not. He pretty much told me to kick rocks, they were too busy.

Busy, as in giving my tax paying, contributing member of society wife a $400 speeding ticket for doing 40 in a 35  :maddest:

People wonder why others take the law into there own hands.

Sorry for the Rant.

axled89

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 296
  • Male Posts: 2,526
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Mar 04, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
that's what they are saying here to,    were to busy that or not show up at all.
i love oregon wheelin.

yotaneck13

• Mr. Right NOW
  • Offline The 2K Group
  • Turtle Points: -52
  • Male Posts: 2,300
  • Member since Nov '09
  • MR. RIGHT NOW
    • View Profile
    • Right Now Racing and Fabrication
« Reply #79 on: Mar 04, 2010, 09:17:26 PM »
:pokinit: i only got a 197 fine for doin 80 in a 35 here in pa and they tood my liscens for a total of 15 days
RNR FABRICATION ON THE EAST COAST!!! rightnowracingfabrication@gmail.com (814)-516-5176 like us on facebook www.facebook.com/rnrfab
R.I.P Derek James Black 1995-2010 I miss you BUD! :sad2: 81 4wd wheelable 20r ifs rear welded on 33's goes amazing
"THE GENERAL" My build-on the backburner http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=63519.0

I make more money that you, my wife is hotter than yours, my thingy is bigger than yours