Author Topic: got the cat!!!  (Read 16110 times)

KDXSR5

• Poser Shot Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 61
  • Male Posts: 2,812
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
Re: got the cat!!!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2008, 06:30:01 PM »
i just dont run one anyways...........problem solved

:yesnod: same here!

4runnin_87 [OP]

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 209
  • Member since Sep '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Mar 19, 2008, 07:19:12 PM »
yeaH i just put a straight pipe on and when i go to smog it i will put one on

Gewehr43

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -5
  • Male Posts: 348
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Toyota>>Jeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2008, 10:20:57 AM »
The world we can live in is filled with pathetic people.  Of all things to steal! :shake:

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Mar 22, 2008, 09:12:35 PM »
The world we can live in is filled with pathetic people.  Of all things to steal! :shake:

You'd be surprised what a tweaker would steal. A few weeks back I saw a tweak riding a children's little pink bike, pink basket and sparkly handlebar thingies included. Riding like a mad man to catch his next fix..... :shakehead:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #34 on: Mar 26, 2008, 08:41:11 AM »
I heard that they have platinum inside them. Toyotas have more inside them than most larger trucks. So all these low life theiving crackheads target them. Some recyclers are paying as much as 40 to 70 dollars for them. It seems a bit sad that recyclers would pay this with no questions asked or taking down info like D.L#.

It's the platinum they are after and toyota trucks are just easy to get under.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

cdgvw1

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 39
  • Male Posts: 118
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Mar 27, 2008, 01:22:13 PM »
They got mine last night!

tryn2Crawl

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Mar 29, 2008, 02:31:22 PM »
I wouldn't risk driving around with a straight pipe...Not sure if you would get a fix-it ticket..More like maybe a FAT FINE....I know that if a Muffler shop was to install you a pipe to replace your CAT. and if you gey caught and prove that they did the install, they can get a $5000-$10000 FINE....And no, I did not put too many zeros on that..Thats what was told to me before when I got a new system bent for my honda...Heck, they won't even cut and weld a pipe with bolt-on flanges for a cat-size replacement..Its that scary for those guys....

i have a buddy who did own a shop and a REAL liscense CAT recycler always come around to buy Cats. Info is taken and a recept is issued for all purchases...Real liscense cat recyclers buys from auto/muffler repair shops....

And all the prices mentioned above that are paided for cats are nowhere near what they really go for from a actual liscense recycler, maybe the streets..... If I tell you how much auto/mufflershops sells them to a liscense recycler, I"D HAVE TO K-LL you....HeHe...Just kidding...Don't want to get too much info out there incase some dumbass decides to make a few bucks for my info, thats all...

It doesn't matter if your cats are ugly looking or whatsoever, Its the TOYOTA OEM Cats that they are after..Only OEM carry the most precious metal inside...

tryn2Crawl

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Feb '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Mar 29, 2008, 02:37:57 PM »
theres only one answer to all this madness...I'm so surprise know one knows of this.......

PUT AN AFTERMARKET CAT ON AND THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM!NO JOKE...Only the recyclers pay big bucks to OEM, aftermarkets are trash....

My buddy's customers gets their OEM cats stolen, comes in and installs a aftermarket and never happens again...An aftermarket does NOT last that long so by the time your next smog is due, chances are you'll need another new cat...But they won't steal your new aftermarket cat though..... Thats my suggestion to you all...... 

Also in the SOUTH SAC area also...and its crazy...I use to see customers with toyotas come ineveryday for a new cat install.

x2nou

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Member since May '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Jun 16, 2008, 08:48:37 PM »
Man I'm so pissed! Today 6-16-08 i came back from work and decide to wash my 85 4runner and notice bolts under the truck. i took a look and some A s s-0 unbolted and took my cat. I decide to post in marlin but saw you posted already. People this is mess up. :maddest: :tantrum:

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #39 on: Jun 18, 2008, 11:01:06 AM »
Whereabouts in South Sac? Dude this chaps my hide I'm pissed.  I'm sorry your cat got stolen :headshake:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jun 18, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
theres only one answer to all this madness...I'm so surprise know one knows of this.......

PUT AN AFTERMARKET CAT ON AND THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM!NO JOKE...Only the recyclers pay big bucks to OEM, aftermarkets are trash....

My buddy's customers gets their OEM cats stolen, comes in and installs a aftermarket and never happens again...An aftermarket does NOT last that long so by the time your next smog is due, chances are you'll need another new cat...But they won't steal your new aftermarket cat though..... Thats my suggestion to you all...... 

Also in the SOUTH SAC area also...and its crazy...I use to see customers with toyotas come ineveryday for a new cat install.

Still doesn't work.  More and more people are doing it now, and a lot of them don't know the difference, so they just hack them all
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

pyrosnow911

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 418
  • Member since Mar '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jul 24, 2008, 07:30:18 PM »
just make a whole exhaust system out of old crap cats, and then hide the real working one randomly in, they have to get indiana jones to find it  :yikes:

Jaysen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 773
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jul 25, 2008, 01:12:17 AM »
I just post a topic about that too..In Fresno I know alot of rigs got their stole too..I park my truck in backyard now..
95 22RE. Toyota Ext.Cab SAS. Dual Case.
1988 Honda Civic 4dr lx,
2007 Honda Ruckus scooter

Romanski

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jul 31, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
A buddy of mine had his cat stolen recently in the SF bay area which gave me an idea.  I park my truck on a dirt area on the side of my driveway.  It has tiny wood chips all around (ideal for night time camo).  I'm thinking of welding up a bunch of 'jacks' (like kids play with) from some small steel rod and then sharpening the ends.  Figure I'd throw them under the center of the truck and if these jokers try to get to my junk they will get a small surprise. I'll just have to use caution not to puncture my tires when backing up but hey nothing is easy. 

Jaysen

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: -20
  • Male Posts: 773
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jul 31, 2008, 12:13:09 PM »
haha that so funny...:) in fresno area i heard the witness saw who it is so i been looking out for those detail i got..
95 22RE. Toyota Ext.Cab SAS. Dual Case.
1988 Honda Civic 4dr lx,
2007 Honda Ruckus scooter

valaris415

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Male Posts: 3
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Aug 13, 2008, 11:38:12 PM »
   There going crazy stealing cats in San Francsico, and people dont realize that for these OEM toyota cats there getting around $150. My Dad has had two stolen (93 toy 4x4 22re), the first one they sawed off and I found him a OEM complete exhaust system to put on and then the second one they just unbolted. Anybody have any good boobytrap ideas? My toyota still has the OEM cat and I know its anyday until someone gets it if I dont do anything.   :attention:

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Aug 13, 2008, 11:46:15 PM »
   There going crazy stealing cats in San Francsico, and people dont realize that for these OEM toyota cats there getting around $150. My Dad has had two stolen (93 toy 4x4 22re), the first one they sawed off and I found him a OEM complete exhaust system to put on and then the second one they just unbolted. Anybody have any good boobytrap ideas? My toyota still has the OEM cat and I know its anyday until someone gets it if I dont do anything.   :attention:

get a budbuilt full underbody skid plate....

i would also think about gettign an alarm.... cutting of the cat will involve some motion... sure no one listens to alarms, but if its your alarm, and in your driveway or in front of the house... you might pay attention to it....
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #47 on: Aug 14, 2008, 07:40:58 AM »

get a budbuilt full underbody skid plate....

i would also think about gettign an alarm.... cutting of the cat will involve some motion... sure no one listens to alarms, but if its your alarm, and in your driveway or in front of the house... you might pay attention to it....

My friend has a very sensitive alarm, proximity and all and got their cat jacked.  The tools these people use don't set off alarms.  It's a matter of a simple piece of braided metal wire and they cut it old style.  Granted, an alarm wouldn't hurt, I don't think it'll guarantee anything. 
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

superyota

• Prestige Worldwide
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 71
  • Male Posts: 3,362
  • Member since Oct '05
  • what happened?
    • View Profile
    • Placer County Crawlers
« Reply #48 on: Aug 14, 2008, 11:08:42 AM »
i guess cats are worth a lot.  we had a guy come buy the other day at work and bought 19 cats that we had laying in the back off of vehicles that had exhaust work done and he paid $1500 for the 19 cats.  if i knew they worth that much, i wouldn't have tossed mine. i like the braided wire idea, can't cut through that to easy.  pretty sad though what extent people go to for money.
ABD Motorsports

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
Placer County Crawlers - President 2011-2016
www.placercountycrawlers.com

Rubicon Trail Foundation - Property Committee member
Friends of Fordyce - Board Member
KK6QDW

kneedownnate

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Aug 14, 2008, 08:38:13 PM »
The tools these people use don't set off alarms.

:yesnod:  the tool I'm thinking of, if handled with a steady hand, would cut it out without setting off most alarms.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #50 on: Aug 15, 2008, 11:06:30 AM »
:yesnod:  the tool I'm thinking of, if handled with a steady hand, would cut it out without setting off most alarms.

This is what they're using around here:

RICHARDS91

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 20
  • Member since Aug '08
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Aug 22, 2008, 02:51:24 AM »
They got my cat last night had the boat hooked up went out around 4:30 to leave and woke up the neighborhood. Theres nothing better to take, didn't even get togo fishing :rivers:

84xcab

• Offline Rock Master
  • Male Posts: 261
  • Member since Oct '07
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Aug 23, 2008, 12:40:01 PM »
My old oem cat was sitting in my garage, not visible from the street. My dad was gonna recycle it today to find that somebody came into our garage and swapped it with an empty cat off a domestic truck :maddest: My buddy also had his cat hacked off in the past week.
Bobbed 84 xtra cab, pickin up parts as I go.

If at first you do not succeed, put it in 4low and try again.

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Aug 23, 2008, 12:42:59 PM »
I have 3 toy cats sitting in my driveway, 2 of them have been there for about 2 years now, haha. No body has stolen them yet, but then again I am not in california.

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Aug 25, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »
I have 3 toy cats sitting in my driveway, 2 of them have been there for about 2 years now, haha. No body has stolen them yet, but then again I am not in california.

Not to mention the entire population of your state is less than the amount of people in the greater sacramento area.   :gap:
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

KDXSR5

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Member since Dec '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Aug 25, 2008, 11:09:21 AM »
That would be correct :gap:

stoken82

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -2
  • Male Posts: 60
  • Member since Jul '06
  • Under Destruction
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Sep 14, 2008, 12:20:55 PM »
my wife was talking to some farmers that live near a railroad track in fresno county and the rail police (i dont know what they are really called) came up and they all were talking about how cars and trucks that are on the trains have been getting their cats stolen.  the trash of society walk up when the train is parked waiting for the green light, and they take the cats off. apparently a lot of exhaust are just bolted on so its some what easy.  i wish i had a bigger garage so i can park my stuff of the street and not worry.

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #57 on: Sep 14, 2008, 08:16:13 PM »
UPPD or SPPD depending on the Railroad.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

yotacrwlr

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Male Posts: 55
  • Member since May '08
  • rockin ifs
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Sep 21, 2008, 10:54:52 PM »
i welded my sht on they aint taking mine and it would be kind of funny to see them take the bolts out and try to knock it down
but if they use a pipe cutter well im screwed either way
|[  ]/____TOYOTA____\[  ]|

T otaly
O verhauled    after
Y ears
O f
T rail
A buse

Bwahahahaha...I am enjoying exercising my 2nd amendment rights.  The 357 is great cause I can go to the range and shoot cheap 38 specials all day long and save the good rounds for the communists.

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
« Reply #59 on: Sep 22, 2008, 09:00:48 AM »
i welded my sht on they aint taking mine and it would be kind of funny to see them take the bolts out and try to knock it down
but if they use a pipe cutter well im screwed either way

They don't use wrenches, they use a wire saw around here.  You never even hear em :headshake: