Author Topic: Brendan, Good Job  (Read 1526 times)

Pat

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 786
  • Male Posts: 944
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
Brendan, Good Job
« on: Nov 30, 2009, 02:03:24 PM »
You hear all the time about how everybody has less then desirable customer service.. Well I have had my fair share of that so so service. I buy alot of parts and deal with a lot of vendors.  But I want to put a big thanks out to Brendan (freds40) Who works at Marlin Crawler..  I have had a lot of transactions lately,  Some returns and so on and he has been very easy to deal with and has tracked down all the stuff needed to make everything go great so far.. I have to send back a tcase that  is not functioning properly and am not worried about the outcome at all with Brendans help  

So here is a Beer on me... :beer:    Ask for Brendan When you call..
Sharing time between Northern Ca and Western Tn..

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Re: Brendan, Good Job
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »
You hear all the time about how everybody has less then desirable customer service..

I hear this a lot but I tend to attribute it to the fact the Marlin crew is extremely busy all the time. As for me, in my nearly 5 years of doing business with Marlin, I have had ZERO problems with customer service, in fact I have always had stellar customer service. I seem to always get Jon or Brendon when I call, and both of them have been great to me over the years. No complaints here. :thumbs:  :beerchug:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

Pat [OP]

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 786
  • Male Posts: 944
  • Member since Jun '02
  • Oroville, Ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2009, 02:17:53 PM »
I meant Vendors in general..  But I have had a couple less than desirible dealing with marlin guys in the past.  I don't expect perfection by any means..  Just refreshing when you get it , it helps me spend money again:thumbs:
Sharing time between Northern Ca and Western Tn..

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2009, 02:23:27 PM »
I meant Vendors in general..  But I have had a couple less than desirible dealing with marlin guys in the past.  I don't expect perfection by any means..  Just refreshing when you get it , it helps me spend money again:thumbs:

Oh yeah, I have had some nightmares trying to deal with customer service other places. Everyone screws up, but when its a common occurrence I start to shop elsewhere...
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »
:love:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

hilux-1983

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 3
  • Male Posts: 1,271
  • Member since Apr '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2009, 04:43:45 PM »
I hear this a lot but I tend to attribute it to the fact the Marlin crew is extremely busy all the time. As for me, in my nearly 5 years of doing business with Marlin, I have had ZERO problems with customer service, in fact I have always had stellar customer service. I seem to always get Jon or Brendon when I call, and both of them have been great to me over the years. No complaints here. :thumbs:  :beerchug:

Hear, hear, I second that comment!!!!
DD, 22R, L52HD, 35"s, All pro/Marlin Hysteer, 529's, Aussie Locker in rear only. 5" All Pro springs and 5" shackles. Just purpose built and dependable. A/C blows like ice too... www.4x4HIM.org

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
They are all kick ass guys in the office.  Too bad CJ has been out of the office for quite some time.  And once in a while you will get Dave on the phone.  And he likes to talk sometimes.  And once in a blue moon, Marlin will get on the phone and talk your ear off with his plethora of Toyota knowledge. 

I bought a set of used axles from Budking, who is a friend of Marlin's, and he had Marlin personally inspect the birfield for me before I made the purchase.  I learned how to check for cracks in them too!  Plus, free Marlin seals too!!  He didn't have to do that, but he is such an outstanding guy that he goes above and beyond what most business's would do. 

And if there are issues with products, they are taken care of ASAP.  As long as the customer isn't a jerk. The only real issue that happens with MarlinCrawler is that they tend to be out of stock of things from time to time.  And most of us are willing to be patient for stuff.  Only because we know we will be taken care of.
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen