Author Topic: More 3.0 issues! Blowin fuses, don't know why  (Read 1277 times)

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
More 3.0 issues! Blowin fuses, don't know why
« on: Oct 29, 2006, 01:57:25 PM »
This has happened two weekends in a row now, and I really need to solve the issue, and I'm not sure where to start. 

Problem:  When I get on the freeway, and drive for about 10-20 minutes, I blow my EFI fuse in the fuse block on the pass. side fender.  I can put in another fuse, and get abut 5 minutes more down the road, then it blows again.  3rd time, I can put in a fuse, and it'll blow before I even start the truck.  Then, after letting it sit and cool down for a while, I can put in a new fuse, and it'll start right up and run again.  I haven't hadf the problem in town yet, only on the freeway.  I just checked my EFI relay, my AFM and my fuel pump as per the FSMs, and everything is within specs. (except for the fuel pump pressure, I don't have a way to gauge that. )  I do have a check engine code, my O2 sensor is bad according to the code.

Any ideas?  the motor is a 3.0 v6

:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Re: More 3.0 issues! Blowin fuses, don't know why
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2006, 02:34:12 PM »

Problem: the motor is a 3.0 v6

You answered your own ?   :rofl2:

I'd fix all the O2 sensors and start fresh.  That could be making it to draw more current, and causing it to blow fuses!  What type of code reader ya using?  My mech has a snap-on that's awesome!  It will give ya very detailed read out of everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!  So, hopefully ya get it figured out!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

BLACKDOG [OP]

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
Re: More 3.0 issues! Blowin fuses, don't know why
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2006, 04:41:14 PM »
You answered your own ?   :rofl2:

I'd fix all the O2 sensors and start fresh.  That could be making it to draw more current, and causing it to blow fuses!  What type of code reader ya using?  My mech has a snap-on that's awesome!  It will give ya very detailed read out of everything, I mean EVERYTHING!!  So, hopefully ya get it figured out!
[/quote]

good idea :thumbs: I'm just running off the code sequence that I get by the shadetree mechanic way
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent