Author Topic: Lets all show some kindness and support for MPA  (Read 5553 times)

junya92toy

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -64
  • Male Posts: 1,500
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Drinking me beer
    • View Profile
Lets all show some kindness and support for MPA
« on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »
We all know Jan, shes had some tough times lately. Lets all show some support for her, let her know we hope for the best.
Dr.Maxwe001 – well i have a 15 gal compressor now and if I gett he 60  and then use the 15 as a reserve that wil give me 75 gal  thats close to 80 isnt it ?

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Always sending positive thoughts and prayers your way Jan.  :thumbs:  :smooch:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

iNfErNaL

• El Presidente
  • Turtle Points: 109
  • Male Posts: 7,509
  • Member since Aug '04
    • View Profile
Got my support and prayers Jan  :yesnod: 
WWW.GLOBALOFFROADSUPPLY.COM

Support Your Local Brawlers
 www.RockBrawlers.com 

www.offroadtruckshow.com

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Love ya lady.... Hope your 2010 gets better for ya!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

79coyotefrg

• Turtle Points: 1452
  • Male Posts: 22,633
  • Member since May '02
  • Solid axle Toys Rule ! ! !
    • View Profile
    • HotSprings Superlift ORV park
Love you Jan :therethere:
AR-TTORA founder 22R bored.060,LCE stage II race cam http://pure-gas.org/    32/36weber, :driving: Marlin 1200 NON ceramic clutch, L52SHD+dualcase #2919, cable-locker, Yukon 5.29 gears, 35's, Allpro ebrake, front springs, and high steer, F150rears    RIP Nitro 9-29-07 :(  I sure miss him :down: MarlinCrawlerInc IS NOT affiliated with TrailGear in any way

jimbo74

• Turtle Points: 2872
  • Male Posts: 8,707
  • Member since Sep '05
    • View Profile
LOVE YOU JAN :smooch:
:usa:

The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

~ John F. Kennedy ~

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 924
  • Female Posts: 415
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Aaawwwwwaaahhhhh, thank you so much, I just love you guys!  You da bestest!  Definitely never been through anything like this before.  I'm sure it'll be quite the journey, but it helps to have friends like you all.  :smooch:
RIP Kyle, we love and miss you man.  :smooch:
thanks for the smooch I miss you too !  :yesnod:

John Doe

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 469
  • Male Posts: 1,587
  • Member since Jun '05
    • View Profile
    • Bored In Iraq.
I've been out of the loop and dont know whats going on but I hope things get better for you.
My 85 4Runner build http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=46841.0

peacesells: "Its kinda fun tryin to avoid body damage, just like playing operation with different sound effects"

MrsBUBBA

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Female Posts: 61
  • Member since Apr '06
    • View Profile
 :smooch: If you need us for anything just holler at us. :love:

BLACKDOG

• 3.0 Killer
  • Turtle Points: 718
  • Male Posts: 7,644
  • Member since Aug '04
  • I used to fit
    • View Profile
I've been out of the loop and dont know whats going on but I hope things get better for you.

:werd:

We love you Jan!
:usa: Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees :usa:

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. "

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves."
              -Ronald Reagan

Don't take life too seriously, it isn't permanent

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Again you guys are so great, love you too!  :smooch:

My stepmother is dying of cancer.  It started 2 years ago as lung and bone cancer, they  nixed it for a bit and was "cancer free" for a good 6 months, but then it came back in her lung again, and her liver, and now in her brain.  She has deteriorated REALLY fast as soon as it got to her brain, and we've now stopped all treatments and are bringing her home to pass away, because that's where she wanted to be.   So today we cleared out Dad's living room and we're bringing in a hospital bed, and...well.... I guess we're about to do this.  It's scary but our family is pulling together and we'll "pull shifts" and make sure everything is taken care of the way it should be.

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
I think the shoutbox junkies had an idea what was going on.  Jan knows we're all here to support her, but it's nice to have a thread so she can be reminded of our support when there's nobody in the shoutbox  ;) 

Chin up Jan, it may be tough but you guys are doing the right thing  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Steve_925

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: -86
  • Male Posts: 1,876
  • Member since Feb '07
  • F***in catalina wine mixer
    • View Profile
my grandpa is in the same situation, about 3 and a half years ago the docs gave him 6 months to live and for the past 3 and a half years hes been his usuall self. untill a few weeks ago, he went from 10 to 2 and we are also savoring the days with him. i've never seen my dad so broken up. what hurts the most for me is to see my dad in so much pain.
1973 HILUX build up-------> http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48133.new#new

UA 342
STEAMFITTERS

Nihal

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 134
  • Member since Mar '09
  • 89 Hilux 2.8-3L Diesel 4door,,,SOLID AXEL
    • View Profile

Jan,
What you and your family has decided to do is the right thing and very similar to what happens over here, when it comes to family and friends.

May our thoughts and prayers give you and your family the strength and courage during the hard times

Nihal
It's Not a Trick,,, It's a TOYOTA

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
i've never seen my dad so broken up. what hurts the most for me is to see my dad in so much pain.

Ohh man you are sooooo not even kidding.  That's the thing I'm worried about most right now is my Dad.  He's doing well, over all, but he gets choked up alot and he said he just feels so helpless watching her die and there isn't anything he can do to stop it.  But like you all said, all we can do is what is best and what she would want, and make her as comfortable and peaceful as possible.

I'll be thinking about you and your family too, Steve.

V-Man

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 29
  • Male Posts: 792
  • Member since Sep '04
    • View Profile

Our deepest sympathies and prayers to you and your Family.  You can get thru this, but it's never easy.   :rivers: :down:

The chance for your mom to be at home with her family is may be the great gift she could have right now.

Toymin8r

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 50
  • Male Posts: 929
  • Member since Dec '07
    • View Profile
If it would pep you up some I would gladly let you send me several dozen chocolate chip cookies.   :bounce:
YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE
AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE.

IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU HAVE AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

BeccaLoo24 – i can toss grown men.... so dont doubt me

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
If it would pep you up some I would gladly let you send me several dozen chocolate chip cookies.   :bounce:

That's our Scuba Steve....always willing to put himself on the line for the benefit of a friend.  Way to be willing to take one for the team, Steve!   :yupyup:

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
Jan we went down that same road with Campfire Girl's mom so we really know what you will be going through. It is a hard road and we will have you in our prayers.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Tomorrow is the big day, the medical transport people will be bringing her home around 2 p.m.   We're all just hoping she makes it through the night so she can get home though...she was pretty bad today. 

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Guess I should update this.  So much for hurrying to get her home!  It's been 3 weeks and she's still hanging in there.  We had her on a nutrient "feeding" IV since she's been home, since there were folks in the family who were hanging on to the hope that it would somehow make her "better."  Well it definitely has not, and she has right in her living will that she doesn't want to be kept alive artificially.  So last night we made the tough decision to go ahead and disconnect the IV.

So it's all up to her now.  She's not eating or drinking enough to keep a bird alive at this point, and I think she only takes in the miniscule amount that she does just because we're there with a spoon/straw at her lips.  But most of the time she does refuse.

I know it will only be a week or two now.  Her doctor said we can't think of it as her "starving" to death, because she IS able to eat if she were to want to.  But she has no desire, and that's just part of the dying process.  I just pray now that she doesn't drag on for very long now that there is absolutely nothing to keep her going, and that it's swift and painless.

We have a hospice organization coming tomorrow so they can start keeping an eye on her pain levels.  She's on a morphine patch right now, but if her pain gets worse they can start the morphine drip. With any luck she'll slip into a "coma" and just peacefully go to sleep.  She's been having more seizures this past week though.  So, not sure how much luck we'll have with the "peaceful" thing. 

*siiiiigghhhh*

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -23
  • Male Posts: 627
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I ask if God loves me why did he take my grandmother from me? I asked if GOD loves me why did he give me a lung dieses? I asked if GOD loves me why did he make me hearing impaired ? I askled so many questions and they were all if GOD loves me WHY WHY WHY ?  but the one question I never asked is If GOD loves me why did he give his only son JESUS to die for my sins?

The Bible teaches us many things it teaches us about Birth it also teaches us about Life  but most of all it teaches us about Death. Death is something that No man or woman on this earth can predict. Jesus said to his people I HAVE PREPAIRED A PLACE FOR YOU AND I SHALT RETURN FOR THEE.    No one knows when or what time that might be but one thing that is certian is death. throught the past few years that I have been apart of this forum  I have grown to learn and help others from the things I have known as well as the things they have known. I have also learned to listen not with my ears but with my heart, The heart is the center of ones body it pumps blood through the whole body at all times just like Jesus does at all times Jesus is the heart and with Jesus as the heart ALL THINGS SHALL WORK AND BE DONE IN  HIS TIME not in the time we want as humans.

One verse of the HOLY BIBLE that comes to mind is found in the book of John chapter 11 verse 35 its the shortest verse in the Bible with only two words "Jesus wept". I know at this time in Jans life she has wept her HEART has wept she has given her unconditional love to her stepmother as well as her father just as Jesus has given to us so many times in the past  I know that Jan has trusted the Lord to give her the right mind  to do what is right for her family as Jesus has done for us. when i had herd the news a few weeks back  my heart had been broken  because i knew that the time that jan has spent with her stepmother hadn't been as good as she would have wanted it to be in the past I prayed  that GOD would turn things around for them and give her the streignth she would need as a woman of GOD to not look back but to look forward into the times that she will have with her stepmother 

Jan once again my heart is breaking at the power that our LORD and SAVIOR has given to your stepmother to "fight" this long and to not give up there is a reson why Jesus has not come to get her yet  we might never know in this life here on earth why that is but one day when we all get to heaven we can thank  GOD  for the time he has give us with our family here on earth when we are reunited with them in heaven for eternity

Jan I am praying for you and Brain and the rest of your family
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

08:55:22 PM BeccaLoo24 – i like to screw things

$99 scratch and dent drill press has drilled more holes than Ron Jeremy.

http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=48342.0

[img]http://bo

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Thank you Jeff, that is very touching  :smooch:

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Those were nice songs V-man, thanks...I love Alison Kraus.

So today is the 4th day without her IV and tomorrow we start the morphine drip.  I believe she had her "moment of clarity" or "calm before the storm" yesterday.  It was a pretty good day.  So much so that the friends who visited then called other friends saying "you better go see her now!!"  And as expected, today is baaaaddddd.  And totally unexpectedly, her nurse showed up today out of nowhere.  I think she could feeeel the disturbance in the force.  She was just checking in, and after seeing her and hearing about yesterday, she said she'd order the morphine drip first thing in the morning.

Dad was pretty down and out today.  I doubt I'll go to work tomorrow, especially since it seems like I'm getting stinking bronchitis or something of the sort.  So, miserable all around.  I figured this was as good a place to come and do some whining as any.  Sooo....thanks for that!  lol

Anyway, it's really looking like we're down to the last couple of days here.  Prayers for a peaceful passing, and strength for my Dad and the rest of us, are appreciated.

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Jan my hands and my heart have been in prayer now they are both open for you to cry your pain away. I am here for you and brian anytime you need a go shoulder to cry and lean on when you just can't that little person off your back just call and I will come arunning I know others on here as well would do the same   
IF YOUR LOOKING OUT THE FRONT OF YOUR 4X4 AND YOU CANT SEE THEN JUST TURN ON YOUR WIPERS. BUT THEN THINGS GET ALL MESSED UP LIKE IN LIFE.

WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE JUST THINK THAT ALONG TIME AGO  YOU WERE THE FASTEST LITTLE SWIMMER TO THE EGG

Dr.Maxwe001

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Jan I am sooo sorry for the loss of your stepmother but just remember SHE IS WELL and also SHE IS WITH  GOD I am here for you anytime you need me

JanMarie13

• Queen Cookie Monster
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Crawler Guru
  • Member since Jan '06
  • Mmm....Tacos!
    • View Profile
Thanks again Jeff. 

Yep, her struggle is over now.  My stepmom passed away at 2:15 a.m. on February 23rd.  My Dad, her son Dave, and I were at her side.  It's something I'll never forget.

I truly appreciate everyone's support through all of this, very much.  For those of you interested, here you can get a little glimpse into the life of the lady this is all about:

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/516462.html?nav=5010

1972TLC

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Female Posts: 16
  • Member since Nov '09
  • newbisaurus
    • View Profile
 :rivers:

That lovely piece about your stepmother practically made me cry and I don't even know the woman!

I am so very sorry for the loss you and your family has experienced. I am thankful that she is no longer suffering though. For now she has the rest of eternity to watch over and protect your family. :)

Thanks be to God.

red

• Offline The 1.5K Club
  • Turtle Points: 199
  • Male Posts: 1,616
  • Member since Jan '05
  • irish redhead texan, interesting combo
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
sorry about your loss jan, she's in a better place now.
read and comment :whip:

USAF EOD tech