Author Topic: Improving the outdoors bragging section! Show the world the true side!  (Read 2134 times)

Yota87Truck

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 1,175
  • Member since Aug '06
  • Got Moab!
    • View Profile
Last weekend I was out camping and as I was cleaning out the fire pit and the toilet paper left behind by previous campers I thought it would be a neat idea for others to post up before and after campsite pictures and other improvements us wheelers do to improve the outdoors.  So post up what you have done to improve the outdoors with pictures if available.  Sorry I do not have any pics.

Hammerhead

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: 100
  • Male Posts: 564
  • Member since Nov '04
  • Junkyard Dog
    • View Profile
Here is a page on the BLM site showing what we did last weekend...

http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/st__george/more/in_the_spotlight/volunteer_cleanup.html

Here is a link to our club site with more pics showing what we accomplished.

http://www.utah4x4club.com/index.php?showtopic=7093
'82 pickup, +3, locked, doubled
'82 pickup, IFS long travel, V8
'85 4runner, V8 rock crawler
'88 X-cab, V6

Shamb

• Raisin in the making..
  • Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 133
  • Male Posts: 3,414
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Proud Parent
    • View Profile
I'll have to look up pictures but when I was part pres. of Norcal4x4 we did a ton of clean up run's.. including Greenhorn creek..which as most know was a big party spot for the younger crowd.. we hauled out a good 20 bag's of trash from that place.

R.I.P to my Papa, I miss you pops......

Knowledge is power  www.pirate4x4.com/forum

New Buildup in process 85' 4runner "Bad Decisions"
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=52566.0

Check out my 1-ton build up thread
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=22600.0

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
When the trinity river flows get low enough to fish I'll take some before and afters of the hole I go to.  I ALWAYS am able to nearly fill a grocery bag with other fisherman's garbage, even if I go every week  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 4,834
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Here are some pictures from when the Friends of Greenhorn did a clean up day at Greenhorn in California last December. We hauled out 75+ cubic yards of trash, several pounds worth of spent ammunition and a total of 3 and a half (yes, there was just half of a car out there) abandoned, burned and blasted cars. We have since had another clean up day and there is another one coming up in a few months.

Just a few of the over 150 volunteers that showed up for the clean up day.

One of dozens of large open areas scattered with all kinds of trash and waste.

The start of one of my piles O garbage, some jackass even burned and left his torched toyota IFS out there  :shake:

This truck made quite a few runs back to base camp and back with that trailer filled to the brim:

My friend Wade's Dodge filled up and the half a car we found in Adams Yota:

Greenhorn looked spotless after we were done with it.  :beerchug:
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Sweet!  Looks like an old lakebed, or a lake that's just down a bit  :dunno:

If you could drive around shasta lake and do something like this you'd only need about 15,000 volunteers  :shake:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Sweet!  Looks like an old lakebed, or a lake that's just down a bit  :dunno:

If you could drive around shasta lake and do something like this you'd only need about 15,000 volunteers  :shake:

Its actually a river, it was mined heavily during the gold rush. A local gravel company now owns most of it. There are tons of old mining relics all over the place. There is even an old graveyard where the youngest tombstones read no older than 1910. Really cool place. We are fighting to keep it open right now, this was the first step in trying to get the place turned into an official OHV area, even though its been used as such for 40 years.
85 4Runner Build  /  Cool Foreign Toyotas  /  Toyota: We Want Diesel FB Page    Rockcrawlintoy – i guess moms will put the pups up on the beach when they go fisting

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Cool, good luck with that  :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

DTB

• Shoutbox Moderator
  • Turtle Points: 2
  • Male Posts: 7,110
  • Member since Nov '05
  • Squirrels and beer don't mix
    • View Profile
Whats up with the cut off IFS on the trail? Its not the first time I seen that....just kinda strikes me as odd
RIP KYOTA
toyminator2000 – There has to be dumb people in order for there to be smart people
Low down & durrrrrrty Rock Stacking Web Wheeler :driving: Too many Yuppies..:shake:...Not enough Hippies :flamer:  Hobbies: stealing cookies, slangin' tacos, owning tequila bars, wheeling with paco

46&2

• Hillbilly
  • Member since Dec '05
  • California livin'
    • View Profile
Whats up with the cut off IFS on the trail? Its not the first time I seen that....just kinda strikes me as odd

My guess: they cut off their IFS, went out there with their fresh SA truck and decided to burn the ifs in the fire. I found it in the middle of a fire pit.