Author Topic: Have you actually seen a mountain lion while outdoors?  (Read 8187 times)

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
When I lived in Alta Loma we had one on a neigbors roof, it was just kicking back in the shade. The scary thing was that she was collecting her very young son who had gone outside to play and when she turned to go back in the house she saw the cat sitting above the door.
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
I saw one take down a deer on the road to my house back in 92 when I lived in Cali.  I was pushing my bike up a hill,( it was a big hill) got to the top and jump back on the bike, turned a corner and a small doe was in the road, I stopped just to watch her and Wam, he jump right on her from the bank!! Took all of 5 seconds for him to jump on her and haul here down towards the river. I was scared sh*tless!!!! :yikes:It was just getting dark and I was still half way home, bout 30 mins ride. I turned around and went back to town and waited for my dad to get off work!!  Bout two weeks later a bear broke into our house while I was sleeping and alone. Our dog woke me up, going crazy on the front porch trying to get into the house when he saw the bear in the kitchen. I didnt like that house very much!!!
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

BUDDERS

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 15
  • Male Posts: 1,335
  • Member since Jul '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
I saw one take down a deer on the road to my house back in 92 when I lived in Cali.  I was pushing my bike up a hill,( it was a big hill) got to the top and jump back on the bike, turned a corner and a small doe was in the road, I stopped just to watch her and Wam, he jump right on her from the bank!! Took all of 5 seconds for him to jump on her and haul here down towards the river. I was scared sh*tless!!!! :yikes:It was just getting dark and I was still half way home, bout 30 mins ride. I turned around and went back to town and waited for my dad to get off work!!  Bout two weeks later a bear broke into our house while I was sleeping and alone. Our dog woke me up, going crazy on the front porch trying to get into the house when he saw the bear in the kitchen. I didnt like that house very much!!!

Tice, where in Cali was this?
"A friend will help you move.  A real friend will help you move a body."

"They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken"

"Hopefully, if I crap in a gopher hole, one doesn't try and nibble at my taint"  - my freind Fat Tony

"I once read somewhere that drinking causes violence, so I quit reading"

Tice

• Offline 4WD Legend
  • Turtle Points: 8
  • Male Posts: 881
  • Member since Feb '05
  • I named my son Wheeler!!!!
    • View Profile
Downieville.
I don't need a winch, I wheel a TOYOTA!!!!!!!

www.wheelingarizona.com

SloCrawler

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: -116
  • Male Posts: 1,333
  • Member since Mar '08
    • View Profile
    • http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=60800.msg856812#msg856812
My buddy had to shoot one about two months ago for eating his goats, he lives less than a mile from the HW 101

98yota

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 1
  • Male Posts: 167
  • Member since Aug '09
    • View Profile
ive seen a couple in central cali in elderwood while working/hunting. we were hunting down this ravine and i heard something start running not far from me probably 80 yards or so, so i slowly made my way down there thinking it might be a deer and instead a found about a 200lb steer half eaten with mountain lion tracks all around. it has dragged this steer about 300 yards up the hill. probably the same lion a couple months later had taken out 2 steers in a week so we decided to track it down. finally caught up to it the next day with about a dozen guys on foot, horseback, and in trucks, got within 30yards of it in thick brush and could hear her but couldnt see her. not a cool place to be.
98 taco, 32's, allpro front bumper, 3 in. body :( i know, cobra 29 ltd classic cb. broke college student so no building for awhile

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 191
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
crazy question. is the meat worth eating?

kneedownnate [OP]

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Heard it's ok, but how reliable the source  :dunno:
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

Stocker

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 962
  • Male Posts: 173
  • Member since Oct '05
  • Since 1977
    • View Profile
Heard it's ok, but how reliable the source  :dunno:
Dave used to hunt cats in Nevada... maybe still does, I don't know. Pretty sure he has eaten them. On a related note, several decades ago in the Bay Area, his Granddad paid the neighborhood kids 50 cents each for stray cats.... 
My goal in life is to be as a good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

If you don't learn something every day, you're not paying attention.

AllanM

• Offline Dusty Trails
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Member since Jan '09
    • View Profile
The Mountain lion population is doing quite well here in Montana, they are mainly a night time hunter so there is why you rarely ever see then during the day lite hours. While elk hunting a few years ago I watched 5 ( Mom and 4 kittens ? )in one bunch walk out of some timber in front of other hunters who never knew they were there.
 Awhile back a father took his kids down to the bus stop heard something and looked up to see a young lion looking down at him . Fish and Game was called and the cat was darted and removed further out in the country. On a different note ? They are damn fine eating and taste great slow cooked !
 Best Wishes,
 Allan

ROKTOY829

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 191
  • Member since Feb '08
    • View Profile
I was wondering cause I want to hunt one. would be a awesome mount.  But it would be a shame to just waste the meat.