Author Topic: Ever have this happen?  (Read 1430 times)

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
Ever have this happen?
« on: Aug 15, 2007, 12:09:43 PM »
We've been having problems with our satellite signal for our TV.  I played with the receiver box, all the connections and the TV.  I do all the signal tests and everything myself before calling the company.  I get on the phone and they walk me through all the steps I just did, again!  And this gal on the other end says I'll need to call my local satellite installer.  So, I call them and she walks me through things again, including all the other buttons features on the TV.  And then I tell her to send a guy out to fix it, and just then my almost 3 year old daughter walks by and pushes a button and instantly the satellite reception was fixed.   :smack: 

I felt like a total idiot!  And I told the gal that it just all of a sudden fixed itself, and if things change I'll call back!  The gal on the other end probably thinks I'm and idiot too!  Is this a sign?  Do I need to go get help?  Please tell me this isn't the end of my life! 

If I can't fix a tv by pushing a damn button, I'm getting REALLY  :scared: about me putting my truck together!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

*FFC*

• Platinum Turtle Award
  • Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 11
  • Female Posts: 8,265
  • Member since May '04
  • ~*Moderator*~
    • View Profile
    • Buy me some coffee
Re: Ever have this happen?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2007, 12:30:59 PM »
:rofl: :clap2:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift - that's why they call it the present." - RW Emerson -

BNRSHNTZL

• Offline Crawler Guru
  • Turtle Points: -34
  • Male Posts: 459
  • Member since Jun '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2007, 12:33:05 PM »
its OK your not the only one i had to have my 11 year old nephew set up my ipod for my wife ???

weirdtimes_7

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 0
  • Male Posts: 1,032
  • Member since Nov '06
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2007, 12:47:01 PM »
We've been having problems with our satellite signal for our TV.  I played with the receiver box, all the connections and the TV.  I do all the signal tests and everything myself before calling the company.  I get on the phone and they walk me through all the steps I just did, again!  And this gal on the other end says I'll need to call my local satellite installer.  So, I call them and she walks me through things again, including all the other buttons features on the TV.  And then I tell her to send a guy out to fix it, and just then my almost 3 year old daughter walks by and pushes a button and instantly the satellite reception was fixed.   :smack: 

I felt like a total idiot!  And I told the gal that it just all of a sudden fixed itself, and if things change I'll call back!  The gal on the other end probably thinks I'm and idiot too!  Is this a sign?  Do I need to go get help?  Please tell me this isn't the end of my life! 

If I can't fix a tv by pushing a damn button, I'm getting REALLY  :scared: about me putting my truck together!

I think it's more the old age kickin in :hahaha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl2:

j/k cheesy

military_stang
:respect:

Willy Mammoth

• Male Posts: 4,252
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2007, 03:58:40 PM »
Yea, in my day we didn't have buttons, we had knobs. Computers? we didn't need computers cause they didn't have the internet back then.

I hope when I do wind up in a wheel chair I have a cute nurse to help me figure it out, cause I am going to forget how it works a lot.  :eyebrow:
:usa: American by birth, redneck by choice. 

Making Of http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=6472.0  

Sightings Of  http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=10805.0

Rocksurfer

• Momentum Man
  • Turtle Points: 730
  • Male Posts: 13,860
  • Member since Jul '04
  • Lego Enforcement
    • View Profile
    • Spinnin4s 4x4 Club
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »
...and we trust you to make our cheese!!!  :outtahere:
The Ghost-Rider/Ghost Runner

No matter how far you fall, the ground will always catch you

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »
We've been having problems with our satellite signal for our TV.  I played with the receiver box, all the connections and the TV.  I do all the signal tests and everything myself before calling the company.  I get on the phone and they walk me through all the steps I just did, again!  And this gal on the other end says I'll need to call my local satellite installer.  So, I call them and she walks me through things again, including all the other buttons features on the TV.  And then I tell her to send a guy out to fix it, and just then my almost 3 year old daughter walks by and pushes a button and instantly the satellite reception was fixed.   :smack: 

Sounds like a senior moment to me  :yesnod:

Hell, I got nutz when I grab the remote, hit a button by mistake and everything goes bland and then it's like WTF DID I DO!!! And we spend a half hour pressing things and never do figure out how we finally got it to come back on :willynilly:
I won't even try to watch the DVD player cause I worry about getting the cable back on.
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Goose

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 52
  • Male Posts: 1,029
  • Member since Mar '07
  • >>Goose maN<<
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2007, 06:24:14 PM »
you know its sad when your dad had to explain to you what a car-phone was back in the day, and now your reprogramming his itty-bitty new cell phone with internet, picture mail, etc. because he doesnt have a damn clue what hes doing.
dont even get me started on my father and a dvd player... Hah!   :crazy:
Baller Status: Coming Soon To A Toyota Near You!...   :afro:

My Life Is A Very Complicated Drinking Game... -Me

90 ext. cab v6, SAS'd, 37's

94 4runner -work in progress

www.slagfactory.com

My Buildups:
'90 ext. cab
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=38260.new#new
'94 4Runner
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=53882.new#new

Lady Di

• Goddess of Mud
  • Rock Ninja
  • Offline Rock Master
  • Female Posts: 299
  • Member since Nov '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2007, 06:28:33 PM »
  :rofl:

My mother INSISTED she did not need a cell phone. I insisted she did cause she's alone and drives out in the middle of nowhere. And now she can't live without it.
Fahgetabout the DVD player! :shake:

:rofl:
Life is like a bowl of beer flavored chocolate covered dog turds.. it makes no sense. :pokinit:

Where is the Mammoth?

How the Mammoth came to be

Number Two :pokinit:

Tallchevy

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 236
  • Male Posts: 3,562
  • Member since Dec '06
  • Where were going we don't need roads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2007, 09:00:02 PM »
my almost 3 year old daughter walks by and pushes a button and instantly the satellite reception was fixed.   :smack: 
My 12 year old set up the Myspace page for me & my 6 year old has been kicking my  :moon: on the Nintendo Wii  :shake: This new high tech  :pokinit: is ADULT PROOF  :yesnod:
:angry: My child is an honor student at Anton Levay's School of Satanic Arts :angry:

87 4Runner redo
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=41959.0
87 Toyota 4Runner, SAS Rig Gallery
http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=29877.msg3

YotaChris

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: 47
  • Male Posts: 274
  • Member since Jan '04
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Aug 15, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »
  :_oops::ha_ha: :haha: I have got the answer..............COX DIGITAL CABLE!!! Although the technology is still even too great for my grandparents and I have to go and fix it half the time. You know, turn on the cable box, or put the tv on ch 3. What is with people these days not being able to use a remote?  :therethere:  :yupyup:
I LOVE MY YOTAS!!