Author Topic: dans little experiance  (Read 2413 times)

crawlerdan

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1319
  • Male Posts: 4,770
  • Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
dans little experiance
« on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:48:41 PM »
i recently had an oportunity to shoot areally big freekin gun, with a scope that is said to accurate to 3 or 4 miles.
the bullets stand at 3.5 inches or so and are 1100 grains or something like that, im no expert on guns, but this 45 lg thig was amazing.
i shot it a few times and threw up from sonic shock waves or something like that, the marine i was with said that was common for newbies
he shot through 8 trees at once and it still went over a mile
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006, 07:20:33 PM by crawlerdan »

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
Re: dans little experiance
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:55:16 PM »
heres pics, and my freind with a big gun :D
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006, 07:19:55 PM by crawlerdan »

kneedownnate

• Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:56:23 PM »
That's frickin cool man!  I'd love to shoot one....sans the puking though.
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:57:40 PM »
That's frickin cool man!  I'd love to shoot one....sans the puking though.
worth it dood :yesnod:

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2006, 06:58:04 PM »
Are you totally sure that mini 14 is fully auto?
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:13:13 PM »
Are you totally sure that mini 14 is fully auto?
it goes boom well :disturbed: 
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2006, 07:21:36 PM by crawlerdan »

kneedownnate

• Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:20:17 PM »
That's pretty sweet....and I bet you didn't even puke :thumbs:
RIP KYOTA

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »
That's pretty sweet....and I bet you didn't even puke :thumbs:
no, i fed a shrub mickydees :chew:  :yumyum:  :crazy:  :puke:  :reg:

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:24:41 PM »
i have edited content due to potential legal issues brought to my attention, i will say though that all guns where permited, legal, carried disassembled, ran legal ammo, and where shot by experts and my self with supervision, on a designated shooting range

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -33
  • Member since Nov '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2006, 10:59:48 PM »
I went shooting yesterday, but not with ANYTHING near as huge at that! it was still a ton of fun, and I can't wait to go again! :thumbs:

Hyena

• I'm Legit!!!
  • Turtle Points: 2401
  • Male Posts: 6,715
  • Member since Feb '04
  • AKA Baja Brad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »
You fully suck.  I have been wanting to shoot a .50 call Berret for a long long time.

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2006, 12:50:23 PM »
My uncle had a H&K 308 that was "legally" converted to full auto and that thing "ROCKED!"   So, how bad did it kick?  A buddy of mine bought a Desert Eagle .50 cal when they came out and talk about kicked my ass!!  I almost had that thing permantly mounted into my forehead!   :yikes:
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2006, 01:27:52 PM »
hey cheesemaker-the kick on that thing was impressive, it felt like a 357, or something else resonably sized, i expected it to break bones, but the military designed it so that it could be shot all cay with proper training. so it didnt really kick that hard, it did however have a great affect on my body and everyone else standing within 20 ft. it felt like i had been hit in the head real hard, but with out the ompact pain, just the dizzy numbness weird taste in your maouth feelin like i was punched, and it made you feel drunk for hours afterwords, it shakes your core and makes you puke alot if your not used to it, i did. but the sonic boom and shock waves are what get you, not the kick, i shot three rounds with no sornes in my shoulder, my freind went through 25 or so and is my size(6-2,200lbs) and he was fine, just shakes the crap outa everything, you get sick from the sonic boom even if your just standid there :o  :ack:

Cheesemaker

• Rock Ninja
  • Turtle Points: 1363
  • Male Posts: 4,525
  • Member since Sep '04
  • Dean Tyler, you were an inspiration to all!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2006, 01:50:26 PM »
The only compression/sonic waves I've ever experienced was with my uncles potatoe cannon he made.  We would hammer a 3" pipe into the ground out in the middle of a grassy field, stuff whatever fits into the cannon and fill with oxy/acetylene through a hole at the bottom and touch off! :flamer:   I used to love watching the compression waves in the grass, I used to get nauseous after about two dozen of those!  Word of advise, don't use golf balls!  They go out of site really quick!!!  And beer cans if put in bottom first, they turn inside out!
Miss ya Dean (4THEWKN) & Kyle (KYOTA)!!

4THEWKN~9/17/2006  If it wasn't for you, I'd be driving something other than a Toyota!

My build up ~ project Kilchis! http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=32961.0
Zak's truck build ~ http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=64319.0;topicseen

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
The only compression/sonic waves I've ever experienced was with my uncles potatoe cannon he made.  We would hammer a 3" pipe into the ground out in the middle of a grassy field, stuff whatever fits into the cannon and fill with oxy/acetylene through a hole at the bottom and touch off! :flamer:   I used to love watching the compression waves in the grass, I used to get nauseous after about two dozen of those!  Word of advise, don't use golf balls!  They go out of site really quick!!!  And beer cans if put in bottom first, they turn inside out!
:ha_ha: kaboom :ha_ha:

unclejpl4x4

• Offline Silver Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 348
  • Male Posts: 3,522
  • Member since Apr '05
  • Broke & rusted
    • View Profile
    • myspace
    • Buy me a beer
« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2006, 07:41:51 PM »
ya my one friend  has a remiton 7mm  with a 18x scope   i love shooting  it     can't hit crap tho........ 

when he first got the scope  we went out to sight it in  we where using on corner of my bed   back then i had a tonto cover     so it was like 25 dagres out side  and we put some rounds thro  . then i relized  the darn shock wave  undid all the treads in the cover on the one side  :tantrum:   
and while im typing this  that darn turtle  is flooting right where im typing  he's teasing me  but :nono:   i'm not gona cklick on that   wicked SOB
build thread http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=39214.0
CB install http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=45467.0
roundeyes http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=33294.0;highlight=round+eyes
LC exhaust head 2 tip, EB RVstreethead O/S valves,EB  268c/torker cam , .20 over , metal t-chain wear pads
MARLIN clutch 1200, master clutch cly

crawlerdan [OP]

• Member since Feb '05
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2006, 09:43:52 PM »
ya my one friend  has a remiton 7mm  with a 18x scope   i love shooting  it     can't hit crap tho........ 

when he first got the scope  we went out to sight it in  we where using on corner of my bed   back then i had a tonto cover     so it was like 25 dagres out side  and we put some rounds thro  . then i relized  the darn shock wave  undid all the treads in the cover on the one side  :tantrum:   
and while im typing this  that darn turtle  is flooting right where im typing  he's teasing me  but :nono:   i'm not gona cklick on that   wicked SOB
you are a funny s.o.b uncle j, .......freekin turtles, hahahahahahahaah :haha: