Author Topic: Made in China  (Read 31218 times)

Snowtoy

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 1403
  • Male Posts: 2,583
  • Member since Sep '03
    • View Profile
Re: Made in China
« Reply #180 on: Apr 07, 2010, 07:31:34 PM »
^^Not necessarily.  I have found that it often depends on the age of the clerk or manager, usually those under 25 are less concerned w/the Chinese, which is understandable.  Most of them have never owned a toy, game, clothes, electronics, not made in China, and have little concern over their food being made there.  The older clerks and managers however do seam to be more concerned, but them again they could just be better/more experienced at blowing smoke up a customers azz, then their younger counterparts.  I often ask the sales person if they have product "X" that isn't made in China, even if I know there aren't any, juts to get them thinking about it.  Anything I have returned to a store, when asked why I am returning it I always say because it is made in China, even if it was something I got as a gift that I didn't want/couldn't use.  Even if there isn't an immediate reaction to the statement about not wanting to buy Chinese made crap, it will eventually get talked about to those who are in a position to do something, even if it gets brought up in conversation as a point of humor.  The more people that say something when having to buy the Chinese made crap, the more likely merchants will respond.

I can't wait for the S.F. Bay Bridge to collapse or start falling apart shortly after it is finished, like the Chinese made sheet rock. China is building all of the deck plates(road sections) for the eastern side of the bridge, the first ones arrived last month.  Bay Bridge welding woes lead to China trip.
'90 black X-cab mod'd 3.0, 33's/4.88's, rear ARB, custom bumpers, sliders, safari rack, etc.
'91 Blue X-cab 22re, 35's/5.29's,Truetrac front, ARB rear, dual cases, and custom Safari flatbed, bumper, interior.
The money pit '87 Supra resto/mod