Author Topic: Gov't. Rebate check  (Read 9150 times)

CTENG in KS

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: -501
  • Male Posts: 4,295
  • Member since Jun '04
  • ^Alfred the Great
    • View Profile
    • CTENG's Eco-Rant
Re: Gov't. Rebate check
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:17:11 PM »
Yes farmers that swap out their crops for fuel grade corn crops will possibly cause a shortage in the worlds fuel supply.  Call me callous or a prick it makes no matter to me.  But I only ask this, why do we continue to feed the world?  I don't want the world to starve but I sure as hell wouldn't mind them being able to feed themselves.  We have allowed ourselves to become the worlds big brother and it has done nothing but cause us headaches. 

The bio fuel "revolution" we're going through now isn't causing 90% of the price hike on products.  Its the fuel prices plain and simple.  Any trucker that is saying these fuel prices are killing them is a lying whiner.  Unless they have the worst negotiated contract ever they are getting paid the difference in fuel prices.  We are still paying the equivalent of $3 a gallon after the fuel reimbursement that is figured into the price of freight.  So yes, in the end the people are paying more for everything.  ;)

They do have crappy contracts.  They are going through middle men "dispatchers" who are taking a cut and not passing on fuel premiums.  They bid the job as low as possible and put it out there to see who will pick it up.

I do not know why the independent truckers continue to use these dispatchers.  It would be much more profitable for them to join a trucking fleet, but then thye wouldn't be "independent contractors."
IFS is best kept at ambient temperature in a pile of scrap in the backyard.  When kept under a functioning vehicle, it tends to greatly diminish said vehicle's offroad ability.     -reklund5

4Runner: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=4580.0
Beastmaster: http://board.marlincrawler.com/index.php?topic=34339.0