Author Topic: New Problem with Rebuild - Won't Rev  (Read 3331 times)

RynothealbinO

• Offline Rock Master
  • Turtle Points: -15
  • Male Posts: 141
  • Member since Aug '06
  • 36's on no lift!
    • View Profile
Re: New Problem with Rebuild
« on: Jan 10, 2008, 09:12:41 PM »
Allright, it is running and it has good oil pressure with oil going to the head, which I found out the hard way because I forgot to remove the paper towel that I had blocking the rear return passage to the block leading oil to leak out of the valve cover..bot thats another story.  Anyways I finally got it to sputter off and advanced the ignition to enable it to actually stay running and decided after about 30 seconds it would be a good idea to put coolant in it.  As I was putting coolant in it it started to leak out of the side of the block where a block heater is, which is in the place of a frost plug.  when I took the block to the machine shop they said they would try to remove the heater, but they were only able to get the outside plastic part out, they could not get the rest out.  I was assured it was fine to run it as is but apparantly when the plastic came out it opened up a hole that is about 1/8" big in the center of the heater.  The hole is not threaded so my options are to either to tap it and put a plug in it or to simply weld the hole up, assuming it is iron.  I am lazy and like welding so I am really tempted to weld it up...but that could also be because I am simply tired of working on this dumb thing.  Any thoughts before I do something stupid?
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6  Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love and in purity.  1 Timothy 4:12