Author Topic: Braking Problems.  (Read 3483 times)

fordh8r

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 850
  • Male Posts: 2,588
  • Member since Jan '07
  • when my toyota grows up it'll be just like my chevy!
    • View Profile
Re: Braking Problems.
« on: Sep 24, 2007, 05:30:41 PM »
Yes I am but it should be more pressure considering its a 1/8" bigger diameter bore then stock. I think its just back to normal and im just trying to stop 37's and thats probably why. I only thought my truck stopped better before, it probably didnt.
That would seem to be logical but not true. With a larger bore MC you can move more fluid but it comes at a price!  :yesnod:

Either you apply more effort (at the pedal) in creating the same pressure (at the wheels) to do so OR a bigger booster might do the trick. Maybe the one from where the master came from. (something to look at and may be your best option) This will or should improve your pedal feel and won't change your pedal travel. When I put my V6 master on mine I also installed the booster from the same unit as well. Not to mention, I also had the V6 rear brakes which had the larger bore wheel cylinders (which can also make a difference). Maybe even compare the other hardware from the donor vehicle which from where you got your master... :yupyup: A little research can go a long way!  :beerchug:

OR (not recommended)

You have to Increase your leverage to regain the pressure either by moving the attaching point of the master's push rod higher up the pedal arm OR make the pedal longer to be able to apply more pressure. (like a cheater bar, kinda)

If the latter two are possible it would make up for the more fluid being pushed and not change the effective travel of the pedal itself.

I'll assume you also have steel braded lines on your rig as well... :dunno:   Those can help a lot as well in containing the pressure so your brakes will feel and work better.  :thumbs: Oh and the 37's aren't helping either. Try running the size tire you had before to see if they feel like they did. Then see how they feel.