Author Topic: Lilbuddys 81!! (Update 10/18/2007)  (Read 67169 times)

Skinny_Pedal

• Offline The 2.5K Group
  • Turtle Points: 89
  • Male Posts: 2,833
  • Member since Apr '04
  • work so I can support my lifestyle
    • View Profile
    • Buy me a beer
Re: Lilbuddys 81!! (Updated 3/13)
« Reply #300 on: Mar 28, 2006, 10:31:11 AM »
Sorry Littlebuddy, I have to momentarily jack this thread for the edumacation of the newbies on here.

First of all, this efi trick won't fix your misfire problem.  It will however richen up your A/F mixture a bit and should cure that hesitation and take off.  It's not as simple as "popping off " the black plastic cap though.  First you must cut the silicone out from around the  black plastic cap with an exacto knife and then very carefully pry up on the cap with a couple pocket screwdrivers to you don't brake it.  To adjust it, look for the clock wheel at the bottom and mark the tooth where the little spring type holder is holding it in position.  Start the engine and let it warm up and drop down to base idle.  While holding the clock gear from moving, pry out on it's holder and let it loosen up 1-3 teeth (until you notice the idle change very slightly).   Clean up the old sylicone that is left and spray down the internal electronics in the AFM and blow dry.  Apply a little bead of clear cylicone around the cap and push it back in place.  Next time you have to smog it, you might want to move the clock spring back to the original position - that is why you marked it.  Remember, try to be as stealth as you can cause a smog guy might suspect something being tinkered with.

If you really want a highly modified AFM and have bigger injectors, high flow fuel pump, high flow head, high compression motor - I have a solution that appears stock and will fool every smog guy out there if executed correctly.

sorry for the hi-jack but are you serious. way to talk up and easy job, no i would not suggest doing this with the engine running. also this does help it from missing at higher rpm's
Im an OG