Author Topic: I HATE CONS!!!!!!!!  (Read 5732 times)

kneedownnate

• Offline Gold Turtle Award
  • Turtle Points: 1128
  • Male Posts: 9,757
  • Member since Oct '04
    • View Profile
Re: I HATE CONS!!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 08, 2006, 11:10:03 AM »
:smack: You actually opened one of those?  I've never got one through my messages, but from what I've been told you're ok if you just open an email, the viruses supposedly hide in attachments so don't click on those.  Plus, when I was going back and forth with that guy I would go to my friends house and open em there since he runs on linux, no worries.  I'm pretty careful about what I view at home though, and as a rule of thumb I DO NOT deal with anybody from outside the us on ebay, largely due to these scams.  I make no bones about turning them in to ebay either, the more frequently they get shut down the less likely they'll be to keep coming back, they'll just look for other places that are less scrutinized. 

Oh, and for those who deal on ebay; never open an email from ebay or paypal saying your account has been locked, you need to update info or anything pertaining to you account info.  What you wanna do is go to ebay, click on "my ebay" and look in your messages.  If there is a problem with your account then ebay will not email you, they'll inform you through your messages, and they will NEVER ask for personal info through an email.  These phishers have done an incredible job making their emails look legit, addresses even nearly identically match ebay or paypal addresses, but they are scams.  I was getting them for a while but kept turning them over to ebay and now they seem to have stopped. 
RIP KYOTA

You can go through life being scared of the possible, or you can have a little fun and tease the inevitable.

Give a man venison, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to hunt Blacktail, he'll be frustrated for life!