Author Topic: Jeep vs. Toyota  (Read 69580 times)

Fikseman

• Offline Rock Crawl'n
  • Turtle Points: -115
  • Member since Aug '05
  • Crawling with Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Jeep vs. Toyota
« Reply #120 on: Oct 24, 2005, 08:16:25 PM »
well xj's can't be compared to anything that doesn't have a unibody....otherwise its like comparing apples to oranges....reason being...i think i'll just use what 4wheeloffroad said:
Structure
Cherokee chassis structure is formed from pseudo framerails made of sheetmetal under the vehicle. Rear quarter-panels are uniquely designed for dual duty to provide added structural integrity to the body. When cutting past the wheelwell/body panel seam, this intentional structure is weakened. Cutting past the wheelwell/body panel seam should only occur when a reinforced re-seaming can replace the original seam.

so you can't cut the crap outta the unibodies w/o seeing some bad things happen....not that you can't, just the life of the unibody does indeed get lowered considerably. friend has a cherokee and he cut to much out of his first beater, ruined the body on the first trip..... :yikes:. this means a very high COG and easy to tip/less stable which means less performance. dont get me wrong, some Xj's/Zj's can wheel a whole lot better then my wrangler, but they put how much more into thier rigs?

as for the toy vs jeep debate, heres where i have found the problem to be(first hand).
1 - (insert brand) is the best.
2 - (insert brand) is the best. im right your wrong. because i know God himself and He told me.
1 - No, my stuff is the best, because I know God better then you.
2 - I bet you dont. I win, because mine says insert brand

it all turns into a thingy envy debate, and its really not needed. pride in your vehicle is one thing, ignorance towards others rigs makes your thoughts on anything else worthless. We can't let pride get in the way of having a good time with friends we meet/ride with on the trail.

im done rambling.