Author Topic: Jeep vs. Toyota  (Read 69638 times)

TrackVino

• Offline The 1K Club
  • Turtle Points: 45
  • Male Posts: 1,038
  • Member since Oct '04
  • Rocking and Rollin with Marlin!!!
    • View Profile
    • DCD Photo Studios
Re: Jeep vs. Toyota
« Reply #60 on: Sep 11, 2005, 07:01:59 AM »
Im new to 4 wheeling, and most of you have seen my buildup of my 4 runner, so you know im a toyota fan.

I don't think Jeeps are as bad as you say. Some of you have commented about jeeps always breaking down, and how some people are not as prepaired as they should be, and also the money issue.

My  :twocents: on the matter is this:

My friend Carlos built himself a really nice 1 gen Toyota would go anywhere, without breaking down. This truck just kept on going and going, he was always there. Thats why Big Mike gives him heck for selling it to his son.

Yes he sold it to his son and got a new Jeep Rubicon.

The fact of the matter is, I know Carlos would have purchased another Toyota if  he could find a new one that is stock, and capable of wheeling like his old reliable.

Lets thank Toyota for not making anything stock that can go anywhere. Right?

If you think about it, why would you buy a new Toyota truck, only to stick an 85 or older front axle under it? I think thats why you dont see to many newer Toyota's on the trail, too expensive

Now the Jeep Rubicon is, I think, the only vehicle on the market that you can purchase, and start wheeling right away.

Carlos took his, and put a small 3" lift, 35's and a bunch of other little things, and wow, this thing is really cool. Rides like a Cadillac and can outflex any of our Toyota's any day. Of course, there are a few little things that need to be built up to strengthen up the suspension, but not far from stock.

I know Carlos was even present to flip Marlins buggy back on its feet after a rollover at the rubicon.  :yikes: I know, none of you want to hear this, but it happened.

I don't know much about jeeps, the room is a little cramped, but ive Ive gone wheeling with Carlos many times without any problems. By the way, I'm 6' 5", not exactly a little guy. Hes even given me the opoopportunity drive, plenty of room for my size 16 shoes.

I think the thing about jeeps is the owner. As with any other vehicle, if your not prepaired, you will break down. And Carlos has so much experience wheeling, he has no problems on the trail.

Big Mike and all the other guys at the shop know Carlos, and know hes always on the trail with his Rubicon, and I know the guys at the shop have no problems inviting him for a run.

By the way, the only guy that kept up with Mikes 3rz up the 4 lane was Carlos in his Jeep. Lets see how Mike does with the weight of his suspention and body armor hes already added, and will continue to add.

Thats my  :twocents: with experience.